[Renamed] The W:RD Movie / Sandbox Mod!!!

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: The W:AB Movie Mod!!!

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 4 Mar 2014 07:01

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Perhaps the PACT don't like being Canadian.

Couldn't you integrate the camera mod inside the file? As in have the file as a master copy of the game w/ the mods implanted inside it.

The videos sound cool, though I'd have to see them to be sure.

They've all gone off to hype on the beta, or are likely lurking.

Yeah, I heard that it's hard for the Russians to pronounce "Eh?"
Anyway...

So yes, I do have to manually input every change that the camera mod has and put it in my mod , because for some reason, Eugen put all the game data in 1 huge file, not separate files organized in folders like most video games. Naizarak didn't tell me some stuff, so I proposed that he mod it himself and send me back the mod afterwards. But great news! I finished the video after only 5 hours in 1 day and now I have no time for homework. It's still a rough draft (it's called final but there were so many drafts leading up to this) and there are flaws (I didn't mention your name, you can see the bottom where it says Machinima and the tools of Microsoft Powerpoint) but for now, it's good enough, especially when I can't even put it in the game yet.

Here it is!
https://docs.google.com/a/student.dist1 ... Rqbm8/edit
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 4 Mar 2014 07:09

Wow, that sounds time consuming.

As for your video, this was something I made a long time ago and recorded on my iPad because I was lazy.

Sorry it isn't the actual file, I couldn't be bothered turning on my computer.

Anyway, I could always take a day out of Spring Break to do one for you, mind you it'll have to be over that time period which means a bit of a wait for you.

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Tue 4 Mar 2014 09:43

I swear I saw some time ago a list of all of the NATO and PACT units

There is indeed one somewhere. Try searching the classes by 'deck' word, I think I saw it somewhere in one of those classes.

Most of the questions you asked are unknow to other modders, probably. There isn't anyone who knows everything about database except Eugen staff.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 4 Mar 2014 15:00

It is a bit time consuming, but most people will press the Esc key anyway and skip it. That is the Eugen logo video. I am going to replace the focus logo video with an SMPTE Universal Leader. It is very kind of you to say you can make one, but I think I'll stick with this for now. Do you have a powerful computer? Because the Menu video needs one and if you have one, it could help.
EDIT: Did you mean to make the video is time-consuming or to watch the video is time-consuming? I thought you meant watch.

Hey, somebody responded! Well it's cool that I know I saw the list, not just imagined it. I did search for deck and looked many times. Well I guess I'll be searching for it when I get back home from school.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 4 Mar 2014 19:32

As a matter of fact I do have a powerful computer, but why would you need one?

I can make an animation for you since the program you're using doesn't seem that powerful (I use After Effects) in a design you'd like. Even a countdown intro, but if you don't want it then that's alright with me.

I was referring to your first paragraph about modding when I said time consuming.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 5 Mar 2014 00:18

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:As a matter of fact I do have a powerful computer, but why would you need one?

I can make an animation for you since the program you're using doesn't seem that powerful (I use After Effects) in a design you'd like. Even a countdown intro, but if you don't want it then that's alright with me.

I was referring to your first paragraph about modding when I said time consuming.

Wow, everyday, I'm becoming more and more impressed on how dedicated you are to this project.
Do you remember the signatures I made a long time ago and you posted how bad it was? Yep, I'm still using the same old Microsoft PowerPoint. For the video in the menu screen, (vanilla shows the M1 Abrams driving and the Apache flying with some other vids of the scenery running a the same time) I envisioned 9 congruent boxes (3x3) with the middle saying THE W:AB MOVIE MOD V1.0 in some cool font. The other 8 are running W:AB movies that are made by players. The one right now has vids from the Cinematic Competition some time ago. After very little research, I found that PowerPoint is the only free program that could run multiple videos at the same time, so I tried doing that. Unfortunately, my weak laptop handles it weirdly and 2 random videos are fine, 3 are lagging, and 3 are totally black or have video issues (the vids that do this switch every time). If you could think of a cool video that would run for a long time on the menu, that's neat, but not mandatory. The greatest contribution you could make movie-wise is the loading movie, which currently starts at a random point in the video and loops continuously (automatically, it's only like a 2 min video). I was thinking of using something like Prezi, where it zooms to different screens and each of them has a cool picture of the movie mod and a tip about how to use it. I bet you could do that stuff easily seeing the awesome logo vid you made for yourself. If you want to you could also re-do the intro vid, but only remake it to make the quality better, not the content or music. Do you have to do all of this stuff? No. Do you have to do any of this stuff? No. Already I am touched by your generosity of even responding to this thread. (I would have been very upset if it was completely empty of replies.) If you end up even making a loading video (and we successfully get it in the mod) I will be even more thankful and you are sure to earn a place in the credits (maybe even highlighted and caps-ed for effect)
The video replacing the Focus logo will surly be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELCO3ELXnJ8
This is the SMPTE Universal Leader I was talking about.

