Eugen is now the publisher of Wargame

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Eugen is now the publisher of Wargame

Postby Mister Maf » Tue 7 Apr 2020 17:48

eugen publisher.jpg
eugen publisher.jpg (68.68 KiB) Viewed 26443 times

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2510 ... ed_Dragon/

The publisher listing for Wargame on Steam has changed from Focus Home Interactive to Eugen Systems. Wargame 4 hype etc. etc.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Eugen is now the publisher of Wargame

Postby steppewolf » Tue 7 Apr 2020 18:30

hehe very nice :D

FFG-124(JPN)
Master Sergeant

Postby FFG-124(JPN) » Fri 10 Apr 2020 14:49

is that the reason official 10v10 server had gone?
Broken dream of JGSDF is here.
Spoiler : :
Komatsu B78 in RD.........

I translated "2nd Korean war" into japanese.

SilverSho0t
Private

Postby SilverSho0t » Sat 25 Apr 2020 14:16

I would love to see a 4th sequel. For sure I will buy it first day. Even before if possible. Make my dream come true Eugen. Much love.

fiese_moep
Warrant Officer

Postby fiese_moep » Wed 6 May 2020 18:31

Did Eugen lose thier rights on Wargame to Focus Interactive ?

Can that be the reason they dont do a wargame 4 ?

They said they lost thier rights on Ruse to thier old Publisher an thats the reason there wont be a ruse 2 ever.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Mon 1 Jun 2020 15:41

fiese_moep wrote:Did Eugen lose thier rights on Wargame to Focus Interactive ?

No. Actually, it would be more like the other way around: a few months ago, the contract we had with Focus regarding Wargame series & AoA has come to an end recently, and publisher rights reverted back to Eugen.

fiese_moep wrote:Can that be the reason they dont do a wargame 4 ?

No, the reason was that neither Focus nor ourselves were interested in doing yet another Wargame.

fiese_moep wrote:They said they lost thier rights on Ruse to thier old Publisher an thats the reason there wont be a ruse 2 ever.

No, we never said that, since we never had any rights on RUSE, it had always belonged to Ubisoft, as contracted.

Usually, in real life, when there is a conspiracy theory and a more mundane explanation, the latter has all the chances to be the true one. ;)

Panzerspahwagen85
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Panzerspahwagen85 » Mon 1 Jun 2020 20:11

[EUG]MadMat wrote:No, the reason was that neither Focus nor ourselves were interested in doing yet another Wargame.

Why wouldn't you want to make another Wargame? Both Steel Division games and AOA have been failures in terms of retaining players and building a community.

ColonelKoenig42
Private

Postby ColonelKoenig42 » Mon 15 Jun 2020 14:47

I agree with Panzer.

If Focus and Eugen, weren't interested to do another Wargame. It was understandable after the three opus of wargame. You wanted to change of period, gameplay etc

But now after several games that you developped after WRD. We can observe that only Steel division 2 is a success, but less that wargame red dragon.

We can observe that there are still lot of players on WRD multiplayer server whereas the game has 6 years. It is awesome. Furthermore sometimes the WRD multiplayer has more players than SD2. I don't want to say that WRD is better than SD2 because SD2 is a really good game. But if you will developp a game which has a comparable gameplay that SD2 or WRD with recent units, with new maps, new game mods, a better simulation of modern conventional warfare, you will make a great game which you will sell a lot around the world.

So, I ask you few questions Madmat :
What is your next project at Eugen ?

If you won't make a modern wargame a day, tell us and we will stop to hope definitevely. Please be honest with us.

I know that you had difficulties recently. First of all the strike then the covid-19, it is normal if you are late in your future project. And I hope that you can work normally now.

For me, I can tell you that I'm proud to have a french firm which made several excellent games of tactics and strategy. Thank you !

I hope that I will have a response of you Madmat.

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby silverhaze » Sun 21 Jun 2020 17:14

[EUG]MadMat wrote:No, the reason was that neither Focus nor ourselves were interested in doing yet another Wargame.

This has to be a typo.

So much people are waiting for Wargame 4, with SD's Iris engine improvements, and maybe as a bit more of mod support.
Even without mod support, it will just become instant hit just because so many people ARE waiting for it since a while. I would definitly preorder a copy of the game, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
And if you ever introduce in wargame the strategy mode that SD II has, (I know its a big if) omg it's gonna be HUGE. (also please bring back some of ALB maps, i miss some of them a lot)

Airborneguy
Sergeant Major

Postby Airborneguy » Mon 22 Jun 2020 02:56

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
fiese_moep wrote:Did Eugen lose thier rights on Wargame to Focus Interactive ?

No. Actually, it would be more like the other way around: a few months ago, the contract we had with Focus regarding Wargame series & AoA has come to an end recently, and publisher rights reverted back to Eugen.

fiese_moep wrote:Can that be the reason they dont do a wargame 4 ?

No, the reason was that neither Focus nor ourselves were interested in doing yet another Wargame.

fiese_moep wrote:They said they lost thier rights on Ruse to thier old Publisher an thats the reason there wont be a ruse 2 ever.

No, we never said that, since we never had any rights on RUSE, it had always belonged to Ubisoft, as contracted.

Usually, in real life, when there is a conspiracy theory and a more mundane explanation, the latter has all the chances to be the true one. ;)

Why would you not do another Wargame? A brand that built the company? Strange...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”