Modding Questions Thread

Butterless Toast
First Sergeant

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Butterless Toast » Mon 5 Dec 2016 20:54

Does anyone know what files to change to get the bgm to recognise the Yugoslavian and Finnish units? I know that there was a workaround for the Dutch and Israelis, but I haven't found how to do the same for the new nations yet.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Mon 5 Dec 2016 22:19

Butterless Toast wrote:Does anyone know what files to change to get the bgm to recognise the Yugoslavian and Finnish units? I know that there was a workaround for the Dutch and Israelis, but I haven't found how to do the same for the new nations yet.

You can use Wargame Mod Installer's AddContent to add battlegroup.dic to latest ZZ_Win.
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=58502

Or (the fastest for me):
1. export unites.dic using Modding suite from the latest ZZ_Win (53208/57270) on desktop or somewhere
2. replace unites.dic using Modding suite in ZZ_Win in 430000587\430000609 with previously exported one (this is the last zz file with battlegroup.dic that BGM can open - basically you will just make a copy of latest unites.dic in that file)

Butterless Toast
First Sergeant

Postby Butterless Toast » Wed 7 Dec 2016 13:04

Zomba69 wrote:
Butterless Toast wrote:Does anyone know what files to change to get the bgm to recognise the Yugoslavian and Finnish units? I know that there was a workaround for the Dutch and Israelis, but I haven't found how to do the same for the new nations yet.

You can use Wargame Mod Installer's AddContent to add battlegroup.dic to latest ZZ_Win.
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=58502

Or (the fastest for me):
1. export unites.dic using Modding suite from the latest ZZ_Win (53208/57270) on desktop or somewhere
2. replace unites.dic using Modding suite in ZZ_Win in 430000587\430000609 with previously exported one (this is the last zz file with battlegroup.dic that BGM can open - basically you will just make a copy of latest unites.dic in that file)

Thanks, used your faster method and it worked fine.

gijoe41
Corporal

Postby gijoe41 » Mon 12 Dec 2016 23:26

Do we still have to remove all DLC decks when installing mods?

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Tue 13 Dec 2016 16:07

gijoe41 wrote:Do we still have to remove all DLC decks when installing mods?

Yes, unless the mod was made after DLCs releases. Although first time I didn't deleted them, they just disapeared by themselves, but some peoples experienced crashes, so better doing it the safe way.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Thu 15 Dec 2016 11:43

How are infantry models defined? Like, say I want to swap the Riflemen's SL with the Light Riflemen's SL, how would I do that? Further, how flexible is this system? Can I add a second SL to a squad? Can I give the M16-guys in a rifle squad individual appearances?

What determines which animations the SL uses to fire which weapon, i.e. when to use the machine-gun animation and when to use the rocket-launcher animation?

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Thu 15 Dec 2016 12:07

Eukie wrote:How are infantry models defined?

Not exactly sure how to answer that as its kind of vague.

Like, say I want to swap the Riflemen's SL with the Light Riflemen's SL, how would I do that?

You just have the swap the Sqaud leader values with each other.

Groupecombat > Defualt > GfxWeaponModels

In this folder i Believe the sqaud leader is GfxSecondaryWeaponModel just swap those and you should do what you wanted.

Further, how flexible is this system? Can I add a second SL to a squad? Can I give the M16-guys in a rifle squad individual appearances?

Maybe.. I know groupdepction is a different vaule and its own soldier but i dont think it would work like your wanting and i really have never tried to mess with it extencively.

No all the other infantry in the squad is a Copy of the soldier thats not the squad leader what ever he looks like is what they will look like.

Rather linar but flexiable if you're creative baiscally you can mix and match units and give swap around animations. thats about it. enough to make any unit you make legit and work and look mostly correct otehr than the weapon they hold.

What determines which animations the SL uses to fire which weapon, i.e. when to use the machine-gun animation and when to use the rocket-launcher animation?

Deeper into the rabbit hole..

Im going to use the sqaud leader as an example..

Groupecombat > Defualt > GfxWeaponModels > GfxSecondaryWeaponModel > DepictionTemplate >

Here is where you're in advanced area which is where you would go if you some what know waht youre doing.

Under Actions is where all the effects are what ever number is attached to the weaponmanager is the weapon effect you want to change. if you know how to change a weapon. you'll notice weaponeffet then a number usually 1-4 that number references the effect thats in here on this model.

Hope that made sense.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Vladimirova
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vladimirova » Wed 21 Dec 2016 16:47

Did anyone figure out how to activate deprecated units
The Notorious, Narcissistic Pink

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 21 Dec 2016 17:26

Did anyone figure out how to activate deprecated units

There are a couple that won't show up no matter what you do, the old Tomcat Army (this has been altered and/or turned into the recent Air Tab tomcat, I think) and possibly the Hemmet in the US supply tab.

The rest, including the Trabant with 100 hp (heh) need several things done to make them show up in a deck;

1) In their TUnitAuSol; Give them a production year, a production price, set a max deployable ammount and set 'show in menu' to true
2) Populate the Unit type tokens list with something

then, under modules --> Typeunit --> TTypeUnitModuleDescriptor;

3) Populate the 'filters' row, you'll need to add a collection of four maplists. Each one you add will be; data type: Map, Key type: Int32, Value type: List.
4) The Int32 for each of those 4 maplists will need to be, in order, 1, 2, 3, and 4. You can look at the filter settings of other units to see how this is arranged
5) populate the lists with localization hashes. I copy paste the hashes from other, similar units. These filters define how the unit is filtered when searched; year, general type, deck category, stuff like that.

Then, under Modules --> Transportable, make sure the unit has a valid list of available transports. Add some if it is an infantry unit and there is nothing listed under 'list of available units for spawn' or just copy the whole instance from another suitable unit.

As long as I haven't forgotten anything, that should get a unit to show up for you.

thatAC130
Corporal

Postby thatAC130 » Fri 13 Jan 2017 06:54

Is it possible to "swap sides" in each campaign?

For example: could you modify a campaign where you change each of your starting battle groups to that of the opposing side and (vice versa), and could you change the starting locations of each pawn? (Say for Climb Mount Naradnaia, you were to start off in Nagasaki as BLUEFOR, and fight the AI, whom is in control of all of Japan.

I'd like to make an interesting campaign where we can either be on the opposite sides or with different variables as to how much of the map you control at the start.

Oh and of course, I should ask if its even possible to do this without wargame handing out crash screens as many times as people use arty in multiplayer games
Me: Wait, what? You mean to tell me that an AC-130 got shot down by a Strella-2? That's some real Bull-
Friend: NOOOOOOO

Return to “Modding”