Modding Questions Thread

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby CRASHER47 » Tue 2 Feb 2016 10:43

Okay, yea maybe in Label stuff or Warfare in CompagnyUnit there might be something like ShownInMenu or something like that i guess. Or its just how's the transport thing is coded.

Vladimirova
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vladimirova » Wed 3 Feb 2016 16:44

I haven't actually tested this so I might be wrong but I was under the impression that it was adding the module to the transported unit that would remove the transport from the menu.
The Notorious, Narcissistic Pink

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Wed 3 Feb 2016 20:44

Mmhm, so it could be removed ? Maybe someday we'll be able to make empty transports, like evac helos. :idea:

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Sun 7 Feb 2016 16:33

Is it possible to make a supply unit auto-attacked without using the "Automatic fire on enemy supplies"?

I've added a small amount of supplies to the 5pt transport trucks, which means it has the Supply module and is thus not auto-attacked. I cannot add the Capturable module as that would mean the troops it's carrying would also be captured. I need some way of allowing a unit to deliver supplies while not counting as a supply unit.

If anyone has any insight into this I'd be greatly appreciative.

remilia019
Second-Lieutenant

Postby remilia019 » Mon 8 Feb 2016 14:10

Just a question, is there a way to mod the ingame music?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 8 Feb 2016 16:14

Nope. They are encoded in Eugen's own extension.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

thenewking
Private

Postby thenewking » Tue 9 Feb 2016 13:54

Hi, is there a way to increase destruction points before defeat. Because i beat the ai in campaign in 2mins in one battle.
This would make the game so much better so battles are longer, has anyone made a mod/edit for this or is there a way to do this or something similar? thanks

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Tue 9 Feb 2016 16:55

Hi, campaign at this stage is editable for modders, i don't think that one made just one modification for that, you could do it for yourself but need to know how to mod, however, i think one modder like W:AB Noob could help you as he is familiar with editing campaign, i mostly edit units stuff me. :)

But I have a question too, i'm going to change units cards (as I've changed the unit itselfs) but i can't extract the commoninterface.pkk, and can't open it either, I have the lastest version of the ModdingSuite, how could I do ? And btw what's the format of those "pics" of each units ? 400x560 (I don't have any idea), I just have to take a new pic of my unit, remplace it with correct height and put it back and its good ?

EDIT : And how for exemple I could make a new skin of a unit, as I have a unit, but its 3D model and so its texture is used like 4 or 5 times with different loadouts, I could replace so the texture of the units I have replaced for those, by the one of my plane (copypasta on it and I can edit it as I want)but then, I need to change which thing to replace the skin and not the 3D model ? ( I've kept the same ApparenceModel when I've changed the unit, just changed after the Depictions etc, so I can do it step by step after)
Sorry if its not very clear to understand :roll:

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Wed 10 Feb 2016 00:29

Are you French, if so can you explain your problem in French because I can't seem to understand it in English or do you have a steam Id so I can explain it to you via chatting ?

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Wed 10 Feb 2016 15:19

Salut, oui je suis français comme toi ^^ , tu veux que j'explique ici ou sur le chat steam ? Mon ID est le même sur steam :)

Hi, yes I'm French just like you ^^ , Do you want me to explain it here or Steam ? My ID is the same on steam :)
Last edited by CRASHER47 on Wed 10 Feb 2016 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modding”