Admin disconnects me from the server at will

Jaguar
Private

Admin disconnects me from the server at will

Postby Jaguar » Fri 4 May 2018 21:45

Hello!
I have a question about the servers administrators Wargame Red Dragon. Why do some administrators allow themselves to disconnect users from the server when they want it? Sometimes it happens just for fun or in revenge because of personal dislike. The administrator can disconnect the connection to the server in the lobby or at the moment of the game. The names of the admins who are played by connecting to the server (servers - Tactic_Mud Fight):

[DG] General_Jan
N11llle
Georgij Zjukov S0viet Hero

I wanted to ask why this is happening and who should be responsible for this? If I can not play the Wargame Red Dragon, then why did I pay $ 20?

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: Admin disconnects me from the server at will

Postby Shifu » Sat 5 May 2018 12:15

Hello,
there are two types of servers: The official Eugen Systems server and community hosted server.

The official servers are supervised solely by Eugen Systems. You will not get banned or kicked from them, however, if you're reported for teamkilling, cheating or other inappropriate behavior (in this thread), Eugen System will (temporary) prevent you from partaking in multiplayer matches (i.e., ban you).

On the other hand, any member of the community can run a server on their own hardware (actually, up to five). The person running the server has administrative rights over their own server (such as kicking or banning players, changing the settings, etc. They even could enforce specific decks; Additionally, they can transfer these administrative powers to other users they trust). As server administrators, they are responsible for policing their server, i.e., punish teamkilling and other inappropriate behavior. Unfortunately, some server owners are small-minded or just outright jerks and kick players for quite random reasons. Whether they banned/kicked you for a valid reason or not, we as outsiders cannot judge. If you think you got a case of severe, repeated misbehavior, you can report it to Eugen Systems.
Anyway, if you want to be safe, you can always play on official servers, play on "known good" community servers or host your own dedicated server.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Jaguar
Private

Postby Jaguar » Sat 5 May 2018 16:49

I know that teamkilling is forbidden by rules. But General_Jan never banned me for the reason of the teamkiller. Once in a fight some schoolboy in the beginning of the fight said in a chat that I used to be a teamkiller and General_Jan immediately tore me off the connection with the server. After that, he comes into battle with me on other servers and in the chat constantly boasts that he once allegedly banned me for the reason of teamkilling. Firstly, this is slander, and secondly, if there was once a violation on my part, this does not apply to other battles in the game. He is not authorized to breed gossip about me in the general chat, if he does not like me personally, because he thinks I'm a bad player. Yesterday I played with him in battle, he with two other users could not keep the defense of one central sector in a tactical battle, when the main attack was on the right flank. How can this user judge me for a low-quality game, if he ever goes into battle just for the sake of trolling other users? Just like N11llle, there are two eternal noobs in the game. This one also broke the connection to the server yesterday during the game, because yesterday he was told by General_Jan that he had once banned me.

I assume that General_Jan administers all the servers Asia - US Tactical Mud Fight? Then which servers are official in tactical battles, only the EU servers?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 6 May 2018 11:30

You can recognize official 10v10 servers by them having "EUGEN" in their name. Every other server (i.e. every tactical server) is hosted by someone else, independently from Eugen.

Jaguar
Private

Postby Jaguar » Sun 6 May 2018 15:46

Why are there so many servers for Russian Roulette and Asgard that are idle for a long time and no official server for tactical combat? In addition to Asgard, there is no place to play anymore? Wargame is annoying every day more and more ...