[Renamed] The W:RD Movie / Sandbox Mod!!!

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: The W:AB Movie Mod!!!

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 7 Mar 2014 06:40

Hey, 3 good news-es!
1. We can put our .wmv's in W:AB not using Edata but the W:AB mod installer. The first mod to have custom videos, here we come.
2. It turns out I save a back up of the movie mod, so instead of switching back 400 units, I only have to do about 100.
3. Tomorrow is friday, so I can finally mod. (My grades have been going a bit down and I am temporarily grounded from modding on week days.)

You've seen this right? The test mode people are asking for in W:RD?
HOW RIDICULOUS, I'M MAKING IT RIGHT HERE! SHOW ME SOME INTEREST ALREADY AND DON'T COMPLAIN BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY COMING!
Gosh I am so frustrated with them.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Fri 7 Mar 2014 07:23

The W:AB Noob wrote:Hey, 3 good news-es!
1. We can put our .wmv's in W:AB not using Edata but the W:AB mod installer. The first mod to have custom videos, here we come.
2. It turns out I save a back up of the movie mod, so instead of switching back 400 units, I only have to do about 100.
3. Tomorrow is friday, so I can finally mod. (My grades have been going a bit down and I am temporarily grounded from modding on week days.)

You've seen this right? The test mode people are asking for in W:RD?
HOW RIDICULOUS, I'M MAKING IT RIGHT HERE! SHOW ME SOME INTEREST ALREADY AND DON'T COMPLAIN BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY COMING!
Gosh I am so frustrated with them.
And I'll be sitting at my desk trying to be creative, .wmv file of my choice, do you have a target time frame?

I wouldn't say it's the same, I think this would be an amazing compliment to that mode since that isn't "sandbox", it's just testing as far as Trostky wants it. But take this and give me full map control? Yes.

I think it is pretty mean that no one is so much as replying in any positive or supporting way except Trotsky in passing.

Lieutenant General

Re: The W:AB ULTIMATE Sandbox/Testing/quasi-Movie Mod!!!

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 7 Mar 2014 07:37

ok, we are now on a search to find if it is even mod-able to have enemy units controllable. I asked the W:AB modding forums, don't expect much

No timeframe on the Eugen video, (well, less than 2 min, the original is 5 sec)
Menu, 2 min
loading, 1-3 min

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Fri 7 Mar 2014 07:39

I await with bated breath. Perhaps PM a dev about it? MadMat seems very open to (short) conversation. Might want to ask him (or since he doesn't actually do that part of the game, whoever does) about difficult coding walls.

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Fri 7 Mar 2014 07:46

It is of course possible with the mod tools. It's called Replace raw. Though, there might be a bug in the most recent release. If you try a older one just to do this it will work.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 7 Mar 2014 07:49

enohka wrote:

It is of course possible with the mod tools. It's called Replace raw. Though, there might be a bug in the most recent release. If you try a older one just to do this it will work.

ah, I only heard that there was a bug, where is a good old Edata?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 7 Mar 2014 07:52

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:I await with bated breath. Perhaps PM a dev about it? MadMat seems very open to (short) conversation. Might want to ask him (or since he doesn't actually do that part of the game, whoever does) about difficult coding walls.

people are responding. *whew*
MadMat will give me some weird riddle and then a picture referencing a joke only french people get to tell me that he has no clue what I am talking about. might aske EUGSupport or PM the W:AB modding dream team

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Fri 7 Mar 2014 08:19

The W:AB Noob wrote:people are responding. *whew*
MadMat will give me some weird riddle and then a picture referencing a joke only french people get to tell me that he has no clue what I am talking about. might aske EUGSupport or PM the W:AB modding dream team
I actually haven't been dumped with a French joke yet, which dev on the forums does coding anyway?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 7 Mar 2014 14:34

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:people are responding. *whew*
I actually haven't been dumped with a French joke yet, which dev on the forums does coding anyway?

gdk, but it looks like a dev has been asked and it is not modable
:cry:

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Fri 7 Mar 2014 19:29

The W:AB Noob wrote:gdk, but it looks like a dev has been asked and it is not modable
:cry:
What isn't moddable?

Return to “Modding”