EU 1-5 *Tactical* Servers

Bobbypop
Private First-Class

Re: EU 1-5 *Tactical* Servers

Postby Bobbypop » Tue 4 Aug 2020 05:51

Another tker right at round start. Again on EU4.

Name is Obama bin laden.

Edit : second replay, same guy now called Democrats, round start TK.
Attachments
Democrats tker replay_2020-08-06_10-42-01.zip
(80.76 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Obama bin laden TKer replay_2020-08-03_23-48-09.zip
(104.79 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Poison Rat
Sergeant

Postby Poison Rat » Fri 7 Aug 2020 09:16

I try to look at the latest reports today or this weekend, it requires some work looking a logs also to confirm the report validity but also to pinpoint the culprit, people are changing their playernames so the name itself isn't good enough information have to look logs more closely.

Poison Rat
Sergeant

Postby Poison Rat » Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:38

Bobbypop wrote:Got another teamkiller for you :

EU 4 server

His in game name is Ronin. The first friendly fire cv killing happens at 13:26 in Dmitri while at the same time he suicides all his forces. He then proceeds to kill our main spawn CVs with more rocket planes.

Thanks

Valid report thanks!

However, couldn't do the decision about banning this time, due some missing information in server logs.

Took the player information up, please report if it happens again.

Poison Rat
Sergeant

Postby Poison Rat » Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:39

Bobbypop wrote:Another tker right at round start. Again on EU4.

Name is Obama bin laden.

Edit : second replay, same guy now called Democrats, round start TK.

Valid reports, it was actually same player having just different names.

Ban has been set, it becomes effective eventually when servers are restarted, thanks for report.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 11 Aug 2020 15:11

Poison Rat wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Is there any chance for a C category low cost server?

If there would be a real reason to that, probably yes, but is there real reason for it?

Better gameplay.

Poison Rat
Sergeant

Postby Poison Rat » Fri 14 Aug 2020 11:20

molnibalage wrote:
Poison Rat wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Is there any chance for a C category low cost server?

If there would be a real reason to that, probably yes, but is there real reason for it?

Better gameplay.

I believe the game quality would not change much. The current server has enough power and bandwidth to do the task well beyond the real needs, the only downside is it can't be online 24/7.

Still, the option for this is "sort of" open, I just don't see enough reason to pay for it or do much work for it.

Does anyone reading this have experience from free solutions like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or some Google environments, which to my knowledge offer some free options to host some small capacity servers (like, in virtualized form)? Can any of them be used to host servers like this Wargame Red Dragon?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 14 Aug 2020 13:57

Poison Rat wrote:I believe the game quality would not change much. The current server has enough power and bandwidth to do the task well beyond the real needs, the only downside is it can't be online 24/7.

Still, the option for this is "sort of" open, I just don't see enough reason to pay for it or do much work for it.

Does anyone reading this have experience from free solutions like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or some Google environments, which to my knowledge offer some free options to host some small capacity servers (like, in virtualized form)? Can any of them be used to host servers like this Wargame Red Dragon?

For tactical game the less unicorn and less expensive units are much more good and useful.
I did not said anything about bandwidth and other technical thing. I'm talking about GAMEPLAY.

Poison Rat
Sergeant

Postby Poison Rat » Fri 14 Aug 2020 16:19

molnibalage wrote:
Poison Rat wrote:I believe the game quality would not change much. The current server has enough power and bandwidth to do the task well beyond the real needs, the only downside is it can't be online 24/7.

For tactical game the less unicorn and less expensive units are much more good and useful.
I did not said anything about bandwidth and other technical thing. I'm talking about GAMEPLAY.

If these technical things are excluded, then the only thing deciding game quality are really the rules made to the each server, and then the players themselves.

The rules setting the income, map and such are made by me, and the players are each individuals they can't be really controlled, but only make some rules and game settings they must play along.

If theres some other big issue concerning gameplay, feel free to enlighten me. Try to be more specific, what exact thing is a problem and why and how it should be made better.

And just to keep the suggestions level up, consider them carefully, I think I have quite good experience how to play and host the game, I just don't have the nicest tools (meaning mostly software side, I don't want to code anything) to do it. I have pretty much only one reason to upkeep this, it's because in generally I like the game, when it is setup right and players get playing it serious enough, the game can be really great when it all clicks together.

Shika
Corporal

Postby Shika » Mon 28 Sep 2020 02:08

Can I get unbanned?
IGN: Suojeluskunta

Poison Rat
Sergeant

Postby Poison Rat » Wed 30 Sep 2020 17:30

Shika wrote:Can I get unbanned?

The bans are permanent, it has been proven the easiest and the most effective way to keep players behaving.

However, I couldn't prevent anyone to get new account and start a "new life", it probably requires buying the game 2nd time. But again, to keep out from bans, it requires behaving.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”