Red Dragon screen freeze, no crash, doesn't recover

Hovis
Private

Red Dragon screen freeze, no crash, doesn't recover

Postby Hovis » Sun 18 Feb 2018 19:00

Hi there,
Recently I've had an issue where the image will freeze. The music continues, the sound effects still continue, I can interact with the menus and everything (I can hear them) but the image is frozen. I've recently fixed the issue in all other games (Nvidia global settings were crashing GPU driver) but it persists in Red Dragon.

Help me out here, sometimes it goes whole games without any issue but other times it happens within 2 minutes of a game, especially multiplayer, it does not like multiplayer at all.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: Red Dragon screen freeze, no crash, doesn't recover

Postby Shifu » Tue 20 Feb 2018 14:56

Please contact support at http://www.eugensystems.com/contact-our-support/

However, note that currently ~50% of the employees are striking and thus an answer may be delayed (relevant topic).

scabler
Private

Postby scabler » Sat 15 Sep 2018 23:25

I had the same problem. But as i set my grafic settings on direct x9. The problems dissapears. By the three other chusable stuffs the problem comes back.
could the supporter from eugen helped u?

danipman
Corporal

Postby danipman » Thu 27 Sep 2018 17:14

I'm seeing the same thing, even in tacticals.The game will be running fine for a good period of time, even until the game is almost over. THen it will just freeze. I can go into production menu and buy unit and place on the map, I can access the chat box, select units in screen (but they wont move). looking at the Taskmanager performance metrics the wifi will have already stopped (although I can access the internet fine, the CPU on logical CPU assigned goes to 100% and will just sit there.

I tried the DX9 bit, but it still happened although CPU plateau was lower.

Seems like just the last week or so...............

Win 10 Pro
i8700K
EVGA 1060 6GB, updated the driver to see if that helped, it didnt
16GB Ram
Windows defender/security exclusion for Steam Folder

danipman
Corporal

Postby danipman » Fri 28 Sep 2018 18:19

danipman wrote:I'm seeing the same thing, even in tacticals.The game will be running fine for a good period of time, even until the game is almost over. THen it will just freeze. I can go into production menu and buy unit and place on the map, I can access the chat box, select units in screen (but they wont move). looking at the Taskmanager performance metrics the wifi will have already stopped (although I can access the internet fine, the CPU on logical CPU assigned goes to 100% and will just sit there.

I tried the DX9 bit, but it still happened although CPU plateau was lower.

Seems like just the last week or so...............

Win 10 Pro
i8700K
EVGA 1060 6GB, updated the driver to see if that helped, it didnt
16GB Ram
Windows defender/security exclusion for Steam Folder

I re-ran the video autoset and just down graded the water, shadow, grass detail and got thru about 6 games last night. Once or 2x it did hang for 5 or 10 seconds, but then caught up. I dont think its my internet.