Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.31; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support. Turkey replaces Denmark.

revolverswitch
Corporal

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.31; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support. Turkey replaces Denmark.

Postby revolverswitch » Sat 11 Nov 2017 03:00

Spectre_nz wrote:Unfortunately, that weapon was a victim of its own success. 910m range allowed it to attack and often stun infantry before they could get within machine gun range (875m or less for most infantry)

Huh, I thought that was the whole point of fire support infantry, oh well.

Spectre_nz wrote:Militia re-roled into Coastal Jagers (KystJeger), armed with hellfire missiles
Kystjeger Kommandos added in the recon tab, armed with MP7's, Hellfires and MGL-40's

you saw this reddit post didn't you? XD
https://www.reddit.com/r/wargame/commen ... e_missile/

btw thank you so much for buffing the accuracy of Japan's medium tanks. I'm not sure if the same has to happen to other low tier mediums from other countries but for now, considering how small the Japanese armor tab is I think its a good call.
With all of those crazy Leclerc additions (I can't find info on them so I'm assuming you made them up) you've added, do you plan on giving that same kind of treatment to some redfor countries like Czechoslovakia and Poland?

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.31; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support. Turkey replaces Denmark.

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 11 Nov 2017 22:25

SF teams with Fist weapons presents a bit of an additional challenge.
In either case, they're supposed to be good in combination with other units to secure your hold on a town... they're not supposed to be able to single-handedly hold off concentrated infantry attacks all by themselves, which was happening in some cases.

As for the new Leclers - no, those are actual French army proposals or prototypes

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military ... rc-t40.htm
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2017/05/07/140mm-leclerc/
http://defence-blog.com/army/france-wil ... -2016.html

revolverswitch
Corporal

Postby revolverswitch » Mon 13 Nov 2017 13:54

who in particular use the Fist weapons?

Well I stand corrected, this really makes me wish some of the REDfor countries have more recent concepts and prototypes that can compete.

BTW I don't know if you mentioned this before, but may I ask why you have some top tier units be available for all countries (like Atlay) or be available for almost all deck types (like F-22 Raptor) but then have the middle tier units be limited deck?

I also forgot to thank you for buffing the LAWs in redfor infantry. There are still some other balancing problems I am seeing here, more specifically the pricing of some units (which can also affect the value of the stats) and I am personally not sure that giving redfor higher availability helps. What do you think?
Attachments
wargame3 2017-11-13 03-21-39-79.jpg
wargame3 2017-11-13 03-21-39-79.jpg (214.66 KiB) Viewed 612 times

rer1rer1
Private First-Class

Postby rer1rer1 » Wed 15 Nov 2017 18:25

I have updated translation to 2.31 version:
https://www.easypaste.org/file/ru7SoFgk ... at?lang=pl

I read that there is a unit with shotgun but I couldnt find it. Can You tell me what unit/nation have that unit?

And as for balance question/suggestions:

Polish Spadochroniarze and Spadochroniarze 15' are almost identical. Maybe consider adding a [Heavy] tag to one of units as You did with Niebieskie berety.

Polish Saperzy szturmowi are unique as only shock infantry with flamethrowers. Too further improve their uniqueness and playability consider adding [Heavy] tag, since their 350m is already a significant drawback vs 630m of napalm launchers (like Spetsnaz).

And thanks for constant updates.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 21 Nov 2017 03:27

Spectre_nz wrote:Pradobranci made [HEAVY] at the expense of speed (in these two cases, the infantry are using heavy metal plates, rather than the lighter weight ballistic polymers blufor can manufacture)

Wow, now you are being simply pants-on-head retarded my dude. What? Heavy metal plates?

Yugo started with ballistic vests in 1978, first by using imported British vests, and producing the first domestic type (Borovo Tip 3) in 1979. They were widely used. Early Borovo Tip 3 used Kevlar 29 Class 3 plates and the down stuffed antitrauma vest, while the later types used the Kevlar 129.
Another widely used vest was Point Blanc M16, that had Kevlar 129 Class 3+ plates, Spectra Shield 3+ plates or ceramic Class 4 plates.

As for the helmets, most common polymer helmet was the M-89, introduced in the same year for general purpose, replacing the steel M-59 and M-59/85.

The two Mi-24Vs that were used by FR Yugoslavia belonged to the Ministry of the Interior (not the army), but if you have to know, their air force designation would be HN-47V.

Su-30? Wut?
SEAD MiG-29B? What the hell?

In general, research on this mod is not even Wikipedia tier. It's considerably worse.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Tue 21 Nov 2017 19:12

HrcAk47 wrote:
In general, research on this mod is not even Wikipedia tier. It's considerably worse.

It is fictional time frame as stated on the top post. Maybe you should start from there?

"I've styled this mod as a future that could have been; it's not our 2015, its the 2015 that follows on from what was more or less WW3 from 1984-1990... "

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 21 Nov 2017 19:33

The MiG-29B would still not have SEAD capability.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Thu 30 Nov 2017 21:35

Xeno426 wrote:The MiG-29B would still not have SEAD capability.

I can rename and swap the model for the unit, but the Yugo deck really needed a SEAD plane. The L-18 was a convenient plane to re-purpose, since it wasn't critically important in its role as a low-to-mid tier fighter.

Would an L-19 variant be an alternative (assuming anyone knows what kind of avionics were supposed to go into it)
I'd just rather avoid using an Su-30.

The two Mi-24Vs that were used by FR Yugoslavia belonged to the Ministry of the Interior (not the army), but if you have to know, their air force designation would be HN-47V.

That's useful. I can work with that.

What? Heavy metal plates?

Yep. Like the titanium plates used in something like the soviet 6B5 vest or the Steel and composite trauma plates the US uses.
I'm not talking medieval plate mail here.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 2 Dec 2017 12:12

V 2.32 is up;

Aircraft reload times have been roughly halved. Ideally, this should result in fewer air sorties over-all and reduce air power dominance.

The auto aiming reflex fire quirk has been removed from 240mm assault guns.
Additionally, HE damage has been dialed down vs armor above AV 3

The high end of aircraft speed has been reduced.

Norwegian KJK have been turned from militia to trained.

The Mjolnir tank has been added to armored decks

Several french armored units have had their deck availability adjusted

The Leclerc heavy recon tank now has an ECM value, since someone pointed out Shark APS is a thing. I've given it to the 140mm Leclerc tank and a couple of french transports, since, it looks like It would be used to upgrade those as well.

The Degman tank availability was reduced

French Tiger HAD helo cost reduced

Czech Mi-40 transport helo availability reduced

The HAL Tejas has had its parts pulled off and moved to a new unit, which is now the 'new' HAL Tejas, while the unit it over wrote, the Mirage, is gone. This is because the previous HAL Tejas unit was constantly causing desyncs.

The Sprut SD hopefully has a fire animation now

nurhak40
Private

Postby nurhak40 » Tue 5 Dec 2017 11:32

Hello, i just tried your mod and i already love it. However there few things i saw when going through armory of the Turkish armed forces.
1. You should change of name of Atlay tank to Altay tank:D.
2. I cannot see animation of the cirit missiles firing.
3. The Bora/Khan ballistic missile should be added wih the atacms 3d model and it can fire 2 missiles. It should have a high HE impact. You could also consider the TR300 kasirga missiles. It has 4 missiles and a lower HE impact it should be like israeli counterpart MAR with the 4 missiles.
4. the elite recon SAT commandos are regular in their training. they should be elite

These are just few things i can remember for now.

I wish you good luck