[Renamed] The W:RD Movie / Sandbox Mod!!!

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

KattiValk
General

Re: The W:AB ULTIMATE Sandbox/Testing/quasi-Movie Mod!!!

Postby KattiValk » Mon 10 Mar 2014 18:35

I'm under the impression that NATO vs. NATO battles makes it possible to have battles where everything is set to NATO. This basically lets you use whatever units you want (all prototypes are available due to everything being Canadian) with near infinite availability and dirt cheap prices so you can create any scenarios you want with as many units as you want.

That's the real allure here since this hasn't really been attempted yet as far as I can tell. The camera mod (which comes with this) is all you need to get really nice pans and screenshots, but it only runs in the scale of the vanilla game (and its replays) which this mod throws out the window. It is a step up from the camera mod and does add to the game and filming possibilities.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 11 Mar 2014 00:48

The purpose of this mod is for non-modders to be able to create movies with any setting or type of battle that they want. With this mod, I am really looking forward to the W:RD Cinematic Trailer contests. Yes, with the camera mod, and if you know how to mod units and you need your video limited to 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 maps and your battles only need NATO vs PACT and it is ok for you to call a battle with not many points epic enough for your movie and you are ok with the limited availability for decks, and you can wait a few hours to set up your battle then yes, you do not really need our mod. But for those who think that they can not do at least one of the things on this list, than the Movie Mod is perfect.

How are we gonna have battles if only units from one team is controlled? Um, friends/other people? How were all the other movies of W:AB with action scenes taken? (This is even if you think 200 rolling Challenger 2's or 1200 ships sailing in formation is not cool enough)

You might not have all the movie scenes you want from replays when it is the wrong map, or maybe because there are not enough of a single unit. But this is also a sandbox mod, where because there is such availability in units, decks, maps, and game style, you can try pretty much everything you want.

Replacing the intro movie is not new???? Um, I believe you said yourself that there is a bug in replacing the .dat until you updated it today. Have you seen another mod with a new intro movie. (If you do, tell me cause I didn't know)

In any way, it is good that you are reading this thread and you are asking questions, and if you have an idea (that is potentially possible) tell us about it and maybe we will make this mod better (or more complicated).
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Tue 11 Mar 2014 00:56

Ok, cool, I see what you're doing then. Good luck with that!

The W:AB Noob wrote:Replacing the intro movie is not new???? Um, I believe you said yourself that there is a bug in replacing the .dat until you updated it today. Have you seen another mod with a new intro movie. (If you do, tell me cause I didn't know)

Yes, In v0.6.5 "UI feedback for time expensive operations" has been a bug considering that. Though, as I mentioned, in any other public version, even in the ones which haven't been hosted here: https://github.com/enohka/moddingSuite/releases the "replace raw" worked fine.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 11 Mar 2014 00:59

Cool, I know the next thing on my checklist!

I just updated the first post of this thread to give more detail and more ideas that I had.

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Tue 11 Mar 2014 04:11

I have been very interested by the "hidden units". Can you post pictures of some of them? I know the AH-1 Sidewinder is still in the W:RD files, as it snuck into the first version of the W:RD Database on the website.
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 11 Mar 2014 04:48

TankHunter wrote:I have been very interested by the "hidden units". Can you post pictures of some of them? I know the AH-1 Sidewinder is still in the W:RD files, as it snuck into the first version of the W:RD Database on the website.

YEAH!!!! SOMEONE ELSE IS READING THIS TOO!!!! You do not know how glad I am.

While doing another mod, I started unlocking them and posted some of them here:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=37266#p393300

There are others though like the BMP-2 No Missile, Chasseur Famas, and the HEMTT E3 that I have unlocked, but my game keeps crashing so much I have not been able to see them yet.

BTW, what do you mean W:RD website database?

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 11 Mar 2014 22:49

Oh, another responder! :lol:

I believe he is referring to a list of units on the website, it's not very organized but has all the units on it.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 11 Mar 2014 23:39

The W:RD Database on the new W:RD website says coming soon, and the W:AB database doesn't have no Cobra Sidewinder.
Funny though, it says #command and #recon1, 2, and 3 - looks like they copied these entries straight from the game files. (The #**** mean the symbol, like the command symbol next to command units)

Dave23456
Private

Postby Dave23456 » Wed 12 Mar 2014 00:02

I was just wondering, is the mod at a stage in development where a beta test version might be available? This seems like an amazing mod and if I actually knew how to mod I would love to help.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 12 Mar 2014 00:27

Dave23456 wrote:I was just wondering, is the mod at a stage in development where a beta test version might be available? This seems like an amazing mod and if I actually knew how to mod I would love to help.
If you like seeing your game crash then yes!

Return to “Modding”