[BUG] Shift Selection

Davco
Sergeant

[BUG] Shift Selection

Postby Davco » Mon 28 Jul 2014 13:27

I know other people have posted about this, but apparently it has not been resolved so I am creating a new thread.

When I get into a game for some reason the game behaves as though I am constantly holding the shift key, i.e. when I select a unit it adds it to my previously selected units rather than selecting the unit outright. Furthermore, when giving orders to units, they act as If I am queuing up orders with shift rather than giving them a new order.

Finally when pressing "ENTER" to open chat, instead of opening allied chat the game opens "all chat" as though I were holding shift.

It happened to me in two games, one yesterday and one today. I tried launching a custom game with no opponents to see if I would get the bug and it was there from the beginning of the game.

I thought that maybe it has something to do with the "sticky selection" option, however turning it off or on did not make any difference.

Is there a way to fix this? Or does it need to be patched in?

Have any other people experienced the bug? I had some people message me in game that it happened to them as well so it would be nice if you could post here so we can get a thread going to bring it to Eugens attention.

In this state, for me at least the game is unplayable as I am not able to control the units, so I would appreciate it very much if I could get an answer to this as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:

I have ran a couple more custom games trying to recreate the bug, however now it is gone.

I have tried opening chat while in deployment phase, as well as posting custom flares and deleting them however that did not recreate the bug.

The most puzzling thing for me is that it happened in one game and then when I started a new custom game it was still there without the need for me to do anything except place a couple of units and launch the game. However, now it is gone and I can not seem to recreate it regardless of what I do.

If anyone has any suggestions of what might cause the bug to appear please post here.
SOOOO METAL!

kirienzo
Command Sergeant Major

Re: [BUG] Shift Selection

Postby kirienzo » Mon 28 Jul 2014 16:50

Hi,
So you're not experiencing it anymore ?
We've seen some people talking about this bug but they weren't able to reproduce it (me neither)
If you encounter it again, please let us know !
Thanks in advance.

HoveringKiller
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby HoveringKiller » Mon 28 Jul 2014 16:52

Davco wrote:I know other people have posted about this, but apparently it has not been resolved so I am creating a new thread.

When I get into a game for some reason the game behaves as though I am constantly holding the shift key, i.e. when I select a unit it adds it to my previously selected units rather than selecting the unit outright. Furthermore, when giving orders to units, they act as If I am queuing up orders with shift rather than giving them a new order.

Finally when pressing "ENTER" to open chat, instead of opening allied chat the game opens "all chat" as though I were holding shift.

It happened to me in two games, one yesterday and one today. I tried launching a custom game with no opponents to see if I would get the bug and it was there from the beginning of the game.

I thought that maybe it has something to do with the "sticky selection" option, however turning it off or on did not make any difference.

Is there a way to fix this? Or does it need to be patched in?

Have any other people experienced the bug? I had some people message me in game that it happened to them as well so it would be nice if you could post here so we can get a thread going to bring it to Eugens attention.

In this state, for me at least the game is unplayable as I am not able to control the units, so I would appreciate it very much if I could get an answer to this as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:

I have ran a couple more custom games trying to recreate the bug, however now it is gone.

I have tried opening chat while in deployment phase, as well as posting custom flares and deleting them however that did not recreate the bug.

The most puzzling thing for me is that it happened in one game and then when I started a new custom game it was still there without the need for me to do anything except place a couple of units and launch the game. However, now it is gone and I can not seem to recreate it regardless of what I do.

If anyone has any suggestions of what might cause the bug to appear please post here.

I've had it happen sometimes as well, but usually after I press the shift key for some reason. I think it's more of a keyboard issue with the key sticking a little bit since usually I just have to hit it again to "unstick" the key and problem solved.

NOID
Private

Postby NOID » Wed 24 Oct 2018 17:21

I get it from time to time, this last time (5mins ago) It happened when I typed in global chat. But it only does this some of the time.

I think I held down the shift key (to get caps) before I started typing (the reason many people say things by accident on global)
I also had a unit selected at the time.

It seems to be a random bug requiring a restart of the game to fix, ill keep an eye on it.

Is there any way I can send log reports?

Cheers,
NOID

NOID
Private

Postby NOID » Tue 12 Feb 2019 09:25

Update:

As annoying as this is to help fix the issue, It seems to be random. It still happens to me every so often and this time I didn't open the chat the whole game.
I've lost two ranked games due to it, unfortunately.

[DODGY FIX]
I have found one way of fixing the issue. Pressing the stop button will cancel the units qued orders as well as the unit so I was using that to have my units still somewhat usable.
As miraculous as it is, pressing the stop button a few times managed to fixed the issue and the game behaved normally again. Yay!
Not sure if this is repeatable but ill let you know.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Tue 12 Feb 2019 23:55

If you don't mind, please open a report at http://www.eugensystems.com/contact-our-support/ and link back to this topic.

Return to “Tech Support”