New 'Out of Memory' game crash error since the patch

towedarray
Chief Warrant Officer

New 'Out of Memory' game crash error since the patch

Postby towedarray » Sat 26 Aug 2017 21:41

Looks like the patch introduced some sort of memory leak.

Start posting here as you experience it, which you will if you play more than a couple matches in a row and seems prevalent in 10v10s in particular.

The entire set of players in the match will experience it at the same time and all get dumped to desktop with an Out of Memory error popup for Wargame.

Am hoping Eugen can investigate.

Here's the related thread on the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wargame/commen ... he_update/

Thanks.

chykka
Brigadier

Re: New 'Out of Memory' game crash error since the patch

Postby chykka » Sat 26 Aug 2017 22:47

I had one Crash too, Only one so far. I had the Crash dump. Can't seem to attach it to the forums without writing it out.
Not a memory Error though, I think it shouldn't be an issue though. Restarting steam seemed to remedy it and I was able to play two or three matches without a crash.

Mister-T
Private

Postby Mister-T » Sat 26 Aug 2017 23:56

Hello,

I'm not sure if that apply to me but I've got more crash than I used to have in the past

the crash dump can be downloaded here http://dl.free.fr/vliZ0SgJ3 (file is upload the 26/08/2017, It will stay online for 30 days)

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sun 27 Aug 2017 00:01

I did the same, Thanks :)
http://dl.free.fr/i04SlNMGr

I had a friend Message me yesterday as well
"Da,m, wargame crashed on me. That never Happened before. But yeah I like Blue Dragons the k1a1 for some reason. I just like that tank."

I actually don't mind this new patch, It seems stable enough. Although the first crash was kinda a surprise as it just stopped the game However I think it's because steam was running for a while and Restarting steam fixed all my problems so far at least. No complaints I have with recent patch. It seems to run A okay on my end, Was little unsure about the new Steam Friends but I don't mind having to start fresh on my friends list as it was full of inactive players.

pok
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby pok » Sun 27 Aug 2017 17:03

-*- This game is totally broken for me after back of the friendlist , Crash is really random even i'm try restart steam still same - - I guess i will break for a while since I send many error report but no reply at all , I surprise eugen can't fix random disconnect in SD too :/ now this game too, I hope they figure out both game soon

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 28 Aug 2017 17:07

I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

towedarray
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby towedarray » Tue 29 Aug 2017 07:16

Shifu wrote:Use this form please: http://www.eugensystems.com/contact-our-support/

Thanks, bug report submitted. Just crashed again tonight, this time with a "your computer is too slow to play this game" error, and again it was everyone in the match who experienced the crash at the same time. Very strange. Something is not stable in the multiplayer environment. Perhaps a memory leak in the clientside or serverside codebase.

DaniDE
Sergeant

Postby DaniDE » Wed 11 Oct 2017 21:18

Crashes like this happened a few times now for our small team of friends (as in: the game crashed for all the 10v10 players in the session), it exclusively happened late in the game when the other team was losing hard. I am somewhat sure someone found an exploit again to ragequit the game for everyone. You know, good loser and all.