Vasto's Reskin Project

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Vasto's Reskin Project

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Tue 22 Apr 2014 21:57

Hey Vasto what would you say is the most optimal save settings for importing/replacing textures for RD? Assuming all other settings are default in photoshop is their anything I should change or enable to maximize compatibility? I have been having trouble with color inaccuracies on a particular skin. Any help would be appreciated. These are what I use now
Spoiler : :

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Vasto » Wed 23 Apr 2014 23:15

Fistoblitzkrieg wrote:Hey Vasto what would you say is the most optimal save settings for importing/replacing textures for RD? Assuming all other settings are default in photoshop is their anything I should change or enable to maximize compatibility? I have been having trouble with color inaccuracies on a particular skin. Any help would be appreciated. These are what I use now
Spoiler : :

Unfortunately I won't be able to help. To be honest I'm pretty amatourish in the graphical stuff. I've really never bothered about the color profiles or things like this, so cant give any advices here. Though, it is not entirly possible to have exact colors in the game, as the rendered color depends also on many other factors like lighting etc.

But if you have some serious color inaccuracies (like much brighter appearence in the game), then make sure that you use the newest moddingSuite, as the old versions have some issue with the colors of replaced textures.

Though, I don't use Photoshop, the settings look ok to me.

Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Thu 24 Apr 2014 01:13

Vasto wrote:Unfortunately I won't be able to help. To be honest I'm pretty amatourish in the graphical stuff. I've really never bothered about the color profiles or things like this, so cant give any advices here. Though, it is not entirly possible to have exact colors in the game, as the rendered color depends also on many other factors like lighting etc.

But if you have some serious color inaccuracies (like much brighter appearence in the game), then make sure that you use the newest moddingSuite, as the old versions have some issue with the colors of replaced textures.

Though, I don't use Photoshop, the settings look ok to me.

I have the newest version is just seems this specific color has problems for me. I seemed to make it better by editing the color channel and putting -100 red (my navy blues were looking purple...) Thanks for the input anyhow, I just felt like I was going insane.

Return to “Modding”