Modding Questions Thread

KingSirJohnKey
Private

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby KingSirJohnKey » Sat 9 Feb 2019 04:27

Anyway to export a list of causlties after a battle?

LyROBERT
Private

Postby LyROBERT » Sun 24 Feb 2019 04:39

Is there any way to change the speed of the drives without affecting the overall speed of the game? I would like to see the vehicles slower with more realistic speeds, the infantry seems to be levitating and the MBTs at 100km / h in the road is difficult to swallow

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 25 Feb 2019 04:27

KingSirJohnKey wrote:Anyway to export a list of causlties after a battle?

Not that I am aware of, sorry.

LyROBERT wrote:Is there any way to change the speed of the drives without affecting the overall speed of the game? I would like to see the vehicles slower with more realistic speeds, the infantry seems to be levitating and the MBTs at 100km / h in the road is difficult to swallow

I will assume you know how to navigate the Modding Suite, but I can give more detailed instructions if you need. This information is contained in the MouvementHandler module of each unit's TUniteAuSol reference. Maxspeed is the normal speed while the SpeedBonusOnRoad adds a percentage of speed while fast moving on a road. Take care when editing as many units can use the same MouvementHandler module.

Maxspeed is [wanted speed] × 52 = [value to input]
SpeedBonusOnRoad is [wanted road speed] / [normal speed] - 1 = [value to input]

Here is an example :

You can see that the Maxspeed is 4160, which is 52 times the km/h. This unit travels at 80km/h.
The SpeedBonusOnRoad is 0.875, which multiplies the original speed by 1.875. This unit travels on roads at 150km/h.

yuri7086
Private

Postby yuri7086 » Sun 24 Mar 2019 05:55

Hi,I got a problem about saving the changes on Modding Suite. When I save my changes, Modding Suite reminds me that "Saving interrupted - Did you start Wargame before I was ready?" But I didn't start the game before or during the modding. Does anyone know what happen and how to solve this problem? :cry: :cry:
Attachments
捕获.JPG
捕获.JPG (94.43 KiB) Viewed 863 times

redarmy45
Private

Postby redarmy45 » Mon 25 Mar 2019 13:05

Hi,im new to using modding suite...can someone tell me how i remove the RED/BLUE opacity color from units who enter forests?

I dont like this feature,and want to mod it out in any way possible.

Thanks for help

blackhawkfalled
Private

Postby blackhawkfalled » Sat 13 Jul 2019 19:08

How to change the visual look of an artillery shell into an MLRS model? And is artillery shell speed modable? Like MLRS?

blackhawkfalled
Private

Postby blackhawkfalled » Sat 13 Jul 2019 19:09

Guggy wrote:
Mot wrote:Solved gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin problem. Corrupt everything.ndfbin after saving made the rest of the ndfbin files unreadable, noticed because the game couldn't even start, corrupt installation.

Now back to modding, in WALB there was a variable that defined the range at which armor penetration would increase for kinetic weapons, it was in gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin but now I can't find it anywhere, anyone?

Grats on corrupting! I've done it 4 times now, and it never gets any less frustrating :P

Regarding that range, ID 168: DistanceMinOfAPFiringAuthorization and 167 : DistanceStepToGain1APLevel are still in TModernWarfareTunableConstante. ID's 167 and 168 respectively.

I can't find the modernwarfare tunable constant class right now? Is this still moddable in WGRD?

PHENICUS
Private

Help Locating TBattleGroupBattleModuleDescriptor

Postby PHENICUS » Sun 21 Jul 2019 18:42

I have been having a grand time modding some original campaigns for solo play. It has been hit and miss but this forums has helped quite a bit.

I am looking to adjust some of the COHESION and MORALE stats for a solo campaign.

I believe that the adjustment can be made in the TBattleGroupBattleModuleDescriptor table. I am guessing that because that is what shows using the BGManaager. In the BGManager I am able to make some small changes but the table does not have every sequence/combination that I am looking for. I think that I will be able to add instances of each of the sequences/combinations that I am looking for into this table if i could just find its location. Does anyone know the path to the TBattleGroupBattleModuleDescriptor using the Wargame Modding Suite?

TIA for any assistnace.

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Tue 23 Jul 2019 03:22

blackhawkfalled wrote:
Guggy wrote:
Mot wrote:Solved gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin problem. Corrupt everything.ndfbin after saving made the rest of the ndfbin files unreadable, noticed because the game couldn't even start, corrupt installation.

Now back to modding, in WALB there was a variable that defined the range at which armor penetration would increase for kinetic weapons, it was in gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin but now I can't find it anywhere, anyone?

Grats on corrupting! I've done it 4 times now, and it never gets any less frustrating :P

Regarding that range, ID 168: DistanceMinOfAPFiringAuthorization and 167 : DistanceStepToGain1APLevel are still in TModernWarfareTunableConstante. ID's 167 and 168 respectively.

I can't find the modernwarfare tunable constant class right now? Is this still moddable in WGRD?

The ID numbers can change between games and potentially between patches. Focus on searching the key words.

TAR5US
Private

Postby TAR5US » Wed 21 Aug 2019 23:41

Asking for Help about 2 things.

I've noticed that if you change anything to do with the Pawns on the Battlegroup Mngr it causes crashes. Is that correct?

I am working on a BREXIT campaign mod with UK + India +Us against all EU nations based on the 2kw map converted(ish) to be Britain. The mod will be based on the Ash and Shadows Mod for modernized units. Spectre is cool with making custom campaigns for single player use only. One thing I am trying to locate is the Zone Names, like "Seoul, PyongYang, Naval Sector Alpha" to change on the Tactical Campaign Map. Is it simple text change on a locationhash or is it more involved? I know it is possible because Zomba69 created the 2nd Yum Kippur War based on Busan Pocket and he changed the names of the zones. I tried reverse engineering his ZZ_Dat and his ZZ_win files but I have not had success. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this so I can make the campaign map a little more realistic ? Thank you for any direction.

Return to “Modding”