Modding Questions Thread

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby CRASHER47 » Fri 15 Jan 2016 15:34

Hi, nah its ok, you have a life don't worry :lol: , thx for tutorial, i was expecting something with the fx but was not sure where. ;)
Btw, i have a backup lol, lucky to have it like i used it 250 times :lol:

delor
Lieutenant

Postby delor » Fri 15 Jan 2016 22:36

So, here's a question:

What's up with units that don't show up in the mod tools and where can I find them? Or, if all units do show up, where is the NOR NM45?

Some units seem to be missing in the modding tools. For example, I was just looking for the NM45 and couldn't find it- or a bunch of other Norwegian units. I must have spent an hour going through the list over and over again, both in its entirety and with various filters applied, and came up blank.

I then tried going back several .dat files, in case it was the case that the .dats acted as patch files and were loaded on top of each other. Didn't do all of them, so this could still be the correct theory, but many versions back and I was still coming up blank.

I then downloaded someone's spreadsheet dump of the data files, since Excel gave me a friendlier search interface, and still came up blank.

If anyone knows how to find the units that aren't showing, that would be great.

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Fri 15 Jan 2016 22:41

Answer to :
@delor : its a DLC unit, so they are not well classed most of the time, but it must be in the list, weird i'll search.
EDIT : found it http://scr.hu/8raw/2kvus.
Be sure to have opened the last version of the game : ..639 as i remember ?
The modding tool will open the last file you opened, with like tabs, so be sure to go back in directory and take the last one.
Last edited by CRASHER47 on Sat 16 Jan 2016 01:27, edited 2 times in total.

delor
Lieutenant

Postby delor » Fri 15 Jan 2016 22:48

Thanks!

Hum. I must be opening the wrong .dat or something. I have only 1564 unit entries, and the entry at that index isn't the NM45 for me.

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Fri 15 Jan 2016 22:50

I have edited back my message upthere ^ talking about the versions because the game have 1618 units.

delor
Lieutenant

Postby delor » Fri 15 Jan 2016 22:59

Ah, I see my problem. The latest version is in the second-to-last folder, not the last, plus I didn't realize the modding tools remembered the path to the last .dat read.

Sweet, thanks!

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Fri 15 Jan 2016 23:46

Thumb up*
always take last version ^^

So two new questions, one is not that hard, I'm just a noob, when changing a inf weapon, the 3D weapon don't change with it, i'm likely missing something about Appearance i guess,
Second, is it possible to change a Bomb in to Missile ? i have an idea with a bomb that looks like a missile i want, i guess its just a story of fx, and effects .. ?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 16 Jan 2016 02:22

delor wrote:Ah, I see my problem. The latest version is in the second-to-last folder, not the last, plus I didn't realize the modding tools remembered the path to the last .dat read.

Sweet, thanks!

Yes the second to last one. The one starting with 44 instead of 43 came with DLC1, and nobody really knows why. Also, units often have very funny names, or simply ones that don't make sense. Use filters for MotherCountry and Factory to limit the number of instances.

CRASHER47 wrote:Thumb up*
always take last version ^^

So two new questions, one is not that hard, I'm just a noob, when changing a inf weapon, the 3D weapon don't change with it, i'm likely missing something about Appearance i guess,
Second, is it possible to change a Bomb in to Missile ? i have an idea with a bomb that looks like a missile i want, i guess its just a story of fx, and effects .. ?

For inf, I'm not totally sure. I have heard people say it's possible, and some say it's not. Inf units don't have an AppearenceModule, but use a GroupeCombat instead. There are some GfxWeaponModel things in there, but I never played with it much.

I'm not really an expert on missiles either, but I do know that you also have to replace the TAmmo, which includes a missile descriptor with it's model and flight characteristics. But that's only when the missile comes out of the plane. When still on, the model is in the plane's AppearenceModel, and you have have to change all actions and things like that.

I think I might have heard one time ago that it's not possible to change a plane with only missiles to have bombs, but I forgot.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

AtheistDane
Sergeant

Postby AtheistDane » Sat 16 Jan 2016 16:17

Where do you find ECM stats?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 16 Jan 2016 16:46

It's right in the TUniteAuSolDescriptor. IIRC, It's like EcmHitRoll or something. Look near the bottom.

-0.1 = 10% ECM, -0.5 = 50% ECM, etc.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”