(Release) Map Unlocker

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

Jack Sutton
Sergeant First-Class

Re: (Release) Map Unlocker

Postby Jack Sutton » Thu 5 Dec 2013 20:16

I just watched Russo play 4v4 on highway to oslo and on ragnarok and it definitely was not a spam fest and did look like a lot of fun and would be cool if everyone could do this without mods and stuff. And if you watch his vid then you see he makes some very good points and doesn't go on to much of a rant and backs up all his reasons why he thinks it should be implemented in the game. And also it will bring a whole new experience to the maps and how they are played so its like having a whole new set of maps. :D

danuuker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby danuuker » Fri 6 Dec 2013 04:37

Waiting for this to be unlock for DLC2 to have a crazy "clown game" spin on some of the smaller maps!

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby silverhaze » Fri 6 Dec 2013 17:40

Great mod, i was awaiting this for a long long time.

But, to make it more handy to use, i've wrote for myself a small Batch file (its a .txt file converted into win/dos executable) to ENABLE/DISABLE the mod in just one click).
I'll share it with you.

How does it works: The batch file simply detect which version is running, and then rename both files accordingly, to swap them.
In the process, the original file will be automaticaly stored and renamed to 'NDF_Win_bak.dat' and the modded file has to be first renamed to 'NDF_Win_mod.dat' to avoid all risk of file confusion. This way the batch file will always know which version is ready to run.

Note: If the Mod maker can includes the Batch file into the RAR archive of the mod, it will be even simplier for everyone, as it would then requiere no manipulation at all for the users.

In the meantime, creating the file is a fast and easy manipulation that doesn't require any coding knowledge:

Spoiler : HOW TO create a TOGGLE shortcut :
NOTES: The Batch file has to be created in the mod's file folder, which is: " ...\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Wargame Airland Battle\Data\WARGAME\PC\2100001574 "

1 - Very important step: As we will need to have the original and the modded file in the same folder for this to work, please rename the modded file as following: 'NDF_Win_mod.dat' OR rename the original file as following: 'NDF_Win_bak.dat'. Its your choice here. If you get lost, remember that the orginal file is the largest of the 2. the modded file is only 3mb while the original is like 13mb

2 - Create a simple TEXT document, ensure the file extension is visible (you have to be able to read the .txt at the end of the file, otherwise, windows is hidding you extension names. instruction on how to change it in Win7 in the next spoiler)

3 - Click on the text file, then press F2, and rename its extention as .bat (the file name itself has no importance, for example you can name it 'mod_toggle.bat'. Then press enter, the file icon should change.

4 - Right-clic on the batch file and select 'Edit', and paste ALL this code inside the file :

Code: Select all

@echo off

if exist "NDF_Win_mod.dat" (
       ren NDF_Win.dat NDF_Win_bak.dat
   ren NDF_Win_mod.dat NDF_Win.dat

echo. -----------------
   echo.  MAP UNLOCKER ON
   echo. -----------------
   echo.
   echo. **********************************************************************
   echo.  You MUST host a 'PRIVATE' lobby to be allowed to use this mod online
   echo.
   echo.   WARNING: DO NOT HOST 'PUBLIC' modded lobby or you will risk a BAN.
   echo. **********************************************************************
   echo.
   pause
   exit
)
if exist "NDF_Win_bak.dat" (
       ren NDF_Win.dat NDF_Win_mod.dat
   ren NDF_Win_bak.dat NDF_Win.dat

echo. ------------------
   echo.  MAP UNLOCKER OFF
   echo. ------------------
   echo.
   echo. ********************************************************************
   echo.  Map Unlocker Mod is disabled, you can now host public games safely
   echo. ********************************************************************
   echo.
   pause
   exit
)

5 - Save, then exit notepad.

6 - (optionnal) You should make a shortcut of this batch file on your desktop for easier access. Right-click-n-drag to desktop, then 'Create a shortcut'. Rename the shortcut as you want and you can also change its icon in file's properties.

Spoiler : HOW TO configure Windows 7 to show file extentions :
    1 - Click on the Start button > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options (Two thoughts: [1] Boy, Vista is a lot more complicated than earlier versions of Windows! [2] You can always use the Search box on the Start menu & just search for "Folder Options" there, which may be the easiest option.)
    2 - In the Folder Options windows, click on the View tab.
    3 - Uncheck the box next to 'Hide file extensions for known file types.'

Preview:
OR

As you can notice, i've include a reminder, to warn you about EUGEN's rules about modding.

mr crappy
Corporal

Postby mr crappy » Fri 6 Dec 2013 23:29

hey guys

where can i download the new files for map unlocker? I've been using the last unlocker until this new patch killed it

cheers

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Fri 6 Dec 2013 23:44

mr crappy wrote:hey guys

where can i download the new files for map unlocker? I've been using the last unlocker until this new patch killed it

cheers

the OP has been updated with the most recent file

mr crappy
Corporal

Postby mr crappy » Sat 7 Dec 2013 00:35

Hey naizarak

i've put both new and old .dat file into here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Airland Battle\Data\PC\2100001544

but as i'm a total noob at this kind of thing the maps not unlocking... the .dat files are about 11.9 and 3.6 kb

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Sat 7 Dec 2013 01:02

mr crappy wrote:Hey naizarak

i've put both new and old .dat file into here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Airland Battle\Data\PC\2100001544

but as i'm a total noob at this kind of thing the maps not unlocking... the .dat files are about 11.9 and 3.6 kb

no worries.

the current game version is 1574, so you'll want the Data\PC\2100001574 folder.
Just take the file included in the download archive and put it in there, overwriting the original(be sure to make a backup first).
You should only have the 1 modded NDF_Win.dat file in your current game folder.

mr crappy
Corporal

Postby mr crappy » Sat 7 Dec 2013 01:54

i've done that but still no joy.. could you please post where i could download newest .dat file? i might be trying to put wrong one in

also many thanks for all your help

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Sat 7 Dec 2013 02:07

yeah the newest file is in the first post, hidden in a spoiler box

here's the direct link:
http://www.filedropper.com/mapunlocker1574

mr crappy
Corporal

Postby mr crappy » Sat 7 Dec 2013 02:20

ok, i have downloaded that file and put it in the 1574 folder but no joy..