Modding Questions Thread

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 5 Dec 2015 21:31

Tell me a list of all the things you did.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Merkava_
Corporal

Postby Merkava_ » Sat 5 Dec 2015 23:07

The W:AB Noob wrote:Tell me a list of all the things you did.

So I go to the TUniteAuSolDescriptor for the Challenger 2, and change the mothercountry to the USSR and the nationalite from null to 1. I then go to the upgraderequire and change it to the T-72BU's instance.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 6 Dec 2015 00:28

Go to TShowRoomDeckSerializer, find the unit instance in OtanUnitIds, remove it from the list, put it in PactUnitIds.

Change MotherCoutnry in Tunite>Modules>TypeUnit>Default

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 7 Dec 2015 09:42

I'm working on creating an Object 781 using the BTR-T model. The 781 uses a separate turret for each autocannon which, I presume, has a limited traverse for each. I successfully have each autocannon firing separately out of each gun on the BTR-T model, however the autocannons fire as if they are locked together with full 360 degree rotation.

In order to replicate the independent turrets I'm curious if it's possible to limit the traverse of independent weapons to face left and right, instead of just full rotation.

I was using Darmil's guide, but how the turret angles work specifically still eludes me. Could anyone could shed some light on that?

Thanks

Vladimirova
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vladimirova » Thu 10 Dec 2015 00:47

you can limit the traverse but I'm not sure if you can limit it to left and right specifically
The Notorious, Narcissistic Pink

Merkava_
Corporal

Postby Merkava_ » Thu 10 Dec 2015 03:51

Quick questions here.

How do you make it so that a tank has progressively better armour? I rerolled T-62s to be Challenger 2s, and while the T-62MV-1 has 24 armour, the T-62M1, T-62M, and T-62 obr 1975 all have the same armour of 19 front. I want to change this so that the T-62 obr 1975 can have 17 armour while the one above that gets 18 armour etc etc.

The same goes for the guns. How do you get progressively better AP rounds like how the T-80 series gets upgunned but still having the same gun, the 2A46.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 10 Dec 2015 05:06

Change each individual unit, but make sure that no two share the same instances regarding armor and gun. I assume you know how to mod these.

Merkava_
Corporal

Postby Merkava_ » Fri 11 Dec 2015 16:12

I need help here.

I while i was modding, I noticed that for the USSR, all of the tanks can only be either veteran or elite. This may be a problem when my friends play the mod in the future and make the USSR have the best tanks. The thing about it is that only the tanks seem to have the problem.

I checked it again earlier, and it seems to randomize the availability. For example my soviet Challenger 2 in mechanized decks has 11 avaliability in hardened form, but in Armoured decks it has 11 avaliability in elite, which I didn't make it have any elite status in the modding suite. It also does this in different countries that are unmodded. I don't know what I did.

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Fri 11 Dec 2015 22:42

Hi, i have a little problem in plane weapon modding, when i change a missile to bomb, so i put TTurretBombardier... and the right instance, Apparence Model.. MissileCarriage info > missile info i've done it lot of times, just for the bombs i have a problem etc..and so the FX tag change too, but in game, the bomb lauching is making the sound of a missile fired and there is not the bombs falling with the white thing, so as i have changed everything it should work but i don't know, its not the first time it do that to me, i'm for sure missing something, do anyone know ? :?: :roll:

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Dec 2015 00:02

Merkava_ wrote:I need help here.

I while i was modding, I noticed that for the USSR, all of the tanks can only be either veteran or elite. This may be a problem when my friends play the mod in the future and make the USSR have the best tanks. The thing about it is that only the tanks seem to have the problem.

I checked it again earlier, and it seems to randomize the availability. For example my soviet Challenger 2 in mechanized decks has 11 avaliability in hardened form, but in Armoured decks it has 11 avaliability in elite, which I didn't make it have any elite status in the modding suite. It also does this in different countries that are unmodded. I don't know what I did.

Please, someone explain this. I'm too busy facepalming.

(I'll explain it eventually, just give me some time.)

CRASHER47 wrote:Hi, i have a little problem in plane weapon modding, when i change a missile to bomb, so i put TTurretBombardier... and the right instance, Apparence Model.. MissileCarriage info > missile info i've done it lot of times, just for the bombs i have a problem etc..and so the FX tag change too, but in game, the bomb lauching is making the sound of a missile fired and there is not the bombs falling with the white thing, so as i have changed everything it should work but i don't know, its not the first time it do that to me, i'm for sure missing something, do anyone know ? :?: :roll:

Okay, I'm not an expert on modding planes but I'm taking a guess.

I know that there are a list of actions in the AppearanceModel module. These things control extra things from the jet's exhaust, flares, contrails, and weapon launch effects. Look for the one that controls the missile launch FX (double click on the object references and you can for the most part figure out what they are for) and replace it with a bomb dropping effect that a plane with the bomb has.

Return to “Modding”