Modding Questions Thread

Mozria
Corporal

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Mozria » Sat 16 Dec 2017 00:52

I tried to have both missiles in the same slot, similarly to the dual-mode operation of weapons like tank guns and autocannons. Is this not doable in this way, and if so might that be the reason I was having problems?

I am asking this because I see that in your interpretation you put the pure HE version in a different weapon slot.

Also, the TAmmunition is literally the same as the AP version's TAmmo aside from the Arme value (due to my adjusting the AP version to also do HE splash on the same level as the dedicated HE version). Could there be some conflict, there?

Sireyn
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sireyn » Sat 16 Dec 2017 01:43

I only have them in different slots so you can see that they are different weapons. You can merge them into the same slot without issues. If nothing else was touched, then I'm not sure what the issue it. Try removing your new weapon, then if the game still crashes, you know your issue is somewhere in the ApparenceModel module. If you need it, I can get a screenshot of how exactly my file is setup.

Mozria
Corporal

Postby Mozria » Sun 17 Dec 2017 01:03

Evidently, the weapon is the problem. I removed the TMountedWeaponDescriptor from the AGM-65E's turret and deleted it, but the game still crashed. After removing the HE AGM-65E's TAmmunition instance, the game started up fine without needing to go back to a previous version of the mod.

Mozria
Corporal

Postby Mozria » Sun 17 Dec 2017 01:31

I'm going to try making another missile TAmmo from scratch and seeing if the game still crashes when I try to apply it to the Harrier II.

If it does, perhaps I am reaching the maximum number of allowable instances? I heard there was a problem with that, but I don't know how likely it is to be affecting me.

Sireyn
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sireyn » Sun 17 Dec 2017 04:48

I've never heard of maximum allowable instances, but I guarantee that I have far more than you do (over 300 new Tammunition alone). If you don't mind, you can upload your NDF to Google Drive and send it to me, then I'll see what I can find out.

klynch
Private

Postby klynch » Mon 18 Dec 2017 00:20

I used to use a mod that allowed to to edit the units present in a campaign. I just reinstalled the game and am unable to find that mod anywhere, does anybody know if that mod is still around and if so could you link it? Thanks

Mozria
Corporal

Postby Mozria » Wed 20 Dec 2017 09:39

I have just created an M6 Bradley Linebacker as a kind of hybrid IFV/AA piece intended to carry Stinger infantry. However, due to the fact that infantry with the original M2 Bradley's TUniteAuSolDescriptor in their TransportListAvailableForSpawn directory can spawn in all three Bradley types this one can be used by many units that I do not want it to be available for.

How can I make the M6 exclusive? Do I need to modify a linkage rule, somewhere?

Sireyn
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sireyn » Wed 20 Dec 2017 11:43

This has to do with the "UpgradeRequire" field on the main TUniteAuSol page. To completely break the linkage, you need to null that field for each unit in the upgrade line, then manually add them to the appropriate units. The order will then depend on the order they appear in the "TransportListAvailableForSpawn" within the "Transportable" module. Without breaking that linkage, you may encounter duplicates or a partial upgrade line.

Mozria
Corporal

Postby Mozria » Wed 20 Dec 2017 23:05

Ah, thank you. That actually makes a lot of sense.

I did encounter duplication when making the KAFV 25 and KAFV 40/50 available to Haebyung, so now I can fix that as well. Much appreciated.

Return to “Modding”