Modding Wargame: AirLand Battle

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

AJE
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Modding Wargame: AirLand Battle

Postby AJE » Sat 1 Mar 2014 11:36

Does anybody know if more than 3 weapons can be added to a unit, and if so, how to control the order in which they appear in the unit stat weapon slots? Also, are any extra weapons set by default to on or off, and can they be switched on and off ingame?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 1 Mar 2014 16:40

AJE wrote:Does anybody know if more than 3 weapons can be added to a unit, and if so, how to control the order in which they appear in the unit stat weapon slots? Also, are any extra weapons set by default to on or off, and can they be switched on and off ingame?

1. Can you have more than 3 weapons?
I believe not.
2. How do you make the order?
I think right before you go into TAmmunition, there is labels called tag 1, tag 2, tag 3, and tag 4. IDK if I'm right though. (I'm not looking at my Edata right now, I'll try to be more specific later.
3. Are there any weapons set be default to off?
Well, you won't get the red box saying OFF, but if you somehow make the weapon like artillery, (which IDK how) then maybe that will do the job for you.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Sat 1 Mar 2014 20:07

1. Can you have more than 3 weapons?

Yes.
But just 3 ammo pools. Add a 4th one, and get a crash.

In W:RD there is still a limit to 3 ammo pools in GUI, but you can set-up hidden ones, so you can make as much weapons as you want. I've strapped a smoke grenade launcher on a T-72BU with TGM, tank gun and MG.

2. How do you make the order?

Not sure, but maybe connected to SalvoIndexTag or something like that.

AFAIK, no weapons are OFF by default and it's impossible to make them start that way.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 2 Mar 2014 07:20

Hey, I just found another thing. If you go TUnitSpawnInfo, then you can have the unit spawn with ratios of ammunition, and you can probably spawn it with none. Just a thought

AJE

Postby AJE » Mon 3 Mar 2014 10:20

Well, then it seems that it really isn't possible to add quasi-selectable loadouts to the units by adding all possible weapons to a unit and turning all but 3 of them off. It might cause a desync anyway. My thanks to everyone for the input on this.

wolfss
Private First-Class

Postby wolfss » Mon 28 Apr 2014 12:03

Since everyone started talking about MODing W:RD, i have a question:
Can we use a W:RD map in W:AB?
We are here to stay!

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Wed 30 Apr 2014 06:00

wolfss wrote:Since everyone started talking about MODing W:RD, i have a question:

No. They are hard coded as far as we know. I'm pretty sure it would be against the terms of service anyway since you would be taking content from a different game and wouldn't have to pay for it.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 3 May 2014 16:46

COMThing wrote:
wolfss wrote:Since everyone started talking about MODing W:RD, i have a question:

No. They are hard coded as far as we know. I'm pretty sure it would be against the terms of service anyway since you would be taking content from a different game and wouldn't have to pay for it.

Are you sure?
I think that maybe if you extract and replace EVERY SINGLE FILE RELATED TO THE MAP than maybe. However, you have to get scenery things too, and naval reinforcement points might crash the game. It is probably a better bet to put a W:AB or W:EE map into W:RD but still it is very complicated. Also, I don't think you can do multiplayer with your new map, so it's not worth it.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 3 May 2014 21:23

The W:AB Noob wrote:Are you sure?

Given that the devs, when talking about EE maps during ALB's life cycle, said that the maps had to be completely rebuilt and that they couldn't simply be "imported" would lend credence to the idea that ALB maps are similarly not compatible with RD, probably due to how water functions differently in RD.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Ivan
Corporal

Postby Ivan » Sat 11 Oct 2014 12:53

DelroyMonjo wrote:Really! Who needs modders? After all, ALB sold half a million copies!

why would you want to not have another version of war game to try?
some people confuse me, by how limiting they are by nature

Return to “Modding”