Modding Questions Thread

Afiqlanz
Private First-Class

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Afiqlanz » Sun 21 Mar 2021 14:26

Question : how to edit tanks/ships/aircraft units without effecting others units?
i been trying to contact all modders but no response from them or whatsoever... my issue is just whenever i edit something that unit has it too, so what should i do? just copy the instance? what instance? then paste it where? wargame modding suite doesn't allow paste options unless you paste the values of course... so please.. give step by step any picture will be great to help me out i just wanted to edit 1 faction just USSR that's all.
Attachments
Screenshot (11).png
supposed to be T-80 but it got affected to other units as well
Screenshot (11).png (341.08 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

Sireyn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Sireyn » Wed 24 Mar 2021 20:43

jeff2146 wrote:ever since the last steam versions update it seems that a couple of the mod i like to play with have stopped working.
in particular the improved campaign mod which i really enjoyed playing.

is there i way i can get this mod to work again or do i need to hunt down the creator and have him fix it

the mod in question: https://www.moddb.com/mods/revised-campaign-with-super-usa

thanks in adnvance for any reply

It would be best to have the mod creator update the mod, but it is possible to do it yourself.

You will need the modded NDF and a fresh vanilla NDF. Open the modded NDF in the Modding Suite, search for the items in the list below, and use the top left square button to "Export".

Spoiler : :
everything

campdyn_2nd_korean_war\ndfscripting
campdyn_2nd_korean_war\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscripting
campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_crown_jewel\ndfscripting
campdyn_crown_jewel\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_proto1\ndfscripting
campdyn_proto1\ndfscriptingforalternative1

campdyn_pusan_pocket\ndfscripting
campdyn_pusan_pocket\ndfscriptingforalternative1

Once extracted, open the vanilla NDF, search each one again, and use the square button at the top to "Replace" each with the now extracted modded version. Sometimes this process corrupts the NDF and causes the game to crash, so just try again if that happens, but maybe take it once component at a time before testing. Let me know if you need better instructions

Omarncdn
Corporal

Postby Omarncdn » Wed 24 Mar 2021 22:01

Not sure if this question has been asked, Im sure it has.

Eugen recently announced an upcoming DLC? I've already spent countless hours modding this game based up to the last DLC.. Once the DLC is released, do I have to re-modify the NDF file all over again? or is there a short cut?

Omarncdn
Corporal

Postby Omarncdn » Wed 24 Mar 2021 22:05

Sireyn wrote:
Omarncdn wrote:Good day everyone.

Just completed my mod and I’m testing everything. Noticed that when I play skirmish.. The AI only conquers 1 sector in a 10vs10 map (Asgard). I just played once... so far but why is that happening. Is there anything I can do to make the AI more aggressive, in conquering sectors. I increased their money and income rate..can someone provide me an explanation on the mechanics of the AI.

Talking further about the AI. Seems like it just spans helicopters like crazy, Any suggestions to what instances in the AI I can change to make the AI more balanced and more difficult to play against. I’m aware that the AI is not the greatest, it’s seems it’s like a action-reaction response. But this thread is full of smart people.. I’m sure there’s a solution. I always play on very hard.

The Wargame AI is pretty simple and their performance depends a lot on the deck you create for them. Make sure they have enough commands and they will spread out and conquer all the zones. The AI attack based on which kind of unit is supposed to counter which and they tend to deploy only one card of a type of unit at a time, so unit variety can help.
Try not to give the AI too many helicopters or aircraft because they will deploy everything they have as a counter to one unit they see (which also makes them trivial to bait).

The money and income rates are the only things I am familiar with to change how the AI acts. I've found it's better to give them a higher income rate and only small bonus to starting points.

If you are modding, make sure you change the IAStratModule in the Modules list and in the CompanyUnit module to one from a unit of the same role.

what does the IAStratModule and the CompanyUnit do? What do I have to change it too?

-

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Thu 25 Mar 2021 19:17

Omarncdn wrote:Not sure if this question has been asked, Im sure it has.

Eugen recently announced an upcoming DLC? I've already spent countless hours modding this game based up to the last DLC.. Once the DLC is released, do I have to re-modify the NDF file all over again? or is there a short cut?

If it's like the last nation packs, you would need to recreate the mod from scratch to support the new nation. It should be possible to run the mod as it is now, excluding the new nation entirely, if I recall correctly.

joepk
Private

Postby joepk » Thu 1 Apr 2021 18:41

Which ndf file should I open in the modding suite to change the starting political points? I've opened a few already and changed the starting political points for the campaign I want to play but when I start the campaign the points are the same. I've tried changing other campaigns to see if they actually change there but no such luck.

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Fri 2 Apr 2021 12:30

joepk wrote:Which ndf file should I open in the modding suite to change the starting political points? I've opened a few already and changed the starting political points for the campaign I want to play but when I start the campaign the points are the same. I've tried changing other campaigns to see if they actually change there but no such luck.

The main NDF is in the 49125 folder for this game version. If the game updates, it will change.

joepk
Private

Postby joepk » Fri 2 Apr 2021 15:24

Sireyn wrote:The main NDF is in the 49125 folder for this game version. If the game updates, it will change.

It worked, thanks.

Inertia056
Private First-Class

Postby Inertia056 » Sat 3 Apr 2021 22:35

Here is a weird problem:

It’s about the indirect fire ability with reflexes shot and manual target designations.

If you watch closely, you will notice that the vanilla flamethrower squad has this special ability: It has an flamethrower which is an indirect weapon, but it can be ordered to focus its fire on a moving target, ie keep shooting at a moving target for EVERY shot in its salvo.

This is a unique ability in the indirect weapon family, because every other indirect weapon fire at a target’s position at the precise moment you gave that firing order, while our flamethrower squad will automatically and continuously aim at where the target currently is instead of where the target was.

I am very eager to figure out a way to replicate this ability in other weapon, because that will unlock a whole branch of possibilities for mod gameplay.
I will very appreciate it if anyone can offer any hints.
Thank you for your time in reading this.
Last edited by Inertia056 on Sun 18 Apr 2021 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

cerarco
Private

Postby cerarco » Sun 4 Apr 2021 23:02

Im hoping to find out which zz.win.dat is the correct file for the battlegroup manager. I cant seem to find the right zz.win file or it wont validate at least. I am new to modding and I really only like to mess with the campaigns. Can someone help me out?

Return to “Modding”