Modding Questions Thread

Darkmil
Brigadier

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Darkmil » Wed 16 Mar 2016 23:15

AJE wrote:
Darkmil wrote:
AJE wrote:I'm trying to give the Jaguar GR1 4 Martels (2 ARM and 2 TV; yes I know it couldn't do that in real life, I'm just trying to make a fun mod) and I can't get it to work. I did everything required in COMThing's guide to loadout modding, and it seems the Jaguar GR1 model has room for 4 weapons, but the game just keeps crashing when I hover over the icon. It works fine when I only edit the weapon loadout and not the appearance module however. Does anyone know how to do this?

Maybe it's not programmed to receive a loadout for more than 2 different weapons. Super Etendard is like that, A-10 too.

Well that's a shame, the model seems to have 4 weapon pylons on it.

A-10 has 7 and it still can take one type of weapon only... That's a bit stupid, but that's how it is...

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Sat 19 Mar 2016 02:17

Both the A-10 and Jaguar can have 2 different pylon weapons, that is unless their models have been changed since patch 610.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sat 19 Mar 2016 03:39

COMThing wrote:Both the A-10 and Jaguar can have 2 different pylon weapons, that is unless their models have been changed since patch 610.

A-10 can ? Before it could have 4 different weapons but I thought it was reduced to only one...
My bad then.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 19 Mar 2016 20:27

COMThing wrote:Both the A-10 and Jaguar can have 2 different pylon weapons, that is unless their models have been changed since patch 610.

COMTHING'S ALIVE!
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Sun 20 Mar 2016 00:32

Darkmil wrote:A-10 can ? Before it could have 4 different weapons but I thought it was reduced to only one...
My bad then.

If that was the case it probably still can, though I've only ever tested 2 pylon weapons.

The W:AB Noob wrote:COMTHING'S ALIVE!

8-)

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sun 20 Mar 2016 02:30

COMThing wrote:
Darkmil wrote:A-10 can ? Before it could have 4 different weapons but I thought it was reduced to only one...
My bad then.

If that was the case it probably still can, though I've only ever tested 2 pylon weapons.

The W:AB Noob wrote:COMTHING'S ALIVE!

8-)

The problem is that berfore on the A-10 6 AGM-65 would appear on six pylons (which was wrong) But 7 Mk.84 would appear on 7 pylons (which was great), now 7 Mk.84 appear on 2 pylons which is a shame...

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Sun 20 Mar 2016 11:06

Darkmil wrote:The problem is that berfore on the A-10 6 AGM-65 would appear on six pylons (which was wrong) But 7 Mk.84 would appear on 7 pylons (which was great), now 7 Mk.84 appear on 2 pylons which is a shame...

Yeah, just have to find a new missilecarriage. My last experiment with that found quite a few that would allow an A-7E to carry a non-lopsided 12 bomb loadout for example.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sun 20 Mar 2016 15:12

COMThing wrote:
Darkmil wrote:The problem is that berfore on the A-10 6 AGM-65 would appear on six pylons (which was wrong) But 7 Mk.84 would appear on 7 pylons (which was great), now 7 Mk.84 appear on 2 pylons which is a shame...

Yeah, just have to find a new missilecarriage. My last experiment with that found quite a few that would allow an A-7E to carry a non-lopsided 12 bomb loadout for example.

What do you mean by found a new missile carriage ?
I could revert back to how it was ?

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Mon 21 Mar 2016 06:13

Darkmil wrote:What do you mean by found a new missile carriage ?

Looking at my notes from the last time I was active, the A-7E can use the missilecarriage model of the US Harrier series for a single type of weapon spread evenly over 4 pylons, or the Norwegian F-5A's missilecarriage model for 2 weapons with the first taking up the middle pylons and the second taking the 2 inner pylons.
Most missilecarriages will cause a crash or only support one weapon or pair of pylons when used on a different airframe, but a few of them do help out with aesthetics.
Unfortunately, at least with the A-7E, none of the missilecarriages use all the pylons (pretty sure not even it's own one does so).

http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=55789

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Mon 21 Mar 2016 09:27

COMThing wrote:
Darkmil wrote:What do you mean by found a new missile carriage ?

Looking at my notes from the last time I was active, the A-7E can use the missilecarriage model of the US Harrier series for a single type of weapon spread evenly over 4 pylons, or the Norwegian F-5A's missilecarriage model for 2 weapons with the first taking up the middle pylons and the second taking the 2 inner pylons.
Most missilecarriages will cause a crash or only support one weapon or pair of pylons when used on a different airframe, but a few of them do help out with aesthetics.
Unfortunately, at least with the A-7E, none of the missilecarriages use all the pylons (pretty sure not even it's own one does so).

http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=55789

That's really interesting, I learned something huge, thanks a lot !

Return to “Modding”