Modding Questions Thread

Zyhgar25
Private

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Zyhgar25 » Fri 28 Sep 2018 08:56

I've been playing with the mod suite making small changes and editing units. I know you can copy an existing units values to create a new unit but I don't know what values to change to make it spawn-able for ANZAC.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 2 Oct 2018 15:24

Zyhgar25 wrote:How would I add a unit to a country. lets say I wanna give ANZAC the M1A1 but not change the american M1A1? How would I do this? Also is there a database with all the unit numbers and weapon numbers?

For a unit like the M1A1, you also have to account for the UpgradeRequire, which is how Eugen has unit cards stacked sideways in the armory. Each unit references the one left of it, and the the first unit has null. To change the country of the US M1A1, you will need to change that UpgradeRequire to null or an Anzac tank but also switch the UpgradeRequire of the M1A1HA to the M1IP or else it will reference a tank from a different country and crash IIRC.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

DrAlex
Private First-Class

Postby DrAlex » Sun 14 Oct 2018 18:22

Is it possible to intercept SEAD missile CIWS style?

I tried to do the following to Tunguska-M guns and Tornado ESR missile AGM88:
-set porteemaximaleprojectile for tunguska guns ~200k (got [def] in armory) and InterdireTirReflexe to true (not sure what for)
-added for sead missile new module "map: damage: 83:93870 -TModuleSelector" and UIint32 flags "57" and "10". Also set InGeoDb to "true" reading past posts about CIWS and ATGM.

But so far no results. What did I missed? Should I create another turret weapon or something?

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 22 Oct 2018 00:49

DrAlex wrote:Is it possible to intercept SEAD missile CIWS style?

-set porteemaximaleprojectile for tunguska guns ~200k (got [def] in armory) and InterdireTirReflexe to true (not sure what for)
-added for sead missile new module "map: damage: 83:93870 -TModuleSelector" and UIint32 flags "57" and "10". Also set InGeoDb to "true" reading past posts about CIWS and ATGM.

But so far no results. What did I missed? Should I create another turret weapon or something?

I tried it and was able to make it work, but the vehicles don't seem to slew the gun to incoming missiles. They only engage SEAD missiles when they are approaching from the front of the AA vehicle. I've done some experimenting in the past with this and did not come up with a flawless solution.

Here are some remarks on the turret slewing
https://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=42266&p=1033500&hilit=ciws+atgm#p1033500

DrAlex
Private First-Class

Postby DrAlex » Mon 22 Oct 2018 13:03

Sireyn wrote:
DrAlex wrote:Is it possible to intercept SEAD missile CIWS style?

I tried it and was able to make it work

Care to share how?

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 22 Oct 2018 14:05

I meant that I tried exactly what you did. I gave the Flakpanzer an anti-projectile range on its main gun, added a damage module to the SEAD missile, set its InGeoDb to true, and added the two UInt32 flags.

I would double check to make sure you filled in the data correctly. If it is, then could you describe exactly what you are observing?

DrAlex
Private First-Class

Postby DrAlex » Mon 22 Oct 2018 17:18

I'm sure everything is filled correctly. Perhaps flakpanzer and tunguska gun behave differently. I tried rather radically to replace its gun with ciws from udaloy ii. It seemed to work more or less, but I guess SEAD missile just flies too fast - there were barely any time to lock on it and shoot down. Gun also prioritized plane over a missile. I tried instead to make TOR a defender, but there were crashes when it fired at helis.
I think I will just abandon this cause. What a mess =\

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 22 Oct 2018 17:35

DrAlex wrote:I'm sure everything is filled correctly. Perhaps flakpanzer and tunguska gun behave differently. I tried rather radically to replace its gun with ciws from udaloy ii. It seemed to work more or less, but I guess SEAD missile just flies too fast - there were barely any time to lock on it and shoot down. Gun also prioritized plane over a missile. I tried instead to make TOR a defender, but there were crashes when it fired at helis.

If you are determined enough, I am confident you could make it work. The TOR should be far simpler than a gun platform - just create a new TMountedWeapon on the turret using a duplicated TAmmunition that only has an anti-projectile range. I could do some testing if it would be worthwhile to you.

DrAlex
Private First-Class

Postby DrAlex » Mon 22 Oct 2018 19:39

Sireyn wrote:
DrAlex wrote:I'm sure everything is filled correctly. Perhaps flakpanzer and tunguska gun behave differently. I tried rather radically to replace its gun with ciws from udaloy ii. It seemed to work more or less, but I guess SEAD missile just flies too fast - there were barely any time to lock on it and shoot down. Gun also prioritized plane over a missile. I tried instead to make TOR a defender, but there were crashes when it fired at helis.

If you are determined enough, I am confident you could make it work. The TOR should be far simpler than a gun platform - just create a new TMountedWeapon on the turret using a duplicated TAmmunition that only has an anti-projectile range. I could do some testing if it would be worthwhile to you.

Wouldn't that duplicated turret have separate ammo? 8 normal missiles and 8 anti-sead seems kinda op :)

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 22 Oct 2018 21:15

DrAlex wrote:Wouldn't that duplicated turret have separate ammo? 8 normal missiles and 8 anti-sead seems kinda op

I meant that you could add a second TMountedWeaponDescriptor within the existing turret. Regarding ammo counts, you can assign whatever weapons you want to whichever SalvoStockIndex you want.

When you look inside a TMountedWeaponDescriptor, you will see SalvoStockIndex and SalvoStockIndex_ForInterface. The first one determines which ammo pool it draws from, which is under the Salves on the main WeaponManagerModuleDescriptor. The ForInterface determines the order the weapons appear in the info panel, such as when you look at the unit in the armory or toggle weapons in a match. You can use this to merge or separate weapons, but there will always be a 3-slot limit.

If you wanted to specify the number of anti-SEAD missiles, you would give your new TMountedWeapon its own SalvoStockIndex, then set the Salves. The Salves will multiply with the salvo you have set in the TAmmunition (a missile salvo of 8 and a Salves of 2 = 16 total missiles). If you want to draw from the same ammo pool as the normal missiles, just make sure the SalvoStockIndex's match.

Return to “Modding”