Introducing the Inferno WAB mod. The focus will be on the 1980 to 1990 time period, and on solid wargaming simulation.
The time 1980 to 1990 is chosen because there were many large changes to equipment and capability. From 1960s vintage MBTs with conventional armour, to the modern generation with special laminated, Chobham and explosive reactive armour; from binoculars to thermal imaging; from slide rules to computers.
The wargaming simulation has many goals:
- Differentiating between conventional and special armour
- Incorporating updated knowledge about armour protection and penetration
- More accurate correlation between scales of distance and scales of time
- A KO is now based upon a %age chance to kill - no more HPs!
- More realistic application of helicopter and air support
- More realistic deck creation, based upon historic battle groups
- More accurate speeds, armour, fuel and ammunition loads
- Allowing different nations to provide support to allies, especially air support
- Better indirect fire - more accurate, more devastating, more realistic to call
A work in progress. More to come...