homer's two MODS: Wargame '75 and MOARUNITZ

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

homerfcb
Lieutenant

homer's two MODS: Wargame '75 and MOARUNITZ

Postby homerfcb » Sun 22 Dec 2013 13:39

So after making some mods for my own interests(with huge stat changes) I decided to make some mods for everybody. The current stat changing mods are very good(I believe Imminent battle is my favourite one, but all mods available know are very very good and fair). However, because we have enough mods like this now and I don't want to decrease their playerbase, I decided to create something totally new. Honestly, I'm quite surprised that nobody had the idea before. I'm talking about a Wargame '75 mod. This means: Removing of all post 75 units(just leave few protos for minors) and changing unit prices and availabilities so that everything feels like CATA wargame now, but with different units and maybe more effective infantry(as 75 infantry is nealy the same as 85 infantry).

MOARUNITZ
But at first I present you a mod which is already finished and add 2 new units to the game. It's working stable. But of course I want to add some more units. I would be happy about suggestions of course(It's just possible for me to copy units) This mod does not contain any stat changes...
The new units are:
I-HAWK for West Germany

MiG-23MLS for Poland

WARGAME '75
This mod is not beyond the project phase. However it should not be very complicated to make this mod,but of course it will be some work and therefor taking some time.
Here is a list of intended changes
- all CAT(A,B,C) bonuses are removed
- Type bonusses are changed
- Unit availabilities are drastically decreased
- Unit prices are increased
- all post 75 units are removed
- Some post 75 units are added as prototypes(this should not be too excessive and be especially an option for
minors)
There will be no
- stat changes
- loadout changes(maybe there will be, but somebody has to explain to me, how to do them :D Of course I also need some ideas for good changes)
- unbalance ;-)

If you have any ideas, feel free to tell me. I'll try to implement it.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer.

Howver I also need some location for a upload, if anybody will be interested to download it. So please tell me where I can upload my stuff...

Special thanks to the creators of the modding tools and the tutorials.
Last edited by homerfcb on Mon 23 Dec 2013 12:33, edited 5 times in total.
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: homer's two MODS: Wargame '75 and MOARUNITZ

Postby Vestly » Sun 22 Dec 2013 20:09

Sounds good.

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Mon 23 Dec 2013 11:04

Vestly wrote:Sounds good.

I hope so. We will se :D Hey Vestly, maybe you have any idea about a third unit I could add? Three units are my absolout maximum now. But if you could name some good CSSR unit I would add it...Maybe some unarmed transport SKOT. What do you think ?

EDIT:
Other ideas I have for new units:
-British SEAD Jaguar
-Polish Strela-10M
-CSSR/GDR Kub-M2 (I would need the knowledge of how to change ingame strings to do so)
-GDR non transport Mi-24
-West German Napalm Tornado(however I still don't know how to change loadouts)
-Some Scandinavian Leopard 2 protos? I'm not sure if this is a good idea, as I just want to add capapabilities the countries had IRL. What do you think about it?
- British fake marksman(Gepard named marksman, honestly I dont like my idea very much)

Informations that could help ME:
-How to change ingame strings(unit names)
-What's about all the unit ID stuff? If i could get behind this, I would be able to add more than three units...
-How to change loadouts? I know that this is commonly known, but I just don't get a stable version with changed loadouts...
- more ideas for new units.
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vestly » Mon 23 Dec 2013 15:52

just read this http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=34714

there is everything you need to know

and about new units , unarmed skot is good idea ... i would add csla mi-8 as a cssr supply chopper

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Wed 1 Jan 2014 20:03

will you be adding older units in the wargame '75 mod?
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Sat 11 Jan 2014 12:05

captain biggles wrote:will you be adding older units in the wargame '75 mod?

For a perfect '75 mod it would be a must have. But honestly, it's far too difficult. We would need new models and so on.
Maybe in a WRD 75 mod. There will be a far bigger pool of older units, that just have to be copied for the other nations. But for now, no new '75 units.

Btw, the MOARUNITZ mod is working, if anybody wants to download it, just tell me a location, where to upload it...

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Sat 11 Jan 2014 21:40

what i mean is give the M48A1 patton to USA make more old vehicle versions from in game ones

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Tue 14 Jan 2014 21:47

Any status update?

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Fri 17 Jan 2014 16:56

Shifu wrote:Any status update?

As I said before, the MOARUNITZ mod is ready to upload, I just need a location for it. If somebody is interessted PM me or write it here, I could even send it per E-Mail...

The '75 mod is a load of work(but less work then most of the other mods here, I have to admit), so it takes some time, as I am not able now to work very much on it, but it's slowly going forward...

captain biggles wrote:what i mean is give the M48A1 patton to USA make more old vehicle versions from in game ones

Could be possible, but not within the first release version.. However it would be great, if you could post more suggestions for "new" vehicles...

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Tue 21 Jan 2014 18:47

more old vehicles
US M48A1
you could make from that M48A2-3
M48A5 non-USMC
M41 Walker made american
M42 SPAAG made American
USAF Air superiority F4
UK
all centurion variants sent back to UK
MK3-13 maybe
can be made from other units in game
RAF F4 Phantom
FAA F4
thats all the ones i can think of off the top of my head