Modding Questions Thread

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby loosebruce » Thu 20 Nov 2014 13:45

Hi all,

Downloaded the mod tools and had a browse through some of the data files.

I am wanting to mod the SBS and change their load out to a H&K G3A2 or MP5 with a L7 GPMG.

How do I find the infantry data file?

I understand that the weapons won't be visually seen, the original gun sprites will be there.

I had a look for a definitive infantry modding guide but it just seems to be information loosely scattered around several threads.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 21 Nov 2014 02:22

loosebruce wrote:Hi all,

Downloaded the mod tools and had a browse through some of the data files.

I am wanting to mod the SBS and change their load out to a H&K G3A2 or MP5 with a L7 GPMG.

How do I find the infantry data file?

I understand that the weapons won't be visually seen, the original gun sprites will be there.

I had a look for a definitive infantry modding guide but it just seems to be information loosely scattered around several threads.

There really isn't an infantry file, just one class for all units in Wargame. Check this tutorial by Darkmil: http://www.wargame.com.pl/en/news/engli ... modding/2/
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

horsman
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby horsman » Mon 24 Nov 2014 17:54

Has any one has figured out how CWIS works on the ships and if they've been able to replicate the effect on AAA like the Pivads.

I remember hearing that in order to shoot down the ASM they had to have a health value, but that's about all i know so far, Just wondering as Ive had a idea for my mod that could change things up a bit if i could get it to work.
Don't mind my spelling I'm just dyslexic

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 24 Nov 2014 19:57

horsman wrote:Has any one has figured out how CWIS works on the ships and if they've been able to replicate the effect on AAA like the Pivads.

I remember hearing that in order to shoot down the ASM they had to have a health value, but that's about all i know so far, Just wondering as Ive had a idea for my mod that could change things up a bit if i could get it to work.

I'm pretty sure that CIWS is another weapon. Try this: change the tturretdescriptor of the Pivads to the gatling gun of the Cham-Su-Ri.

horsman

Postby horsman » Mon 24 Nov 2014 20:00

The W:AB Noob wrote:
horsman wrote:Has any one has figured out how CWIS works on the ships and if they've been able to replicate the effect on AAA like the Pivads.

I'm pretty sure that CIWS is another weapon. Try this: change the tturretdescriptor of the Pivads to the gatling gun of the Cham-Su-Ri.

Ive though about this, haven't tried it out yet however, i was wanting to know as I'm interested in making AAA target cluster MLRS in a attempt to prevent cluster spam and breath some life back into cluster bombs, who will be getting a damage buff.

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Mon 24 Nov 2014 20:03

leopardgunner wrote:hello guys

i want to ask how to change unit faction from blufor to redfor or from redfor to blufor properly

because it's always crash when i try to change unit faction through modding suite

thank you

It's possible, but difficult. Say, wasn't there a tutorial about this?

it was an easy thing in alb, i do it to a lot of unit
but when i try it in RD, it's always crash or simply doesn't work

can you give me the tutorial link ?

or can someone explain me how to do this?

thank you

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 24 Nov 2014 23:52

leopardgunner wrote:
leopardgunner wrote:hello guys

i want to ask how to change unit faction from blufor to redfor or from redfor to blufor properly

because it's always crash when i try to change unit faction through modding suite

thank you

It's possible, but difficult. Say, wasn't there a tutorial about this?

it was an easy thing in alb, i do it to a lot of unit
but when i try it in RD, it's always crash or simply doesn't work

can you give me the tutorial link ?

or can someone explain me how to do this?

thank you

Right in this very thread, just use the search bar.
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=42266&start=300#p605956
There is now one more step: the unit can not be have an UpgradeRequire or be of an UpgradeRequire of/for another unit that it part of the opposite side.

horsman wrote:

Ive though about this, haven't tried it out yet however, i was wanting to know as I'm interested in making AAA target cluster MLRS in a attempt to prevent cluster spam and breath some life back into cluster bombs, who will be getting a damage buff.

Ooh, that sounds complicated. I know that missiles are in TUniteDescriptor (not with the AuSol) but I'm not sure how to make something target a missile. It might be a list of missiles the weapon can target, or a category, or just hardcoded. Good luck!

horsman

Postby horsman » Tue 25 Nov 2014 11:35

Oh well looks like I'm gonna have to do some searching, thanks for your help WAB:noob, if I find anything out I'll post it here for future reference.

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Tue 25 Nov 2014 13:48

I had a brief look into the AAA targeting missiles a while ago and it seems that there are 3 parts to it;

1- Add a health module to the missile you want to be target-able

2- Set the range against projectiles for the AAA (right at the bottom of the weapon)

3- Test. If it works, let me know, because I never got around to testing in a way that could 100% confirm. If it doesn't work, then you should compare anti-ship missiles to SEAD missiles and go from there.

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Tue 25 Nov 2014 15:47

Right in this very thread, just use the search bar.
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=42266&start=300#p605956
There is now one more step: the unit can not be have an UpgradeRequire or be of an UpgradeRequire of/for another unit that it part of the opposite side.

alright it's working properly except for flag in the unit card :)

1 - Not many people have even tried yet, but I think I know. In TUnite, you have to make it the MotherCountry to one you want to switch it to, Blufor or Redfor. Then, change the Nationalitie - null = nato, 1 = redor. Last, you have go to TDeckSeriliaizer or something like that, then the OtanUnitId or PactUnitId, delete it from one list and add it to the other. Also, if the unit transports infantry or is transported by an APC or a barge, you have to switch that unit to another transport that is of what you are changing it too or delete the module/s entirely.

but i still confuse about how to delete unit from pact list and add it to the nato in TDeckSeriliaizer, since I can't delete a single unit from a list, instead it will delete all unit from the list

so i solve the problem by swapping a unit from nato into pact by changing it's unit id in OtanUnitId, and giving "0" to pact unit "UInt32"

it's that correct? since it working properly

if not, could you tell me the right way to do that?

thank you

Return to “Modding”