Game will not start.

GDOG4448
Private

Game will not start.

Postby GDOG4448 » Tue 17 Jun 2014 00:31

Every time I open up Steam, it gives me the activation code (which I copy to clipboard) but fails to actually open up the game. What's the problem?

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: Game will not start.

Postby Shifu » Tue 17 Jun 2014 01:10

So, you don't even see the intro video, right?

Can you navigate to [...]\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame Red Dragon and launch the game via the wargame3.exe - what error message do you get?

Ronin_Samurai
Private

Postby Ronin_Samurai » Tue 17 Jun 2014 01:31

I have the same issue. The error message I get after starting it from the wargame3.exe is:

"The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I just spent hours and hours downloading the game on steam, so I really don't want to delete the local content and download it again, only to have the same error..... Help?

Scar
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Scar » Tue 17 Jun 2014 10:35

@Ronan_samurai ; you can find info on problems linked to this file on several posts. Use the search function. Also, if you still have the issue, make your own thread on the forum instead of answering on another one. Thank you.

FocusTechSupport
Website administrator

Postby FocusTechSupport » Tue 17 Jun 2014 12:38

GDOG4448 wrote:Every time I open up Steam, it gives me the activation code (which I copy to clipboard) but fails to actually open up the game. What's the problem?

Please post your configuration:

1. Press the keys WINDOWS (bottom left) and R.
2. Type DXDIAG and click the button OK from the Run window.

System tab: Windows version, processor model (Processor) and the amount of RAM memory (Memory).
Display tab: name of the graphics controller (Name) and the driver date (Date).
Audio tab: name of the audio controller (Name) and the driver date (Date).
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM

Ronin_Samurai
Private

Postby Ronin_Samurai » Tue 17 Jun 2014 13:55

Scar wrote:@Ronan_samurai ; you can find info on problems linked to this file on several posts. Use the search function. Also, if you still have the issue, make your own thread on the forum instead of answering on another one. Thank you.

What is wrong with you?? I answered this thread because the OP did not mention what the error is / was. And 99.99% chance that it is that... Besides, the other threads I read about this did not offer a proper solution. So please, don't flame or troll me for no reason...

SOLUTION: Well it's actually the game which is missing this DLL file so somehow the installation file must have gotten corrupted. I reinstalled the VC++ package but that did not help... So I uninstalled the game and proceeded to download it again from Steam. After this fresh installation, the game launched and is now working fine. So your best bet is to try this first as it worked for me and it was not anything else.

Return to “Tech Support”