Modding RD

jonas165
Brigadier

Modding RD

Postby jonas165 » Fri 28 Mar 2014 17:29

Just interessted, anything you guys allready modded for RD?

I have so many ideas and plans (I think I won´t realize half of them anyway), but first i finish my ALB project.
So, what are your ideas for mods for RD? I think the new AI offers plenty of new possibilties, because mods are now way more SP compatible. I personaly thought about a Vietnam-Mod, or another faction update like I am doing for CZ in ALB now, maybe for China.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

jubedy
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Modding RD

Postby jubedy » Fri 28 Mar 2014 18:06

I've messed around to see whats new and such,but to be honest its too early to start modding. theres a new update every other day, and the game is still a little buggy (i keep forgetting about flares being messed up and then randomly ordering units to their doom trying to get rid of it :lol: ). i'll probably make some mods for myself along the way, but i dont see any real multiplayer mods coming for another couple months once the game slows down it update process and evens out a little
Spoiler : :

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Fri 28 Mar 2014 23:15

I'm planning on making a Yom Kippur war mod, I've got a mostly complete unit list and I'll probably start actual work on it somewhere around release.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 29 Mar 2014 01:44

Wow. A Yom Kippur mod? If it was anybody else, I would say "Impossible"...
That's gonna be a lot of textures.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Sat 29 Mar 2014 03:30

The W:AB Noob wrote:Wow. A Yom Kippur mod? If it was anybody else, I would say "Impossible"...
That's gonna be a lot of textures.

The textures may or may not come later, it's just going to be model stand ins and stat changes for a while.

ThornEel
Master Sergeant

Postby ThornEel » Sun 30 Mar 2014 21:54

I am still hoping someone will make a War of the Worlds mod, this is the single most perfect engine for it. Unfortunately, I don't have nearly enough time to take on it.

Sigh - one can dream...
W:RD pilot, while trying to evac right on top of enemy AA (last words) wrote:As I walk through the valley of death I have no fear for I am 80,000 8,000 ft and climbing...
The big 'UI Issues' thread : Red Dragon edition

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Sat 5 Apr 2014 08:05

I've been fiddling around with basic plane mods, only thing I'm gonna keep so far though is my air superiority Super Hornet and anti ship F/A-18A, oh and of course the more varied plane speeds to try and differentiate planes a bit more.

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Mon 7 Apr 2014 20:49

Working on a Vassal Module (Vassal Engine) that will simulate entire out of the game campaigns, basically I can create any campaign I want and play against another player. Also working on a python module to simulate basic campaign AI for single-player.

On WRD Im working on a concept that makes the game more realistic:
1. Units size will have a large variety - Guns won't be the best way to kill infantry on distance, no more insta sniping a poor squad just because they lighted up... Also jeeps will be harder to hit and spot and therefore will become more viable weapon platforms.
2. Traverse Speed of turret and vehicle increased - No longer ambushing a tank with infantry and the tank manages to turn its frontal armor faster than the rpg shoots... but
3. RPG Range Severely Decreased, Damage Increased - No more 875m RPGs! Not even 525m RPG's! RPG damage will be increased and even lower quality RPG's can possibly kill an heavy tank with a side shot, but
4. Non-rigid Damage System - Damage system won't be written in stone, damage can vary depending on several factors (done by messing with critical damage system)
5. Machinegun Damage Decreased and Suppression Increased - No more super machineguns killing 1 soldier per second, just no.
6. No more ridiculous Stun mechanics - Stun is completely broken in this game, if a way to make it work is found, better, if not then I will most likely remove it.
7. Gun Accuracy variety severely decreased - New damage system will balance this out, but gun accuracy will vary with more or less 15-20%, no more useless cheap tanks who can't hit anything.
8. Unit Experience - Unit experience won't raise while in game, after a battle, depending on the amount of casualties and kills, the player gets a certain amount of experience points, each card in a deck has an experience increase cost, player distributes the points, only on the next game he will have units with higher experience. No more killing a heavy tank and becoming the biggest badass in the block by sheer awesomeness. Also experience will raise unit quality by lower increments, a trained unit should have a chance at defeating a veteran unit. No more bringing the elite Spetnaz or Fallschirmjager and be sure everything will die in their path.
9. RPO severely nerfed - Completely broken in the game atm. Its more like a doomday machinegun, kills entire squads, stuns all the others around them, its just ludicrous, just no, RPO will increase significantly the chances of winning but not more super killing super rocket.
10. ERA simulation - Armor values only take into consideration the composite armor. A tank with ERA will be simulated by increasing drastically the odds that any shot will do zero damage. The end result is that a ERA tank can be killed by much weaker tanks but will also have increased survivability against heavier tanks. (If well balanced it might work fine, if not, back to original Wargame system.)
11. Active Countermeasures simulation - If possible, using the CIWS system of ships and implement it on ground units who deserve them (this is for different scenario/campaign/timelines, since at the time of Red Dragon there were only a few tanks with this systems.)
12. SAMs - Radar AA ranges against planes increased by a factor of 3-4. Aiming time increased also.
13. SEAD - SEAD range increased by more or less the same factor of SAM's
14. Loitering Time - Planes can stay in combat for a much longer time.
15. Evac Time - Long and painful to watch, airplane no longer miraculously evade missiles by vanishing into thin bites. If you bring a plane you are committed to it.
16. Deadlier Aircraft - Helicopters and Airplanes are now much more expensive and deadlier, but also more vulnerable due to Anti-Air changes.
17. Fuel - No more fuel! No more Swedish units travelling a couple of kilometers and stop, no more amphibious units stopping in the middle of the river.
etc...
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

Corsair
Lieutenant

Postby Corsair » Mon 7 Apr 2014 21:05

@Mot

Autoloaders? :)

jimvajicka
Corporal

Postby jimvajicka » Mon 7 Apr 2014 21:26

i hope i will change values to make this game more realistic (Balance, for example m113 ADST real life range = 15 km)
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Tue 8 Apr 2014 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language