South Africa Nation Pack

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Re: South Africa Nation Pack

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 26 Mar 2021 12:22

Polyphene wrote:What would the UK in game do with a Buccaneer it can't with Harriers ?

4 Martel anti radar missiles
8 1000lb bombs
4 sea Eagles
3 aj168 martels
3 cpu123

Then you start looking at the unbuilt p.145 and p.150 super buccaneers that could Carry twice the payload twice as far!

You only start getting similar payloads when you look at the unbuilt big wing harriers Image

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sat 27 Mar 2021 15:27

wargamer1985 wrote:
Mako wrote:Didn't MM already confirm a bunch of protos in the blogpost?

That he did.

Honestly, regardless of whether there are balance patches or not, or whether the DLC is balanced or not, it is nice to see a small revival of the forums and having a lot of familiar faces return. Might be the golden opportunity to get back into WG:RD for myself.

The timing has been incredibly convenient. There's been a small revival in this Squad community I work with. Started a few months back, daily 4v4s and what not and now with Red Dragon being as big as it is currently, it's the most fun I've had in years with Wargame. On and off over the last few years I'd pop in to slog through a 10v10 or something and I always left more unhappy than before, it's really refreshing to be having fun.
Come play Sqaud 1-life events! | SquadOps.gg | We play Red Dragon too!

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Mon 29 Mar 2021 11:31

I updated my South Africa proposal in light of this historic occasion.

Sir Typhoon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sir Typhoon » Mon 29 Mar 2021 12:52

I'm blind, nvm.
Last edited by Sir Typhoon on Wed 31 Mar 2021 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

andrewza
Staff Sergeant

Postby andrewza » Mon 29 Mar 2021 13:58

Eukie wrote:I updated my South Africa proposal in light of this historic occasion.

Unita is confirmed in. This opens up the posbilty of a Unita stinger milstia squad.

TriDemon
Corporal

Postby TriDemon » Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:19

I do wonder if we'll see any other obscure vehicles with South Africa since there are quite a few I found, since South Africa did have their own variants around the T-72 though these were mostly for export (such as the T-72 "Tiger", T-72 with the G6 Howitzer Turret and the more obscure T-72 ZA-35 (South Africa itself never operated the T-72 afaik)).

Though more importantly, can't wait to see how the Rooikats will work in game.
Shame there isn't a Wargame that goes from 1914 to 2020.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Mon 29 Mar 2021 22:00

andrewza wrote:Unita is confirmed in. This opens up the posbilty of a Unita stinger milstia squad.

I haven't included any UNITA units in my proposal but they bring a few things: Stinger, maybe a TOW on a GAZ, BRDM-2, BM-21, T-54/55s, T-34/85, PT-76s, and there's the possibility of getting Regulares in the various armoured transports UNITA managed to capture, which included BTR-60PB and maybe even some MT-LBs and BMP-1s.

andrewza
Staff Sergeant

Postby andrewza » Wed 31 Mar 2021 10:52

TriDemon wrote:I do wonder if we'll see any other obscure vehicles with South Africa since there are quite a few I found, since South Africa did have their own variants around the T-72 though these were mostly for export (such as the T-72 "Tiger", T-72 with the G6 Howitzer Turret and the more obscure T-72 ZA-35 (South Africa itself never operated the T-72 afaik)).

SA T72s are post soviet union purches tanks so does not make sense. All so the crazy BMP and t72 version are all so far to new.

There are a few other strange things i would want to see instead like the MC90 a AML90 type vic with 2 front Armour, zt3s mount on Sabel, extra extra

andrewza
Staff Sergeant

Postby andrewza » Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:00

Eukie wrote:
andrewza wrote:Unita is confirmed in. This opens up the posbilty of a Unita stinger milstia squad.

I haven't included any UNITA units in my proposal but they bring a few things: Stinger, maybe a TOW on a GAZ, BRDM-2, BM-21, T-54/55s, T-34/85, PT-76s, and there's the possibility of getting Regulares in the various armoured transports UNITA managed to capture, which included BTR-60PB and maybe even some MT-LBs and BMP-1s.

UNITA does open the option to bunch of older red fore units. But i only think it will be max 2 infantry squads with BTR 60, BMP1, ural truck as transport

Stinger squad and Unita infantry with AKM, RPG7, RPD would be my guess. İ really think they only adding Unita for the stinger and any thing else would be chery on the cake. Though adding more Unita stuff would be easy since they adding nothing new just a bunch of Cat C vics and guns and stinger. İ doubt sa will get Unita TOW but it would be nice since going from Entac to swift is a big jump. So yeah full Unita line up two facstion for the price of one.

TriDemon
Corporal

Postby TriDemon » Wed 31 Mar 2021 21:34

andrewza wrote:
TriDemon wrote:I do wonder if we'll see any other obscure vehicles with South Africa since there are quite a few I found, since South Africa did have their own variants around the T-72 though these were mostly for export (such as the T-72 "Tiger", T-72 with the G6 Howitzer Turret and the more obscure T-72 ZA-35 (South Africa itself never operated the T-72 afaik)).

SA T72s are post soviet union purches tanks so does not make sense. All so the crazy BMP and t72 version are all so far to new.

There are a few other strange things i would want to see instead like the MC90 a AML90 type vic with 2 front Armour, zt3s mount on Sabel, extra extra

I'd agree with the inclusion of the SA T-72's as being unlikely as well on the fact that they already got the TTD (Technology Test Bed) with either the 105mm or 120mm (former was fitted to the Prototype while the latter had 3 models produced for the gun and were test fired).

Saying that though there should (with any luck (though this is speculation)) be some decent vehicles and prototypes being added such as the Class 3P Bismarck (with any luck)
Spoiler : :

Though hopefully they don't mislabel it as the TH800 which never existed beyond the drawing board.
Shame there isn't a Wargame that goes from 1914 to 2020.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”