Modding RD

Reds&Royals
Sergeant

Re: Modding RD

Postby Reds&Royals » Fri 11 Apr 2014 20:04

Has anyone noticed they've changed how availability bonuses are implemented now? Instead of just a flat percentage bonus value that was applied across the board, you can now tie specific availability bonuses to different unit categories. For example, you can give the French national deck a +30% avail bonus to vehicles, but only +10% to the tanks section.

Elouda
Master Sergeant

Postby Elouda » Fri 11 Apr 2014 20:24

Reds&Royals wrote:Has anyone noticed they've changed how availability bonuses are implemented now? Instead of just a flat percentage bonus value that was applied across the board, you can now tie specific availability bonuses to different unit categories. For example, you can give the French national deck a +30% avail bonus to vehicles, but only +10% to the tanks section.

I had not noticed that, and if its true then that opens a veritable treasure chest of opportunities. Thanks for the hint.

KilroyWH78
Private

Postby KilroyWH78 » Sat 12 Apr 2014 02:28

has anyone thought about an ww1 mod? or ww2?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Apr 2014 06:21

KilroyWH78 wrote:has anyone thought about an ww1 mod? or ww2?

Ugh. Of course we all did. Who wouldn't?
Then why aren't there any?
Shall I say it again...
THERE IS NO MODEL MAKING
NO MAP MAKING
NO HUGE CHANGES LIKE PROPELLER PLANES
THAT WILL TAKE YEARS, AND W:RD DON'T GOT YEARS (W:EE AND W:AB had less than one)
NO MISSION EDITING
NO MENU/INTERFACE EDITING
NO NEW MODES OR ENGINE CAPABILITIES
NO NEW WEAPONS
NO NEW TEXTURE PARAMETERS

For people who have been wondering and did not happen to read tons of posts that emphasized this:
There will be no mod for a different era. (Like WWII) - viewtopic.php?f=161&t=35598
No Alien invasion mod - viewtopic.php?f=161&t=40500&p=484825
Just no - viewtopic.php?f=187&t=43146
No - viewtopic.php?f=161&t=38705
And no - viewtopic.php?f=161&t=36410

*Yep, I will need to set up that beginners guide up pretty fast...
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 12 Apr 2014 11:05

The W:AB Noob wrote:NO NEW WEAPONS

This is actually wrong, you just can´t add weapons that require a new model or turrent, but making new weapons is more or less easy.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Sat 12 Apr 2014 17:28

KilroyWH78 wrote:has anyone thought about an ww1 mod? or ww2?

10 seconds after playing Wargame European Escalation for the first time, modern warfare mod was my first thought
20 seconds later, world war 2 mod.
30 seconds later,a persistent massive multiplayer with a world mapgrid where players battle each other for world supremacy, each player could play solo or join factions, attacking and defending sectors would work under a timezone protection system, the bigger the faction the smaller the timezone protection because more people could make the battles.

I can dream can't I?
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Apr 2014 17:43

Mot wrote:Working on a Vassal Module (Vassal Engine) that will simulate entire out of the game campaigns, basically I can create any campaign I want and play against another player. Also working on a python module to simulate basic campaign AI for single-player.

Wiat, you are gonna add another engine to Wargame???
How?

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Sun 13 Apr 2014 02:28

The W:AB Noob wrote:
Mot wrote:Working on a Vassal Module (Vassal Engine) that will simulate entire out of the game campaigns, basically I can create any campaign I want and play against another player. Also working on a python module to simulate basic campaign AI for single-player.

How?

It doesn't work with Wargame, it works outside.

Think of it like a simple strategy game that you play and is completely unrelated to Wargame. In this strategy game you move troops, you may or may not gather resources, evolve your technology, build weapons and vehicles, even trade, depends on the desired complexity.

Army composition in this game follows some rules, this rules will basically make it simple to export decks into Wargame. When a battle happens, such battle will be simulated inside Wargame Red Dragon, which basically means building up the required decks for the AI and for me and then go into a match. After the battle I use the battle results and update the armies out of game.

It requires a little bit of work, but I think it will be fun, my own personal mega campaigns.

The reason why I'm building an AI module in python is because I want to minimize the amount of decisions I will make for the AI, other than that I'm happy with making the decisions myself, in fact its better because AI is usually dumb so it will improve the campaign difficulty.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 13 Apr 2014 02:54

Mot wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:

How?

It doesn't work with Wargame, it works outside.

Think of it like a simple strategy game that you play and is completely unrelated to Wargame. In this strategy game you move troops, you may or may not gather resources, evolve your technology, build weapons and vehicles, even trade, depends on the desired complexity.

Army composition in this game follows some rules, this rules will basically make it simple to export decks into Wargame. When a battle happens, such battle will be simulated inside Wargame Red Dragon, which basically means building up the required decks for the AI and for me and then go into a match. After the battle I use the battle results and update the armies out of game.

It requires a little bit of work, but I think it will be fun, my own personal mega campaigns.

The reason why I'm building an AI module in python is because I want to minimize the amount of decisions I will make for the AI, other than that I'm happy with making the decisions myself, in fact its better because AI is usually dumb so it will improve the campaign difficulty.

So you will make an program that can read W:RD data and run while W:RD is running? Or is a manual thing? With a command star-like system but without command stars? And you will make an addon script for the AI in W:RD? Or just the ai in your game?

I'm really confused but this sounds interesting and really ambitious.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sun 13 Apr 2014 09:38

So how do you guys handle the patches, which arrive like twice a week? Do you do your whole mod again for the new Version then?
Alpha release. Click signature for more