Modding Questions Thread

DrAlex
Private First-Class

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby DrAlex » Tue 23 Oct 2018 14:19

Sireyn wrote:
DrAlex wrote:Wouldn't that duplicated turret have separate ammo? 8 normal missiles and 8 anti-sead seems kinda op

I meant that you could add a second TMountedWeaponDescriptor within the existing turret. Regarding ammo counts, you can assign whatever weapons you want to whichever SalvoStockIndex you want.

When you look inside a TMountedWeaponDescriptor, you will see SalvoStockIndex and SalvoStockIndex_ForInterface. The first one determines which ammo pool it draws from, which is under the Salves on the main WeaponManagerModuleDescriptor. The ForInterface determines the order the weapons appear in the info panel, such as when you look at the unit in the armory or toggle weapons in a match. You can use this to merge or separate weapons, but there will always be a 3-slot limit.

If you wanted to specify the number of anti-SEAD missiles, you would give your new TMountedWeapon its own SalvoStockIndex, then set the Salves. The Salves will multiply with the salvo you have set in the TAmmunition (a missile salvo of 8 and a Salves of 2 = 16 total missiles). If you want to draw from the same ammo pool as the normal missiles, just make sure the SalvoStockIndex's match.

Thanks for the info, I will try a bit more.
But perhaps you can help solve me another mystery?
I tried to increase the range of missiles on planes with no results. I thought it could be because of line of sight, so I increased the altitude of the aircraft, but that only made it worse. To specify - I gave Su-27M a 12km range, and it all shows in armory,but for whatever reason it feels like it uses old 3.5km value still.

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Thu 25 Oct 2018 04:06

DrAlex wrote:Thanks for the info, I will try a bit more.
I tried to increase the range of missiles on planes with no results. I thought it could be because of line of sight, so I increased the altitude of the aircraft, but that only made it worse. To specify - I gave Su-27M a 12km range, and it all shows in armory,but for whatever reason it feels like it uses old 3.5km value still.

I just tested a 12km range with an R-60 on the Yak-38 and did not have any issues. My best guess is that you edited the wrong range value or the wrong weapon. Make sure you are editing PorteeMaximaleHA, which is anti-plane range. The ranges are also spherical, so increasing altitude may also increase distance from the target.

Are you engaging targets that are already spotted? Spotting range is part of the ScannerConfiguration module.

DrAlex
Private First-Class

Postby DrAlex » Thu 25 Oct 2018 22:15

Sireyn wrote:
DrAlex wrote:Thanks for the info, I will try a bit more.

I just tested a 12km range with an R-60 on the Yak-38 and did not have any issues. My best guess is that you edited the wrong range value or the wrong weapon. Make sure you are editing PorteeMaximaleHA, which is anti-plane range. The ranges are also spherical, so increasing altitude may also increase distance from the target.

Are you engaging targets that are already spotted? Spotting range is part of the ScannerConfiguration module.

Eh, i thought that it was kinda obvious that I was talking about air-to-ground missile, Kh-29T. Air-to-air missiles work fine indeed.
I changed PorteeMaximale and ProteeMaximaleBateaux. Everything shows correctly in armory.

UPD: but apparently problem was indeed in ScannerConfiguration. Thank you, I doubt I would've even look there on my own, as it makes no sense to me :)

Raytheon_174
Private

Postby Raytheon_174 » Sat 10 Nov 2018 19:22

Hi guys! Is it possible to increase the number of slots in the airport? From 9 to... 15-18, I guess?

Note: I mean airport slots in battle, not aviation slots in deck.

Raytheon_174
Private

Postby Raytheon_174 » Mon 12 Nov 2018 21:12

Is it possible to load A-10A Thunderbolt with bombs without dismounting Mavericks? I found it possible with only redacting WeaponManager, but when I try adding bombs in Appearance Model or Missile Carriage, the game crashes. Does somebody know, what's wrong here?

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Wed 14 Nov 2018 05:56

Raytheon_174 wrote:Hi guys! Is it possible to increase the number of slots in the airport? From 9 to... 15-18, I guess?

Note: I mean airport slots in battle, not aviation slots in deck.

I don't believe so, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Is it possible to load A-10A Thunderbolt with bombs without dismounting Mavericks? I found it possible with only redacting WeaponManager, but when I try adding bombs in Appearance Model or Missile Carriage, the game crashes. Does somebody know, what's wrong here?

Correction
Yes, it is possible, but not while showing the weapons on the external pylons. Each aircraft model has a certain way it likes to be set up, and unfortunately, the only working racks on the A-10 are the Maverick pylons.

Phlogis pointed out to me that the outer wing pylons are functional if you assign your weapon to tourelle3/WeaponIndex 3. Even if you can't get a weapon to show up, you can still add the weapon in the WeaponManager and then add the effects to the Actions list in the ApparenceModel to have a functional weapon.

Be aware that certain weapon combinations can interfere with the aircraft's flight pattern. Loading Mavericks and bombs together might cause the aircraft to bomb itself, or or not drop its bombs. It may take some experimenting- good luck!

Here I have working rocket pods without the models and working Sidewinders on the wing tips.

Omarncdn
Private First-Class

Postby Omarncdn » Mon 26 Nov 2018 01:16

Hello Everyone. I have a question.

I have been modding this game as a beginner for the past few months. I was able to modify alot of the game and its actually been fun to do. I need some help, Im stuck on 1 the last things I wanted to change.

How do I get the ASM trucks to fire their missile long range on ground units and also naval units.

the desired outcomes is..

- fly like a Surface to Surface missile, (with an Arch), and smoke animation
- Be able to force fire
- Have extremely long range 20km
- 5 minute reload time
- When it hits have a HUGE explosion - HE = 45
- Done to all Naval ASM truck units - Red + Blue
- still keep its ability to fire direct on ships.

If anyone is kind enough to help me I would really appreciate it. Or at least guide me in the right direction.

Return to “Modding”