Changing game resolution causes black screen

Chesnok
Command Sergeant Major

Changing game resolution causes black screen

Postby Chesnok » Mon 26 Sep 2016 21:36

Installed RD on a new-ish system recently. Been trying to change the game resolution from my native (3200x1800) to 1600x900, with no success so far.

Changing the resolution gives me a black screen, yet I can hear the game menu sounds playing. Force quitting RD and restarting gives me the same black screen.

Manually going into the options file and rolling the game back to the native resolution of my system gets me back to where I started, but I am still unable to change the resolution in full-screen RD. Switching the game to windowed mode allows resolution changes, but I have no way to make the game scale the new, smaller resolution window to full-screen. I've even tried to change my system resolution to the desired resolution I'd like to use in RD, but the game reacts the same way when I make the change in the RD options menu.

Is there something I'm missing here? All my drivers (and system) are up to date, and I have verified the RD files thru steam. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to “Tech Support”