Red Dragon - possible future?

zesty1941
Private

Red Dragon - possible future?

Postby zesty1941 » Tue 13 Nov 2018 04:48

First of all I’d like to say I’m a huge fan of Red Dragon and detailed close-to-reality approach of any war game. From what I see Red dragon and European Escalation is the only game of this kind on the market. This was the reason I got it on Steam although I am not huge fan of “community” based gaming and on-line extensive involvement and research. Unfortunately this is the case with Red Dragon I got little over a month ago and play it extensively. Why people like me have to settle for half-finished product with so called “steep learning curve”? I would gladly pay double or triple the money for a strategy simulator, only with decent interface and more user friendly controls. More gaming options, such as scenario creator and “unit’s shop” within the game would be a huge relief. Game’s creators made an enormous effort to gather all info necessary for well over 1000 units, yet some need to be fixed. Why not let the gamers to decide if they like researched specifications or not? Why do I need to search some “secret community” on-line to download new maps? Why all those things are not on company’s site? Why do I have to go inside games files or “know the code” to do any changes or add new features? I love to hate this game and yet I spend many hours playing it and making decks. Where are missing naval units? Why Eugen Systems left this game only to its devoted players? Is making even more profit from an improved, existing product such a problem? Having said all that, I would love to buy series of upgrades including improved interface, more maps, more units, countries, scenario/map creator and possibility to make different country alliances in the game. Grass modes or exceptional graphics are not necessary. I’ve played Steel Panthers in the early 90’s, I know it is possible.

Guggy
General

Re: Red Dragon - possible future?

Postby Guggy » Tue 13 Nov 2018 22:18

:o :o :o

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Tue 13 Nov 2018 22:49

He's dead, Jim.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 21 Nov 2018 00:27

You missed Airland Battle. :P

But it sounds like you want modding tools, which is mostly likely never going to happen. This game was published by Focus and Eugen doesn't work with them anymore.
Courtesy of KattiValk

zesty1941
Private

Postby zesty1941 » Wed 21 Nov 2018 01:25

I miss not too old days, when you would buy any software on CD, not being a part of any special “secret” on-line community, when companies felt responsible for their product and customers. I miss those times when released product would be at least 80% finished, it would come with simple instructions and decent interface. Finally, I miss times when people wouldn’t whine about graphics when it came to strictly technical, strategy game. That is all.