Modding Questions Thread

SamuelRichards
Private

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby SamuelRichards » Sun 4 Apr 2021 23:15

But can you change the unit card picture? I don't like the NORFORCE picture(nothing racist).
Or the card of the unit's weapon i.e. F-88 unit card picture is wrong, so is the LAAD Javelin's.

chargers71
Private

Postby chargers71 » Mon 5 Apr 2021 03:34

Sireyn wrote:
jeff2146 wrote:ever since the last steam versions update it seems that a couple of the mod i like to play with have stopped working.
in particular the improved campaign mod which i really enjoyed playing.

is there i way i can get this mod to work again or do i need to hunt down the creator and have him fix it

the mod in question: https://www.moddb.com/mods/revised-campaign-with-super-usa

thanks in adnvance for any reply

It would be best to have the mod creator update the mod, but it is possible to do it yourself.

You will need the modded NDF and a fresh vanilla NDF. Open the modded NDF in the Modding Suite, search for the items in the list below, and use the top left square button to "Export".

Spoiler : :
everything

campdyn_2nd_korean_war\ndfscripting
campdyn_2nd_korean_war\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscripting
campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_crown_jewel\ndfscripting
campdyn_crown_jewel\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_proto1\ndfscripting
campdyn_proto1\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_pusan_pocket\ndfscripting
campdyn_pusan_pocket\ndfscriptingforalternative1

Once extracted, open the vanilla NDF, search each one again, and use the square button at the top to "Replace" each with the now extracted modded version. Sometimes this process corrupts the NDF and causes the game to crash, so just try again if that happens, but maybe take it once component at a time before testing. Let me know if you need better instructions

Can you expand on this? I cant figure out how to get the replacement process to work. Every time I try to export and then replace it corrupts the NDF file

Sireyn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Sireyn » Fri 9 Apr 2021 17:47

chargers71 wrote:
Spoiler : :
Sireyn wrote:
jeff2146 wrote:ever since the last steam versions update it seems that a couple of the mod i like to play with have stopped working.
in particular the improved campaign mod which i really enjoyed playing.

is there i way i can get this mod to work again or do i need to hunt down the creator and have him fix it

the mod in question: https://www.moddb.com/mods/revised-campaign-with-super-usa

thanks in adnvance for any reply

It would be best to have the mod creator update the mod, but it is possible to do it yourself.

You will need the modded NDF and a fresh vanilla NDF. Open the modded NDF in the Modding Suite, search for the items in the list below, and use the top left square button to "Export".

everything

campdyn_2nd_korean_war\ndfscripting
campdyn_2nd_korean_war\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscripting
campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_crown_jewel\ndfscripting
campdyn_crown_jewel\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_proto1\ndfscripting
campdyn_proto1\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_pusan_pocket\ndfscripting
campdyn_pusan_pocket\ndfscriptingforalternative1

Once extracted, open the vanilla NDF, search each one again, and use the square button at the top to "Replace" each with the now extracted modded version. Sometimes this process corrupts the NDF and causes the game to crash, so just try again if that happens, but maybe take it once component at a time before testing. Let me know if you need better instructions

Can you expand on this? I cant figure out how to get the replacement process to work. Every time I try to export and then replace it corrupts the NDF file

I'll run through the instructions in case you are missing something. I also find that "everything" tends to get corrupted and that closing the Modding Suite after steps 2 and 3 helps. If the file gets corrupted then try again.

1) Set your export path so you know where the extracted file ends up. If you already have extracted files, delete those in case there is some issue overwriting them.

2) Find the item you want to extract from your modded NDF, select it, then use the Raw Data > Export button (not the Textures > Export). The extracted file should be in the folder you previously set.

3) Find the same item you want to replace in the Vanilla NDF, select it, then use the Raw Data > Replace button (again, not the Textures one). Select the previously extracted file.

Return to “Modding”