[bug/semi-crash?] Screen freeze during play (graphics crash?)

Ddraig
Private First-Class

[bug/semi-crash?] Screen freeze during play (graphics crash?)

Postby Ddraig » Sun 16 Feb 2020 23:36

I tried running through the Contact Support section of EugenSystem's main site, but the 'submit' button doesn't seem do to anything

Symptoms:
Application starts normally
Match loads normally (for both online multiplayer and singleplayer) (meaning after pressing "Launch" in the lobby)
After a certain amount of real-world time in-match, the game as a whole freezes for approximately 2 seconds, then all game functions (Including audio and netcode) except graphics resume normally
Graphics (both UI and world) remain frozen, visually as if I'm looking at an in-game screen shot except the Wargame cursor remains free.
Pressing escape seems to bring up the esc menu (no visual change, only audible) and I am able to interact with whatever buttons I remember the positions of, confirmed via audible 'button press' sound.
(Nvidia shadowplay) Recordings stop at the time of the initial game freeze and are thus not useful for demonstrating the problem.
Alt-tabbing out of the game and back in operates as if the game were running normally, except the cursor becomes and remains the Windows cursor instead of the Wargame cursor (no change to bugged out game)
The amount of time before the game bugs out is dependent on general graphics settings. Very high graphics settings yield approximately 1-1.5 seconds after match load, while minimum graphics settings yield about 5-10 minutes after match load

Attempted solutions:
Clean reinstall (with and without Steam Cloud enabled), including wiping the Saved Games/EugenSystems/Wargame3 folder and the steamapps/common/Wargame folder
Updating graphics drivers (Problem initially began 1-2 years ago, but I gave up trying to fix it and stopped playing. I restarted trying to play recently and the problem remains); current graphics card drivers are up-to-date as of 15FEB2020
Changing Hardware Instancing setting
Changing from DirectX11 to DirectX9; (OpenGL doesn't always show up as an option and when it does, attempting it doesn't display the game right anyway, thus OpenGL has not been tested with this bug)
Changing between Fullscreen and Windowed Fullscreen
Auto-setting graphics
Changing resolution to 1200 from 1920 (16:9 ratio)
Disconnecting second monitor
Verify/repair of game files

I have manually triggered a dump file from the process while the game was bugged and would attach it, but it seems no files are 'valid' file types to attach here, including .txt SO I'll post the dump file link here once it's done updating
DxDiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wEFRmP ... sp=sharing
Options.ini: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19TpQWY ... sp=sharing
Wargame3.dmp: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YVrM-j ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Ddraig on Tue 25 Feb 2020 04:05, edited 2 times in total.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: [bug/semi-crash?][Windows] Screen freeze during play (graphics crash?)

Postby Shifu » Tue 18 Feb 2020 18:54

Hm, weird. If I may suggest, write an email to contact@eugensystems.com and point them to this forum thread - they will need the core dump though.

Ddraig
Private First-Class

Postby Ddraig » Wed 19 Feb 2020 03:24

Shifu wrote:Hm, weird. If I may suggest, write an email to contact@eugensystems.com and point them to this forum thread - they will need the core dump though.

Thanks, I'll do so;
It's probably worth noting that this thread describes what sounds like the same issue, though the various suggested corrective actions don't seem to work for me (and the original poster never replied to the topic)

Ddraig
Private First-Class

Postby Ddraig » Thu 5 Mar 2020 03:34

Shifu wrote:Hm, weird. If I may suggest, write an email to contact@eugensystems.com and point them to this forum thread - they will need the core dump though.

Welp, it's been two and a half weeks without a single reply from Eugen here, Steam forums, or direct email. Contact form still doesn't appear to work properly (altho after trying it on Edge instead of Firefox, I at least get a reaction from the page, if not one that is clear)
I'm beginning to wonder if Eugen went under and didn't tell anyone

Return to “Tech Support”