(Release) Map Unlocker

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

naizarak
Captain

(Release) Map Unlocker

Postby naizarak » Tue 19 Nov 2013 20:15

This simple mod will remove player limits from all maps, allowing them to be used with any combination of players in multiplayer, or skirmish mode.

Download + Info ↓
Spoiler : :
Download (v1621)

Installation instructions included in download.

Regarding income on unlocked maps, there's good and bad news.

Bad news: sector income values do NOT scale with player count in destruction. In fact, sector values will usually decrease with an unsupported number of players. This will significantly retard the pace of gameplay, making the game feel closer to European Escalation(which may not necessarily be a bad thing...)

Good news: income DOES scale in conquest. Each player will receive their standard income allowance every 4 seconds as usual.

Mod Creation Tutorial ↓
Spoiler : :
1. Download the latest version of the modding suite.
2. Open the most recent NDF_Win.dat file. They are stored in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Airland Battle\Data\wargame\PC\xxxx(<- game version)
3. Open the "globals.ndfbin" class.
4. Open "TMultiMapInfo"
5. Each entry corresponds to a different map. Some are multiplayer(instances 67-144) maps, while the rest are single player maps. Usually the map instances with a lot of "null" values are single player.
6. Each instance will have "NbMaxPlayers" and "NbMinPlayers" fields. These control player limits. Set NbMaxPlayers to "8", and NbMinPlayers to "0" for every instance, and all maps will be unlocked.

Bonus: It should also be possible to modify the starting point values, score limits, and time limits. I haven't had time to dig into it, but most values are stored in the "gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin" class.
Last edited by naizarak on Thu 10 Jul 2014 08:41, edited 16 times in total.

HiGh-O-
Sergeant First-Class

Re: (Release) Map Unlocker

Postby HiGh-O- » Tue 19 Nov 2013 20:25

This is really nice work. +1

The_MonkeyKing
Sergeant Major

Postby The_MonkeyKing » Tue 19 Nov 2013 20:52

Awesome! Now I just need some Eugen/Focus person to give the green light so I know I will not get banned for using this. :P

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 19 Nov 2013 21:46

You wont be banned, but those without the mod cant join I dont think? It may not work that way with the unlocker though...

FLX
Major-General

Postby FLX » Tue 19 Nov 2013 21:49

Well you're talking in the modding section, punishing people using things posted there would be the most diabolical trap ever :twisted:
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Tue 19 Nov 2013 22:01

Guggy wrote:You wont be banned, but those without the mod cant join I dont think? It may not work that way with the unlocker though...

players without the mod can join unlocked lobbies without any problems. only the host needs the mod to enable these maps

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 19 Nov 2013 22:10

That shouldnt be an issue nonetheless. And congrats on finding how to do this, a TON of people had been wishing for this kind of mod for awhile! :)

inb4 10v10 Highway to Oslo balance complaints :P

FLX
Major-General

Postby FLX » Tue 19 Nov 2013 22:14

naizarak wrote:
Guggy wrote:You wont be banned, but those without the mod cant join I dont think? It may not work that way with the unlocker though...

players without the mod can join unlocked lobbies without any problems. only the host needs the mod to enable these maps

Mmh, in that case it's more of a problem if players can join modded games without knowing it.

I recommend anyone hosting games with modded maps to keep it private and invite only people aware that this is a custom map.
For public games we'll have to take a decision about that because we are responsible of the quality of the content people have access to when playing our game without mod.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Tue 19 Nov 2013 22:21

FLX wrote:
naizarak wrote:

Mmh, in that case it's more of a problem if players can join modded games without knowing it.

I recommend anyone hosting games with modded maps to keep it private and invite only people aware that this is a custom map.
For public games we'll have to take a decision about that because we are responsible of the quality of the content people have access to when playing our game without mod.

oh boy :?

come one...just unlock all the maps already :P

Major Duck
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Major Duck » Tue 19 Nov 2013 22:31

naizarak wrote:This simple mod will remove player limits from all maps, allowing them to be used with any combination of players.

Download:
http://www.filedropper.com/mapunlocker

Instructions:
1. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame AirLand Battle\Data\wargame\PC\2100001544

2. Backup the NDF_Win.dat file

3. Replace it with the modified version in this archive.

4. Done! Now all maps are unlocked for all player counts.

Note: Only the host needs this mod, vanilla players will have no issues. Additionally, income points don't seem to scale with player numbers, but this may be fixed in a future mod.

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Image Happy New Year