Modding Questions Thread

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 23 Oct 2016 20:28

I think you should replace the everything.ndfbin only and not the whole NDF_Win.dat. The latter probably contains vital information for the Israeli DLC.

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=55681#p879317
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sun 23 Oct 2016 22:07

The W:AB Noob wrote:I think you should replace the everything.ndfbin only and not the whole NDF_Win.dat. The latter probably contains vital information for the Israeli DLC.

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=55681#p879317

Thanks alot!
Alpha release. Click signature for more

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Wed 26 Oct 2016 22:10

Hi guys, just wondering and being out of modding, is it possible to use missiles models from Starstreak, Milans etc, the ones shot like effects ? (may have already asked but stayed without answer) And so put them on pylons for planes or helicopters. Thanks to let me know if you have any idea, so far it just ended up blank without model on it after I tried to retrieve one, at least we just know that a 3D model is present and used.

Edit : managed to do it.

Takemori kohoto
Private First-Class

Postby Takemori kohoto » Sat 29 Oct 2016 07:26

guys I want to ask 3 things
1. can we do carpet bombing in wargame red dragon using modding suite
2 . how do I calculate the radius of the bomb blast and speed of a missile I already know divide it to 52 but I not sure it is applied too with missile
3.can I increase the fx of the blast after it explode
Takemori desu :lol:

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 29 Oct 2016 12:37

jonas165 wrote:I once explained this to someone by PM. Here it is, for the example of changing Norway into Bosnia:

I wrote:I asume here you have some basic knowledge about wargame modding. It's a bit complicated though.
So what you have to do first is find the most recent commncompnents.ppk file. It's inside the ZZ_4. You just look through the version folders starting from the newest until you find the most recent ZZ_4 that contains a commoncomponts.ppk file. You select it, click on "raw data" (the Icon with the man and the trash can in the top right of the modding suite) and then "export". After that, you go to the place where you exported the file to and open it using the modding suite. Inside the commoncomponents, you search for the two flag files you want to replace. For the norweagian ones, it would be flags\normal\nor_flag.tgv (the size is 80x48) and flags\long\nor_flag.tgv (the size is 121x36). The files you want to import (in your case the bosnian one) need to have the same size as the ones you are replacing! They need to be saved as .dds files, using A8R8G8B8 as the alpha setting. Once you have your images saved in the proper size and format, you replace them in your exported commoncomponents.ppk file. You select the norwegian flag files, click on "textures" (the icon that looks like a stamp) and replace, selecting the files you made. After that, you replace the commoncomponets.ppk with your altered one in the ZZ_4 in the same way. When you start the game now, the flags should be changed.

One more thing: by importing your pictures, the colours get kind of messed up. I don't really know the system behind that, you just have to look at how your flags look in the game and change colours on them until you have them looking like you want them to look. In my case, for the Russian flag, I had to change the blue and the red part on my image, you could try by just exchanging blue and yellow. Otherwise, export existing flags that contain yellow and/or blue and look how the colours are displayed on them.

That's it, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :) You probably won't understand alot of this until you try it out, but I think much of this is quite logical once you did it yourself

This worked for me, except that you need to save .dds file as A8B8G8R8, not A8R8G8B8!

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 29 Oct 2016 15:46

Takemori kohoto wrote:guys I want to ask 3 things
2 . how do I calculate the radius of the bomb blast and speed of a missile I already know divide it to 52 but I not sure it is applied too with missile

1. Depends. We don't have strategical bombers, as we simply lack the models, but aircraft like the Su-24 or the B-5 could be loaded with many bombs by modding (Theoretically, any aircraft could). The bomb patern depends on the accuracy und RoF of bombs I guess.
2. I think for blast radius, the range modifier appiles. It's 74,28571428571429.
3. What exactly do you mean by that? The FX size should be equal to the blast radius.

Takemori kohoto
Private First-Class

Postby Takemori kohoto » Sat 29 Oct 2016 16:03

jonas165 wrote:
Takemori kohoto wrote:guys I want to ask 3 things

1. Depends. We don't have strategical bombers, as we simply lack the models, but aircraft like the Su-24 or the B-5 could be loaded with many bombs by modding (Theoretically, any aircraft could). The bomb patern depends on the accuracy und RoF of bombs I guess.
2. I think for blast radius, the range modifier appiles. It's 74,28571428571429.
3. What exactly do you mean by that? The FX size should be equal to the blast radius.

first thank you and second what do you mean 74,28571428571429 you mean divide it or what and the missile speed part uh just divide it to 52 like other speed right

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 29 Oct 2016 16:22

Takemori kohoto wrote:first thank you and second what do you mean 74,28571428571429 you mean divide it or what and the missile speed part uh just divide it to 52 like other speed right

As far as I know 52 applies for missile speed and 74,something applies for ranges and distances, so also for the blast radius.

Takemori kohoto
Private First-Class

Postby Takemori kohoto » Sat 29 Oct 2016 16:34

jonas165 wrote:
Takemori kohoto wrote:first thank you and second what do you mean 74,28571428571429 you mean divide it or what and the missile speed part uh just divide it to 52 like other speed right

As far as I know 52 applies for missile speed and 74,something applies for ranges and distances, so also for the blast radius.

thank you so much

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Sat 29 Oct 2016 22:54

Speed : WantedValue x 52

Range / Distance : WantedValue / 175 * 13 000

IIRC, blast radius can be tweaked with RadiusSplashPhysicalDamages and the PhysicalDamages. (will be wider, but the white flash is very short, don't be epileptic)

Return to “Modding”