EU 1-5 *Tactical* Servers

molnibalage
General

Re: EU 1-5 *Tactical* Servers

Postby molnibalage » Sun 16 Dec 2018 23:37

Mud fight is not so bad but is a bit waaaaaaay tactical. A bit more income and 500 CP staring would provide more flexibility.

Poison Rat
Corporal

Postby Poison Rat » Mon 17 Dec 2018 12:37

molnibalage wrote:Mud fight is not so bad but is a bit waaaaaaay tactical. A bit more income and 500 CP staring would provide more flexibility.

Yes but the tacticals are made just for the purpose, to remove that kind of flexibility which allows multiple FOB's and multiple MLRS right from start.

Much more fun for players when they really have to show some effort to win the game. Yes it is harder to play like this, but in the end it is more fun when most of players get the idea.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 17 Dec 2018 12:50

Poison Rat wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Mud fight is not so bad but is a bit waaaaaaay tactical. A bit more income and 500 CP staring would provide more flexibility.

Yes but the tacticals are made just for the purpose, to remove that kind of flexibility which allows multiple FOB's and multiple MLRS right from start.

Much more fun for players when they really have to show some effort to win the game. Yes it is harder to play like this, but in the end it is more fun when most of players get the idea.

Because of the very low initial CP and slow generation very unbalanced situation can appear which it makes the game only gambling.

For ex. an A-10 in certain stage of the game is close to invincible. If you do not have CP for ASF or heavy SAM A-10 is close to indestructible because of its AV it can survive lots of SHOARD and MANPAD hits. So even if the team can manage to set up 3-4 MANPAD + SHORAD A-10 is still almost a demigod.

A single player can but 1-2 MANPADs "quickly but usable ASF is at least 100CP (MIG-25). In case the opponent has ASF and you send ASF against A-10 the 1v1 ASF fight is also just luck and gambling it has nothing to with tactics regardless what says the title of the game style. A top tier ASF is 160-180 CP...

F-117 is also way OP in tactical in certain situations especially as long as unit AI is totally dumb and many times do not even aim on them during a 3-4 sec launch window regardless I manually designate the F-117 or any aircraft.

The +100 CP staring it would provide the necessary flexibility to make much less gamble the game. Of course you still can spend unwisely the CP but a good player it can use a a reserve. Also would help to appear much more variety of units, more regular inf instead only shock and elite and tanks above 25-55 CP would be more affordable which can survive at least one A cat RPG or ATGM hit also make much less gambling the game.

Best tactical servers in ALB and even in RD has 500-600CP initial staring CP with a but quicker CP generation.

I love tactical where you can miro the inf + tank support but if the tank support does not have any surviv. and many times forest combat is just pure gambling because of close distance units many times cannot retreat...

Poison Rat
Corporal

Postby Poison Rat » Mon 17 Dec 2018 14:40

molnibalage wrote:
Poison Rat wrote:

Because of the very low initial CP and slow generation very unbalanced situation can appear which it makes the game only gambling.

For ex. an A-10 in certain stage of the game is close to invincible. If you do not have CP for ASF or heavy SAM A-10 is close to indestructible because of its AV it can survive lots of SHOARD and MANPAD hits. So even if the team can manage to set up 3-4 MANPAD + SHORAD A-10 is still almost a demigod.

A single player can but 1-2 MANPADs "quickly but usable ASF is at least 100CP (MIG-25). In case the opponent has ASF and you send ASF against A-10 the 1v1 ASF fight is also just luck and gambling it has nothing to with tactics regardless what says the title of the game style. A top tier ASF is 160-180 CP...

F-117 is also way OP in tactical in certain situations especially as long as unit AI is totally dumb and many times do not even aim on them during a 3-4 sec launch window regardless I manually designate the F-117 or any aircraft.

The +100 CP staring it would provide the necessary flexibility to make much less gamble the game. Of course you still can spend unwisely the CP but a good player it can use a a reserve. Also would help to appear much more variety of units, more regular inf instead only shock and elite and tanks above 25-55 CP would be more affordable which can survive at least one A cat RPG or ATGM hit also make much less gambling the game.

Best tactical servers in ALB and even in RD has 500-600CP initial staring CP with a but quicker CP generation.

I love tactical where you can miro the inf + tank support but if the tank support does not have any surviv. and many times forest combat is just pure gambling because of close distance units many times cannot retreat...

I try to not go to too complex talks about this, but to say it shortly, on Mud Fight map particularly, the most useful starting points have been around 3500-4200 points, having either -40% or -20% income and play time around 30-50 minutes.

Of course this depends on the viewpoint and likings of the people hosting the server, and everybody has their own ideas.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 17 Dec 2018 15:40

Poison Rat wrote:I try to not go to too complex talks about this, but to say it shortly, on Mud Fight map particularly, the most useful starting points have been around 3500-4200 points, having either -40% or -20% income and play time around 30-50 minutes.

Of course this depends on the viewpoint and likings of the people hosting the server, and everybody has their own ideas.

The current low cost would be great as long as deck limited to 1980 because in this case the gap between top tier and other units are much less and generally units are cheaper. Is no ground units above 100CP as I can remember but generally 80CP is the highest, the best tanks. In cat B (pe 1985) are still 130 CP tanks and some other more expensive units but above 100CP are mostly only airplanes.

Poison Rat
Corporal

Postby Poison Rat » Mon 17 Dec 2018 17:03

molnibalage wrote:
Poison Rat wrote:I try to not go to too complex talks about this, but to say it shortly, on Mud Fight map particularly, the most useful starting points have been around 3500-4200 points, having either -40% or -20% income and play time around 30-50 minutes.

The current low cost would be great as long as deck limited to 1980 because in this case the gap between top tier and other units are much less and generally units are cheaper. Is no ground units above 100CP as I can remember but generally 80CP is the highest, the best tanks. In cat B (pe 1985) are still 130 CP tanks and some other more expensive units but above 100CP are mostly only airplanes.

I like this idea too to have less modern units in deck, and also tried it more than once, but the end result usually is that the game lobby fills much slower if at all, reason being many players just do not have the 1980 decks not to mention if they were designed to low income tacticals.

So, I try to keep the demands for any specially tweaked decks as easy as possible, so people can still play even in case they have a wrong deck for current settings. For these tactical servers it's usually enough if you just make few cheaper units part of your deck.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 17 Dec 2018 22:46

Poison Rat wrote:I like this idea too to have less modern units in deck, and also tried it more than once, but the end result usually is that the game lobby fills much slower if at all, reason being many players just do not have the 1980 decks not to mention if they were designed to low income tacticals.

So, I try to keep the demands for any specially tweaked decks as easy as possible, so people can still play even in case they have a wrong deck for current settings. For these tactical servers it's usually enough if you just make few cheaper units part of your deck.

2 years ago were '80s or '85s tactical land mostly filled quickly. Sadly only for a short time existed that server...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 19 Dec 2018 21:11

Was yesterday an '80s 10v10 and a 2v2. Whoa! Both was nice.

Poison Rat
Corporal

Postby Poison Rat » Tue 25 Dec 2018 20:31

I might do some 1980 server later on, just have to figure out good map and settings for it. I let the current setting be for week or couple before any changes.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Sat 29 Dec 2018 13:46

Poison Rat wrote:I might do some 1980 server later on, just have to figure out good map and settings for it. I let the current setting be for week or couple before any changes.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!

500 CP initial likely would be fine because except airplanes is only a very few units above 80-90CP. Wide variety of units are usable. Only issues is maybe the A-10 which is very hard to kill in '80s environment.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”