Suggestion: how to prevent early rushes to make this game more enjoyable.

Booster
Corporal

Suggestion: how to prevent early rushes to make this game more enjoyable.

Postby Booster » Fri 13 Apr 2018 13:45

Add an event listener for the first 10 minutes: if unit killed in starting zone and if unit killed by an opponent then the player-killer is loosing the game.

Booster
Corporal

Re: Suggestion: how to prevent early rushes to make this game more enjoyable.

Postby Booster » Fri 13 Apr 2018 15:17

Written above is not a solution. Players can use arty spam with impunity in first 10 minutes and opponent can't deal with it.
This is better one, I think:
if CV killed in starting zone and if CV is far from any artillery unit about 1000-1500m (because players can use a CV as a shield for artillery), then player-killer is loosing the game.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 13 Apr 2018 19:07

buy a tank cv and don't get rushed

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 13 Apr 2018 19:30

The most problematic rush type is a helo rush aimed a spawn in 1vs1 games. Nande made a mod which basically solved the problem (by solved it means a competant player could defeat a helo rush with the application of the right mix of units) some of the changes made to the mod also made it into the game, for example you can no longer buy Mi17's or AH7's with 5 point infantry.

Would you mind sharing with us what type of rushes and in what game types you believe are problematic?
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 13 Apr 2018 19:45

captaincarnage wrote:for example you can no longer buy Mi17's or AH7's with 5 point infantry.

twas a good change
what I don't get is the inconsistency that some 5 pts infantry lost their helo options and some kept it.

Booster
Corporal

Postby Booster » Fri 13 Apr 2018 19:48

captaincarnage wrote:Would you mind sharing with us what type of rushes and in what game types you believe are problematic?

I'm talking about 1v1 games. The problem is not only in helo rush. You can spend points to defend against helos, but an opponent can rush you with tanks and you never know what kind of rush an opponent will do. He actually can play normally and you just throw away your points in defense with no reason and will lose an encounter due to lack of units.
Another problem is - you can wait for a game, loosing your time and when you found it you'll rushed by an opponent and even if you successfully defends, your opponent just surrenders with GG. But was it GG? No! It was a wasted time.

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Postby James-Bond » Fri 13 Apr 2018 21:17

Op solution idea doesnt solve imo.

My idea
"Base" Cv is invincible for X minute.
Like in fps so u dont get spawn killed.

However isn't the solution to these rushes.
Fast recon heli to identify what strategy enemy is attempting.
Keep points in reserve to react with appropriate counter.

Booster
Corporal

Postby Booster » Fri 13 Apr 2018 21:42

James-Bond wrote:Op solution idea doesnt solve imo.

Actually it is easier than you think.

I must to ask you: Do you want to play games like this? I don't think so. I and the people with similar views wants to play a strategy game but rush-games makes WG feels like "one-wave tower defense".

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Sat 14 Apr 2018 00:08

Booster wrote:
captaincarnage wrote:Would you mind sharing with us what type of rushes and in what game types you believe are problematic?

I'm talking about 1v1 games. The problem is not only in helo rush. You can spend points to defend against helos, but an opponent can rush you with tanks and you never know what kind of rush an opponent will do. He actually can play normally and you just throw away your points in defense with no reason and will lose an encounter due to lack of units.
Another problem is - you can wait for a game, loosing your time and when you found it you'll rushed by an opponent and even if you successfully defends, your opponent just surrenders with GG. But was it GG? No! It was a wasted time.

Yeah i've played a few hundred ranked 1v1 games, so i know exactly where your coming from.

For me helo rushes are the most problematic as a tank rush travelling at best speed gives you much more time to react and can often be better countered by your opening force, the obvious issue is identifying and countering the rush with the appropriate units at the earliest moment.

I can only give you advice which you've probably already worked our for yourself but if your opponent is silent and doesn't respond in chat before the game launches more often than not they are some sort of rusher and keeping a bank of 100-200 points back from your opening is a sensible tactic to employ if you suspect your opponent is a rusher is a sensible approach.

Sadly Eugen has dropped support for Wargame so the chances of any meaningful changes happening to Red Dragon are somewhere between slim and none.

Also just noticed your post count, welcome to the forums :)

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Sat 14 Apr 2018 00:13

urogard wrote:
captaincarnage wrote:for example you can no longer buy Mi17's or AH7's with 5 point infantry.

twas a good change
what I don't get is the inconsistency that some 5 pts infantry lost their helo options and some kept it.

Generally speaking the other helos which 5 point infantry can access (though i'm struggling to think of any offhand!) are pretty useless for helo rushing, so the 2 types of truly useful helos which serve as the meat for a helo rush were nerfed appropriately, while others which were pretty useless were left unchanged as there was no really compelling reason to nerf them.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”