Framerate Issues

Marsellus Wallace
Private

Framerate Issues

Postby Marsellus Wallace » Wed 11 Jun 2014 01:14

After approximately 50 hours play time in Red Dragon I have suddenly begun to encounter serious framerate issues throughout the game, even during the game developer sequence upon startup. I should add that I experienced the exact same issue with AirLand Battle; played fine for several days and then suddenly severe framerate issues! Any suggestions as to how this could be resolved would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Re: Framerate Issues

Postby Countess Bathory » Wed 11 Jun 2014 01:19

Could you post your PC specs please?
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Marsellus Wallace
Private

Postby Marsellus Wallace » Wed 11 Jun 2014 01:34

GPU: GeForce GT 525M
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 4.00GB RAM

Hope that helps! :)

kirienzo
Command Sergeant Major

Postby kirienzo » Wed 11 Jun 2014 09:52

Hi,
More than that, we need your DxDiag and your option.ini
But if the game's running fine for 50 hours, and then : frame rate drop, it's a hardware problem, try a memcheck.
Check your ram with MemTest86+ (http://www.memtest.org/) for at least 12 hours. If no problem is detected, then, run OCCT (http://www.ocbase.com) for at least 1 hour. If MemTest86+ reports even a single error, your memory is corrupted and you should replace it.
Thanks

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Wed 11 Jun 2014 09:57

Or did you install a new software recently ?
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Wed 11 Jun 2014 20:28

Laptop makes me think temps could be an issue.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Argus
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Argus » Thu 12 Jun 2014 00:31

Im 90% sure your laptop is overheating. Its a common issue with laptops and I wouldnt recommend them for gaming. Especially wargame,it uses quite a lot of resources (which I like since its not bottlenecking a single component like other games do, I.E only Gpu or only CPU) . But your temperatures will suffer if you dont have good cooling etc.

For example I get the same temperatures in BF4 and Wargame,as opposed to something like Diablo 3 which is only CPU bound (as far as I can tell since my GPu usage is at 35% in D3 lol).

So check your temps,you can use a number of different software,try Hwinfo its by far the best,you could even use Rivatuner OSDP and display temperatures as you play in realtime.

FocusTechSupport
Website administrator

Postby FocusTechSupport » Thu 12 Jun 2014 12:21

There is another GPU in your laptop computer: the Intel HD 3000 graphics controller integrated in the Intel Core i5-2410M CPU.

Maybe the game is now running on the Intel HD instead the NVIDIA GeForce.

Laptop on battery => switch automatically on the Intel HD.
Laptop on AC power => *should* switch automatically on the NVIDIA GeForce.

Otherwise, please select the NVIDIA GeForce graphics controller to play Wargame Red Dragon:

1. Right click on the background of the Windows Desktop and click NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Click Manage 3D settings under 3D Settings in 'Select a Task...'.
3. Click the tab Program Settings under 'I would like to use the following 3D settings:'.
4. Click the button Add under '1. Select a program to customize:'.
5. Open the folder Wargame Red Dragon.
6. By default the path is Local Disk (C:), folder Program Files or Program Files (x86), Steam, SteamApps and Common.
7. Select the application WarGame3 (or WarGame3.exe) and click the button Open then click the button Apply.
8. Select 'High-performance NVIDIA processor' under '2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:' and click the button Apply.
9. Close the NVIDIA Control Panel and run the game.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM

Return to “Tech Support”