HobMod: the comprehensive balance mod for Wargame

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

Guggy
General

Re: HobMod: the comprehensive balance mod for Wargame

Postby Guggy » Sat 7 Sep 2013 02:02

The files edited by Hob arent done without recompiling first. They then are hex edited, and recompiled. Enohka's tool should be the key to making it more accessible to those interested, as the way its done currently isnt user-friendly at all.

Also, all changes so far are campaign friendly :)

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Sat 7 Sep 2013 02:05

Darkmil wrote:I'd really love to know if you're gonna give us how to find a unit and moreover how to edit a unit (for the time being, as I understand you just can edit price, and availability)

There's a technical modding thread. Go check out the examples from that one. I'm willing to help provided I have time and you don't need too much handholding.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Sat 7 Sep 2013 02:57

Guggy wrote:Also, all changes so far are campaign friendly :)

I wondered about that. I feared the AI would spam cheap tanks and expend them really fast.
And the elite formation consisting of little infantry but loads of T-80BV/Us would end up being some of the worst BGs due to the inability to actually have proper forces in the field.

The Swedish BGs are bound to be awesome though, with their plentiful supply of mediums.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 7 Sep 2013 03:53

Yeah, Swedish BG's do very well due to Viggen A2G support especially. You can attrit armor columns quite well as long as you dont go on the offensive with your air and manage to minimize the enemy air threat in turn, which can be easier said than done :P

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Sat 7 Sep 2013 09:20

Why do I get the feeling Britain is going to be brutally good at tank warfare now?

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Sat 7 Sep 2013 09:53

Is it possible to create infantry recoilless rifle teams like this?

Rearming East German and Czechoslovakian dedicated tank hunter teams with SPG-9s would be cool, provided that their accuracy would be increased a little bit compared to jeep-borne variants.

VFRHawk
Private First-Class

Postby VFRHawk » Sat 7 Sep 2013 12:58

Can someone just confirm that I'm doing this right, as I can't seem to get version 1467 to show up - nearest I can get is 1466. What files should be in the download? I only get NDF_win.dat, but the instruction suggest copying the exe from a directory which doesn't exist to the main folder? I've tried creating the folder and putting the previous patches content into it, but that doesn't seem to work?

Breaking it down, the instructions say:

Copy the file to C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Airland Battle\Data\WARGAME\PC\2100001467 and check it is named NDF_Win.dat

which is no problem, I create that folder and put NDF_win.dat that I've downloaded in it, then they say:

Copy C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Airland Battle\Data\PC\2100001467\Wargame2.exe to C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Airland Battle

which is where I have a problem, as I don't have a 2100001467 folder there?

Arch
Lieutenant

Postby Arch » Sat 7 Sep 2013 13:18

Tiera wrote:Is it possible to create infantry recoilless rifle teams like this?

Rearming East German and Czechoslovakian dedicated tank hunter teams with SPG-9s would be cool, provided that their accuracy would be increased a little bit compared to jeep-borne variants.

Finnish troops. Yes.

Anyway, how will you guys push to make this mod popular in multiplayer?
If any of Hob's ideas get done well, it'd essentially save Wargame from balance issues. Especially as we can test and test and change and change on a 0 budget.

Oh and I'm having some problems.
There is no exe. in either the 1467 folder nor the 1472 folder or anything inbetween.

EDIT: Wargame/PC and PC are different folders. Derp.

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Sat 7 Sep 2013 14:16

VFRHawk wrote:Can someone just confirm that I'm doing this right, as I can't seem to get version 1467 to show up - nearest I can get is 1466.

Did you take part in Conquest V2 beta? Opt out of it and Steam should download the missing folders and files.

Arch
Lieutenant

Postby Arch » Sat 7 Sep 2013 14:45

I've got to say that with your mod and skirmishing against the AI on Very hard with a tank deck, the game was a lot more mobile than vanilla where you can't exactly even get any large amounts of hardware in a reasonable time.
I lost hard because I didn't have enough CV's, but at least now I know that in 1v1, 4 CV's are impossible. I now run 8 armored and 1 tank CV. Your new tank changes make using decks like that a lot easier with the line tanks. I usually vet, but 32 is tempting.

Will stats of units be changed too?

Return to “Modding”