Meanwhile, Naizarak told me how to do some more stuff on the camera mod, but not if he wants to do it himself. (I'm assuming not, but let's wait and see.)

I just came back from school, and now I have another thing to do until 10, so I have not worked on searching for the list of PACT units yet. That will have to wait some days unfortunately.

Also, I found a web tool that could maybe come in handy: http://tinyurl.com/

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 5 Mar 2014 00:47

Well, that's a tall order of things that I did not fully understand.

So you want a loading screen with smooth transitions? Alright, so seeing as how I likely won't be able to do it until the week after next (hopefully that isn't too long, if it is I'll try to squeeze some weekend time in, but that means no sigs for some :(, school like s to take my time away) I'm assuming you'll be able to get some gameplay aspects working. I feel they should obviously be unique and cool looking which means many many T-80Us in one shot or 4 F-15Cs in one shot or something. Plus many explosions and all that.

So, if you manage to get the mod to function on those basic levels would I still be able to download and see a replay of it? Since I'm assuming you have ALB on that laptop as well, which means you probably don't have all the settings turned to max, so if I could take the shots for you (I'll even use the camera mod) then we could have max resolution images.

Also, perhaps we ought to leave the actual forum topic for updates and new people? My inbox is always open. :D

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 5 Mar 2014 07:31

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Well, that's a tall order of things that I did not fully understand.

So you want a loading screen with smooth transitions? Alright, so seeing as how I likely won't be able to do it until the week after next (hopefully that isn't too long, if it is I'll try to squeeze some weekend time in, but that means no sigs for some :(, school like s to take my time away) I'm assuming you'll be able to get some gameplay aspects working. I feel they should obviously be unique and cool looking which means many many T-80Us in one shot or 4 F-15Cs in one shot or something. Plus many explosions and all that.

So, if you manage to get the mod to function on those basic levels would I still be able to download and see a replay of it? Since I'm assuming you have ALB on that laptop as well, which means you probably don't have all the settings turned to max, so if I could take the shots for you (I'll even use the camera mod) then we could have max resolution images.

Also, perhaps we ought to leave the actual forum topic for updates and new people? My inbox is always open. :D

Why I want discussion on this forum topic:
1. So the mod is always on the first page of W:AB modding.
2. People are much more updated on this mod.
3. When people who come here fore the first time see that it is actively talked on, it is less awkward to make a reply.
(Maybe you're right though...)

2 weeks is not too long, since we still need to wait for the Edata to even put custom videos in W:AB. If you would rather do sigs first, go ahead. This mod shouldn't be controlling what you want to do. (School likes to take away time? Tell me about it... I just came back at 11:00 PM)

This is the Prezi web tool I was talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0k3giXi8eM
I thought it might be an inspiration to the loading video. BTW, this mod is the first ever to replace the videos, so you got your unique-ness there already. You seem like an artist at heart so I'll let you take care of which pics you want once the mod is ready and I'll send the mod to you. What is the max-resolution thing you sent me? I got it as a .dat

OK, I found the list of NATO and PACT units. Problem - It's a very long list that I believe cannot be copy/pasted. I'll try to find a loophole instead of manually adding units one by one. (ugh, I hate to even think about it.)

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 5 Mar 2014 07:52

Alright, I just won't accept any new ones in this time period.

Oh, well Steam apparently isn't being nice, here it is.

I'm not sure how to integrate all the pictures onto one plain, maybe add them in TV screens?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 5 Mar 2014 08:23

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Alright, I just won't accept any new ones in this time period.

Oh, well Steam apparently isn't being nice, here it is.

I'm not sure how to integrate all the pictures onto one plain, maybe add them in TV screens?

You won't be accepting any what? Messages? Sigs?

Your picture is just asking for SU-24M's

What is a plain? A video?

(BTW, you respond really fast)

Return to “Modding”