Why 'HEAT' have minimum damage 1?

snussh
Private

Why 'HEAT' have minimum damage 1?

Postby snussh » Sat 13 Apr 2019 23:20

I can't understand why 'HEAT' have minimum damage at least 1.

It's so ridiculous 3rd gen MBTs get destroyed by Vehicles or very low-price tanks carrying '73mm or 76mm or 85mm HEAT Shells'(which even just cost only 10-15 points)

And also this stupid mechanism makes 'Plenty of HEAT launchers' a better countermeasure to high-end MBTs than 'High-AP Tank Gun'.

urogard
Brigadier

Re: Why 'HEAT' have minimum damage 1?

Postby urogard » Fri 19 Apr 2019 23:51

snussh wrote:I can't understand why 'HEAT' have minimum damage at least 1.

If you shoot enough even old RPGs onto modern armor, you'll make a hole at some point. That's kinda how armor and heat rounds work.
Also Wargame isn't a simulator, it's a strategy game.

snussh wrote:It's so ridiculous 3rd gen MBTs get destroyed by Vehicles or very low-price tanks carrying '73mm or 76mm or 85mm HEAT Shells'(which even just cost only 10-15 points)

Must be the reason why when I field superheavies, all I see being thrown against me are 10-15 point vehicles instead of atgm planes, helos and other superheavies.[/sarcasm]

The fact that it doesn't work unless you totally mismanage your tanks, shows that it's not a viable strategy. But then again a superheavy can die to even 40 pts tanks easily when getting sideshots, but you don't seem to be making a fuss about that.

snussh wrote:And also this stupid mechanism makes 'Plenty of HEAT launchers' a better countermeasure to high-end MBTs than 'High-AP Tank Gun'.

Well articulated hypothesis supported by the copious volume of evidence you provided.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”