The Wargame Modding FAQ

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

D-M

The Wargame Modding FAQ

Postby D-M » Mon 30 Sep 2013 17:36

So I followed someone's advise and created a googel document (again) to regroup all kind of questions and answers related to modding.
For now, it's pretty empty and i just did some basic template to present the questions/answers and a few categories. I need the help of people who know (a bit) their way with the data and "noobs" to ask questions. Hell you can even make up questions you find relevant and answer them by yourself, the point is to have a place with both.
I 'm totally willing to share editing rights over this document, it is community stuff !

Here is the document : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Wg ... sp=sharing

What I would like to do in this thread is to regroup, answer and (silghtly since I didn't plan for an exact expertise level, so it's set to noobzor by default) filter questions. Categorize and review them to finally write them down on the document.

FleF[FFR]
Second-Lieutenant

Re: The Wargame Modding FAQ

Postby FleF[FFR] » Tue 1 Oct 2013 12:49

Noobs' questions? That's for me!!!!!

A few points I still need to investigate until I fully understand them. I 've mostly find the answers but I still have some shadows on some points

1.Speeds:
What the rule to compute speed? To get a on road speed of 65 km/h for a tank how much should I proceed?
(I don't have exactly the good multiplier to be honnest)

2. Accuracies
How do I change the Accuracy of a gun? Is there a limit to this?

3. Ranges
Can I have a gun firing AP shells until 2275m and HE shells at 2450m? Am I obliged to create a new weapon for that?

4. AoE
If I change the physical damage (HE) of a weapon (let's say the rocket of a BM30) , does the AoE of the weapon change?

5. Health points
Where do we modify the health points? do they have min/max values?

6. Tweaking building.
Can we add weapons on a FOB while giving it the "commander" function?

7. Game modes
Where are stored the variables for them? Are they all hardcoded in the maps? or some of them are accessible and modificable?
Rejoignez les FFR!
Une communauté de jeux videos sympa et conviviale

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Tue 1 Oct 2013 13:18

7. Game modes
Where are stored the variables for them? Are they all hardcoded in the maps? or some of them are accessible and modificable?

Some are accessible. Take a look in gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin.

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 1 Oct 2013 20:44

FleF[FFR] wrote:Noobs' questions? That's for me!!!!!

A few points I still need to investigate until I fully understand them. I 've mostly find the answers but I still have some shadows on some points

1.Speeds:
What the rule to compute speed? To get a on road speed of 65 km/h for a tank how much should I proceed?
(I don't have exactly the good multiplier to be honnest)

2. Accuracies
How do I change the Accuracy of a gun? Is there a limit to this?

In a TAmmunition instance, change the reference of the HitRollRule parameter.

3. Ranges
Can I have a gun firing AP shells until 2275m and HE shells at 2450m? Am I obliged to create a new weapon for that?

Apparently you can't do that. The TMountedWeaponDescriptor seems to need to have the same range.

4. AoE
If I change the physical damage (HE) of a weapon (let's say the rocket of a BM30) , does the AoE of the weapon change?
The look of the explosion may change but the AOE is still defined by RadiusSplashPhysicalDammage of the TAmmunition instance.

5. Health points
Where do we modify the health points? do they have min/max values?

It's the MaxDammage property in the Dammage module. There don't seems to any limit beside > 0 and <= squad size for infantry.

6. Tweaking building.
Can we add weapons on a FOB while giving it the "commander" function?
Didn't look at the buildings instance but It is possible as long as you can add a WeaponHandler module to it.

7. Game modes

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Tue 1 Oct 2013 21:36

I've got a couple of questions as well:

Is there any way to change the nation a unit belongs to?
I've tried setting mothercountry to null and then adding a property value but this won't allow me to change the actual binary.

Is it possible to change or remove player limits on maps?

jubedy
Command Sergeant Major

Postby jubedy » Thu 3 Oct 2013 04:59

where are the campaign battlegroups stored? i dont know if it was already answered in the document, sorry, cant open it on my phone
Spoiler : :

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Thu 3 Oct 2013 20:44

Does anyone know where the Deck activation points are hidden?
EDIT: Seems to be in TDecksRulesModifier.
The instances seems to corespond to national and Era deck modifiers. And Campaign decks? < some decks seems to be Map-locked or something like that.

Also Does anyone know where to look to modífy Starting Resources? :P

I knew I shouldn't have started fiddling with this.. Now I've got 48 AJS Viggens in my deck! The T80U cries rivers! :lol:

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Thu 3 Oct 2013 21:07

zervostyrd wrote:Does anyone know where the Deck activation points are hidden? Also Does anyone know where to look to modífy Starting Resources? :P :

TDeckRulesModifier for activation points and other deck rules. Starting resources and victory point are in gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin under TWargameTunableConstant ID 109.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Thu 24 Oct 2013 05:12

My turn to harrass Eugen.
1) We know that your 3D model uses a Eugen's format, How do you edit them, with a software that you made ?
2) We also now that we can create models in 3DS Max and export them to your format, can we import models of your format in 3DS Max (or any other software made to modify 3D meshes) ?
3) I know how to make a Vehicule be transported by an other vehicle, can we make categories for troop transport ? (there's a list that look likes it control this, but I can't see how to ues it)
4) Can we make unit only available in a specialized deck (eg. to use a Leopard 2A4 we need an armored deck.) ?
5) can we create a new category (By category I mean Logistics/Infantry/Tanks/Helos etc) ?

Darkmil
(More questions to come)

AtheistDane
Sergeant

Postby AtheistDane » Thu 24 Oct 2013 15:29

How to you increase the amount of supplies of a FOB?