Modding Questions Thread

Nationalfeiertag
Corporal

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Nationalfeiertag » Wed 12 Apr 2017 13:16

Gentlemen, my apologies if it was already discussed, but couldn't anyone explain me in a basic manner how deck hash is produced? I reckon base64 on the output, but what's the algorithm? Is there's an open sourced implementation of it, or maybe a discussion here on the forum. I would appreciate a pointers.

nikola0412
Private First-Class

Postby nikola0412 » Wed 12 Apr 2017 21:58

The W:AB Noob wrote:That is all if you editied the right file. Currently, the NDF_Win.dat file that you should edit is in Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\510064564. Don't forget to keep an original copy!

Hi Noob

Thank you for your help and thanks all you guys on this forum for hard work.
I dont now why that change do not apply for me, yes i am in that dat file and i am opening campydn_CAMPAIGNNAME\ndfscriptingforalternative1.ndfbin for CMN and there I change InitialPoliticalPoints and save.
Well i just keep trying.
I love this great game. I playtrough all campaings more than 10 times and now i wanna try something diferent.
It s a shame that this game is so mod unfriendly, when I see TW series and that modding community, I am so sad what this game couldt became.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 13 Apr 2017 04:26

nikola0412 wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:That is all if you editied the right file. Currently, the NDF_Win.dat file that you should edit is in Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\510064564. Don't forget to keep an original copy!

Hi Noob

Thank you for your help and thanks all you guys on this forum for hard work.
I dont now why that change do not apply for me, yes i am in that dat file and i am opening campydn_CAMPAIGNNAME\ndfscriptingforalternative1.ndfbin for CMN and there I change InitialPoliticalPoints and save.
Well i just keep trying.
I love this great game. I playtrough all campaings more than 10 times and now i wanna try something diferent.
It s a shame that this game is so mod unfriendly, when I see TW series and that modding community, I am so sad what this game couldt became.

Actually, mod tools are coming out for Eugen's newest game, and it might be possible to use the same tools for Wargame!!

Make your change, save it, close the modding suite, then go to InitialPoliticalPoints again. Is your change still there? If not, then it looks like a problem with the Modding Suite.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 13 Apr 2017 04:58

Nationalfeiertag wrote:Gentlemen, my apologies if it was already discussed, but couldn't anyone explain me in a basic manner how deck hash is produced? I reckon base64 on the output, but what's the algorithm? Is there's an open sourced implementation of it, or maybe a discussion here on the forum. I would appreciate a pointers.

Funny thing, I was just looking back on these posts yesterday.

Here's what you probably want:
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=51792&start=10#p798441

Also, a very old tool:
http://www.brrrt.com/wrdeck/

Nationalfeiertag
Corporal

Postby Nationalfeiertag » Fri 14 Apr 2017 12:24

The W:AB Noob wrote:
Nationalfeiertag wrote:Gentlemen, my apologies if it was already discussed, but couldn't anyone explain me in a basic manner how deck hash is produced? I reckon base64 on the output, but what's the algorithm? Is there's an open sourced implementation of it, or maybe a discussion here on the forum. I would appreciate a pointers.

Also, a very old tool:

Aha, thank you. That's extremely helpful.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 14 Apr 2017 16:50

Nationalfeiertag wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:

Also, a very old tool:

Aha, thank you. That's extremely helpful.

Glad to help!

Nationalfeiertag
Corporal

Postby Nationalfeiertag » Fri 14 Apr 2017 18:47

Small follow up question, guys there talked about TShowRoomDeckSerializer file, I presume that's an XML table where you can map unit IDs to the info, but I can't locate this file anywhere in WG directory. I'm actually more interested about SD, but I assume the process should be identical.

Additional question:
Does replay store information about winner\loser, and damage done\received? So far I was able to extract only basic information about game match and each player, like ID, deck hash, etc. Should I look a bit harder or it's simply not there :?

nikola0412
Private First-Class

Postby nikola0412 » Fri 14 Apr 2017 23:59

Yess it works, I dont now what I am doing different now but it works.
One more question, in 2kw i found where to change BG availability from turn 0 if we want, is that only for south korean BG or other nations BG to.

In the future I will study BGM tool , any advice for begginers?
Thank you all

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 15 Apr 2017 18:51

Nationalfeiertag wrote:Small follow up question, guys there talked about TShowRoomDeckSerializer file, I presume that's an XML table where you can map unit IDs to the info, but I can't locate this file anywhere in WG directory. I'm actually more interested about SD, but I assume the process should be identical.

Additional question:
Does replay store information about winner\loser, and damage done\received? So far I was able to extract only basic information about game match and each player, like ID, deck hash, etc. Should I look a bit harder or it's simply not there :?

1. Simple answer, use powercrystal's table exporter here: http://www.wargamerandomdeck.com/tools/
Then search TShowRoomDeckSerializer. For your purposes, that should make your job a lot easier.

2. I don't think so. I believe that it literally plays the game over again to calculate the end result. I doubt that they even record if a unit was destroyed.

nikola0412 wrote:Yess it works, I dont now what I am doing different now but it works.
One more question, in 2kw i found where to change BG availability from turn 0 if we want, is that only for south korean BG or other nations BG to.

In the future I will study BGM tool , any advice for begginers?
Thank you all

If you want to create a new instance, click on the yellow boxes.

nikola0412
Private First-Class

Postby nikola0412 » Sun 16 Apr 2017 14:23

WOW BGM is fantastic thank you, thank you thank you, thank you, thank you for hard work to do this tool

my wish come true, now lets play

Return to “Modding”