Patch 117426 - Teleportation fix

flightwusel
Corporal

Re: Patch 117426 - Teleportation fix

Postby flightwusel » Sun 7 Jun 2020 10:39

I want to play Wargame now.

Can you make another path then which lets us filter servers by its version?

Btw. I tried with Steam Proton but Wargame is not starting.
DLC #2: UI usability improvements in the game menus.

Scheintot887
Sergeant

Postby Scheintot887 » Mon 8 Jun 2020 12:10

So the Fin Migs stay as they are (ROF) and are not considered as gamebreaker? :D ;)

abradyson
Private

Postby abradyson » Mon 8 Jun 2020 20:07

Hi! So this new patch, specifically the fact that it only applies to Windows, means I'm now cut off from my friends that I play with who have Windows computers. This was, quite honestly, a large part of why I played Wargame; it was a fun way to connect with my friends who live far away.

I've seen sentiments along those lines echoed by both windows and Mac/Linux players; people who say they feel like they've been cut off from friends or opponents on the other side of the divide. The patch is important, I'm sure, but I do question the decision to abandon Mac and Linux players. I know you've stopped supporting those platforms on other titles, but this is just a patch, not a full DLC. Moreso, it's a patch for a game that is supported for Mac and Linux! It's a patch for a game that is still advertised on Steam as for Mac and Linux.

Please consider updating the game for Mac and Linux so they can play alongside Windows again; there is definitely effort and cost involved in that process, but after all, you did release this game for all three platforms. To abandon two of them, now, when development is basically done, feels wrong.

Thanks for reading and considering.

flightwusel
Corporal

Postby flightwusel » Mon 8 Jun 2020 20:36

Scheintot887 wrote:So the Fin Migs stay as they are (ROF) and are not considered as gamebreaker? :D ;)

Of course not! Also unit splitting when a guided bomb or ATGM is in flight is not considered a problem of course!
This is a proper fix for all the things. How dare you?

flightwusel
Corporal

Postby flightwusel » Sun 14 Jun 2020 12:41

I got it halfway running with Proton but it crashes sometimes spontaneously which is really bad for multiplayer.

Reverting the patch or getting it out for Mac/Linux would be appreciated.

Some info for getting it to run with Proton here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wargame/commen ... _on_linux/

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 15 Jun 2020 06:20

Distro and Specs?
I have been watching proton Database for games like Steel Division. Doesn't look too hopeful.
https://www.protondb.com/app/919640
Stability is pretty important.

Cinor
Private

Postby Cinor » Wed 17 Jun 2020 14:05

NickArt wrote:cut

minfaer wrote:cut

Imperialism wrote:cut

thehotjustice wrote:cut

chykka wrote:cut

Gen. Lolopo wrote:cut

Maerk123 wrote:cut

flightwusel wrote:cut

abradyson wrote:cut

Apparently they decided to update Reddit but not their own forum. gg Eugen.
As from Reddit post (r/wargame/comments/h0bl0h/patch_117427_teleportation_fix_bis/), up-to-date version is now 117427, because:
EUG_MadMat wrote:As reported, the teleportation fix wasn't entirely fixed. As a matter of fact, it was the combination of two different bugs, one that we knew from SD and have fixed las tweek, and another which proved harder to nail.

Therefore, this new patch should completely fix the teleportation exploit.

But as with the previous one, this patch is for PC users only.

We can't support Mac & Linux anymore: we have long ceased to operate compatibility processes with those OS on our more recent games, and the effort required to bring them back would be too high.

Therefore, Mac & Linux versions will remain at the current 64564 version.

--------------------------------

We are also reviving two official Eugen servers, one on each 10v10 map (Gjoll & Asgard) and locked on version 64564 for use by Mac & Linux users.

That aside, apparently somebody also told them how to put a band-aid to this shitshow. All details at (once again) Reddit.
r/wargame/comments/h0yv8i/crossplatform_steam_branch/

tl;dr: if you are on linux/mac now your friends on windows can opt into a "cross_platform_64564" beta on steam so you can play together. You are still cut off from the main "live up-to-date" game but at least you can have fun with your friends.

Ivan le Fou
Private First-Class

Postby Ivan le Fou » Sat 11 Jul 2020 12:10

Despite Eugen offering the possibility for PC users to play on the previous version of the game, none of the public servers have actually done a rollback.
Just like there are no servers dedicated to MAC/Linux and/or allowing MAC/Linux users to join.

Thus making MAC/Linux players completely cut off and unable to play multiplayer apart from the two basic 10v10 high-income Gjoll-Asgard.

So yeah, it's definitely dead for MAC/Linux.

But at least there is still the solo campaign! Where you can play against a rushing IA with improved stats and no strategic interest...

bumju1234
Private First-Class

Postby bumju1234 » Fri 31 Jul 2020 07:11

wow finlally a patch

LightningTortoise
Private

Postby LightningTortoise » Mon 10 Aug 2020 08:03

Why 31m still get much lower veterancy level than naval tomcat ? Not to mention tomcat get sraam and cannon. Pls either increase 31m veterancy level(to veteran maybe) or a small buff to r-37 accuracy(maybe 45%) ? Interceptors mostly used for long range detection but 31m is way too weak compare to both tomcat :(

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”