Detailed presentation of a new idea for the Wargame series

47andrej
Lieutenant

Re: Detailed presentation of a new idea for the Wargame series

Postby 47andrej » Fri 8 Jun 2018 18:59

USSR actually needs only one unit for roleplaying russian Forces in Syria: the iconic SU-27IB (SU-34).
Its even in current WRD timeframe.

Almost everything else is already there, several Spetznas teams, T-90, 30mm AC armed BTRs, Mi-28, Ka-52...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 9 Jun 2018 04:55

Eternity wrote:If you get acquainted with the content, you will understand how this is a brilliant idea, which being implemented will be an obvious breakthrough in the genre of strategy games, and when you Express in three words what is not even in the article, it is not the best way to characterize your intellectual abilities.

You realize that nothing you posted is even remotely original, right? I suggest you play some RUSE and Combat Mission before you try to act big again. Also, stop being so triggered.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Postby James-Bond » Sat 9 Jun 2018 09:42

Seems like the game, it's just being made complex unnecessarily.
Please write it more concisely
maybe use the spoliets to break it into sections?

Tl:DR; CnC Generals, modern Red Alert Mod with odd game modes.
Spoiler : long version :
Goals should be simple to explain:
Example of WGRD
Destruction: Destroy more valuable units and lose less than opponent.
Conquest: Hold more zones, more zones more points, higher points to win.
Economy: let income to hit target value 1st.

This technology race thing is odd, missed /fake missiles can be pick up for technology points. Lol Wut?

"A new feature in the game - the control of the battlefield with the help of a space satellite. Thus it is possible to completely withdraw players from the game, destroying the satellite through which they are monitoring the battlefield. Russian drone BOR-4, American X-37 and the Chinese Shenlong created to destroy enemy satellites. I do not know how to implement it, but the idea seems to me interesting."

You need to know how to implement it...
Thats like me saying this without solving the problems
Step 1) new wargame
Step 2) Balanced and Bugless
Step 3) satisfied community

"- The game has many different maps, but no map, which consisted of one big city, so that 70-80% of the area of the map would occupy some megalopolis with its sights, skyscrapers and park areas in the city. At the moment, the best city map is the Wonsan Harbor where the urban area does not exceed 25%.
- Thus the game will be more intelligent, complex and requires more thought, but at the same time more fun and playful"

A 70-80% city map sounds bad imo, it may of been omitted for a reason.

Complex just means many parts, doesnt make it more intelligent.
Read a game design book, you're way off.
A good game is simple to learn, difficult to master.

Cant remember exact quote but goes, games shouldn't be a priesthood in which on the elite can play. Think from book: A theory of fun by Ralph Koster (if someone knows correct me lol)

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 9 Jun 2018 10:40

Eternity wrote:[...]it's lies and slander.

[...] you will understand how this is a brilliant idea, which being implemented will be an obvious breakthrough in the genre of strategy games [...]

[...]there is a sign of reasonableness and objectivity without which it is impossible to analyze and research [...]

Thanks for that laugh my dude. But you wanted serious answers, so here we go.

Before you continue on about your gamebreaking ideas, you might to spare a thought on how to actually research information to implement the correct capabilities in game. We already had issues with that in the past, seeing how quite a lot is still classified. A best example for this is quite ironically War Thunder with their top new Shinys: Everybody including the Devs pulls their own armor statistic out of their arse, because getting correct values for modern/still in use vehicles is quite hard. And you want to implement state of the art EW systems currently in use in Ukraine and Syria or want to model stuff like JASSM or Storm Shadow? LOL

Well, unless you are in the possession of inside knowledge and want to take one for the team. That would always be highly appreciated... :roll:

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Sat 9 Jun 2018 21:33

ERA shouldn't be effective in same spot twice

The thing is, it's very effective against HEAT but you'll still lose tanks to stuff like Milan, TOW etc. That's mitigated somewhat by the damage model but I still think it should be addressed.

I actually like the idea of spyplanes and was going to post about it at one point - EW was tried back in ALB days but nothing happened. At first I thought they would be too easy to shoot down, but then I thought about SLAR and it occurred to me that they could have a much wider FOV. They were such a huge asset in the CW period and all nations had them. The RAF used Marconi recon pods on the Jaguar and there was also the RF-101, RF-4C and others like the Mirage IV and 5R. The USSR had the MiG-21R, MiG-25RB (numerous variants, two of which are in the game), Su-24MR and Pact used the Su-22.

They wouldn't have much in terms of armament but most had ECM and were fast as well I suggest that they fly at the highest altitude in-game, above that of multiroles with the exception of the Foxbat if it carries bombs, because that just wouldn't be fair..

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sun 10 Jun 2018 15:58

yeah it'd be cool if there was a different coloured armour value that was lost when you take an Atgm hit or something. Than only regular strength could be repaired.

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Fri 29 Jun 2018 15:39

I am in favour of more detailed implementation of electronic warfare.

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sun 8 Jul 2018 21:50

EWAR aircraft would be very interesting if they reduced the accuracy of radar guided SAM/gun systems, sight range of SAMs/guns and degraded engagement ranges while they were operating.

That being said they should not be nearly as stealthy as aircraft such as SEAD such as the EA-6B currently are, if the jammers are on then you'll see it as soon as it enters the map! (You'll have to get an interceptor over into VR to switch it off though...)

Also a fan of dedicated air search radar vehicles in the recon tab as the only ground vehicles with good air detection. While toothless they will light up any fixed wing aircraft entering the map and perhaps increase the engagement range of gun/sam systems nearby, thereby creating an incentive to actually take EWAR/SEAD assets in one's deck.

Ruse also had good mechanics to impliment the intelligence/ELINT aspect of things but those were a bit more global and aided by the division of the map into sectors. I'd definitely appreciate something unit based that can be hunted down/countered
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 11 Jul 2018 14:28

The simplest way to do jammers, in my opinion at least, would be to make aircraft that grant extra ECM to aircraft within a bubble around them. It's not brilliantly realistic but it makes the effects of the jamming very intuitive, and it's critical that the game remains playable while we add these realistic things. In a concession to the complexities of actual EWAR, we could make the bubbles lobe shaped :D
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?