I.
Spy.
Buccaneer.

minfaer
Corporal

Re: South Africa Nation Pack

Postby minfaer » Tue 23 Mar 2021 20:27

IF this is for real, I am super stoked.
But seeing this is only announced on steam, not even the forum or Eugen website, it looks like MadMat just posted this 8 days too early for April Fools. I hope so much I'm wrong on this :D
In Soviet Russia, everything has a Vympel!

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Tue 23 Mar 2021 20:41

minfaer wrote:IF this is for real, I am super stoked.
But seeing this is only announced on steam, not even the forum or Eugen website, it looks like MadMat just posted this 8 days too early for April Fools. I hope so much I'm wrong on this :D

there's too much effort put into it for it to be fake
Strela-10M3 or riot

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Tue 23 Mar 2021 20:53

I mean let's face it, Wargame is a great game series and it was about time to give it another shot. There's not much they can do wrong with it if they stick to the basics. I hope South Africa won't be another fancy prototype meta Deck and somewhat evened out. What I really wonder though... not that we get a new nation, what's up next?
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Tue 23 Mar 2021 21:00

thenosh wrote:I hope South Africa won't be another fancy prototype meta Deck and somewhat evened out.

Without prototypes, paper planes, and OOTF (well, assuming '95 *latest* ) South Africa would get BTFO by almost every Red coalition in game.
Last edited by trotskygrad on Tue 23 Mar 2021 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
Strela-10M3 or riot

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Tue 23 Mar 2021 21:00

HrcAk47 wrote:Ahhh new DLCs. I awake from slumber.

Seems we've all been waiting in the rafters for something to happen, 'tis good to see the crew back.
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Tue 23 Mar 2021 21:01

trotskygrad wrote:
thenosh wrote:I hope South Africa won't be another fancy prototype meta Deck and somewhat evened out.

Without prototypes, paper planes, and OOTF (well, assuming '95 *latest* ) South Africa would get BTFO by almost every Red coalition in game.

Ye of little faith, this is Wargame we're talking about. I'm sure they'll find another Chimera or two.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Tue 23 Mar 2021 21:01

wargamer1985 wrote:
trotskygrad wrote:

Ye of little faith, this is Wargame we're talking about. I'm sure they'll find another Chimera or two.

that's my point. They need Chimeras to be viable. Chimera-tier stuff is already confirmed in the announcement post anyways. Carver, NTW-20, etc.
Strela-10M3 or riot

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Tue 23 Mar 2021 21:07

trotskygrad wrote:
wargamer1985 wrote:
trotskygrad wrote:

that's my point. They need Chimeras to be viable. Chimera-tier stuff is already confirmed in the announcement post anyways. Carver, NTW-20, etc.

This is certain, though neither so far are quite to the degree of Meta-potency as we saw from the IDF DLC, so here's to hoping they don't jump down that rabbit hole again...though knowing Eugen that is still a nigh certainty.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Tue 23 Mar 2021 21:27

wargamer1985 wrote:This is certain, though neither so far are quite to the degree of Meta-potency as we saw from the IDF DLC, so here's to hoping they don't jump down that rabbit hole again...though knowing Eugen that is still a nigh certainty.

Israel/SA coalition. Calling it. Israel fills the gaps in SA, namely lack of higher tier tank.
Strela-10M3 or riot

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”