Modding Questions Thread

DarkKaiser810
Private First-Class

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby DarkKaiser810 » Tue 27 Aug 2019 05:10

can someone help me i followed the way to find TShowRoomDeckManager but i cant seem to find it where its suppose to be any help?

was following this >
2) In TShowRoomDeckManager you have the "Deck Defaults" like default starting points, default slots, slot costs, etc. What interests you is the DefaultSlotMatrix that says how many slots you have per Deck Category and DefaultCostMatrix, what is the ActivationPoint cost per Deck Category Slot.

The Categories are identified by a number :
3 - LOG
10 - REC
9 - TNK
6 - INF
13 - SUP
8 - VHC
11 - HEL
7 - PLA
12 - NAV

So when you see DefaultSlotMatrix Map 10:5 it means 5 slots for Category 10 (10=REC)

And for DefaultCostMatrix when double-click on Map that corresponds to Map 10 : Collection[9] you will see the Slots costs for Category 10, REC for each slot.

3) And finally you have TDeckRulesModifier.

This contains all modifiers, both for Nation/Coalition, Type and Era.

In the default game you have :

121808 = Armored
121809 = Mechanized
121810 = Motorized
121811 = Airborne
121812 = Marine
121813 = Support

Availability = Availability bonus (or malus if you have a negative number). Value of 1.0 = 100% extra availability
Activation Cost = Mapping of which Category/how much Cost per Category slot.
Slots Removed = Mapping of which Category/how many slots removed. Negative number gives that many extra slots.
Experience Bonus = Mapping of which Category/XP bonus of that category
Texture = don't mess with it
Activation points = Bonus Activation points.

but i cant see TShowRoomDeckManager

btw if anyone can make a discord for this forums that would be nice and easier to talk to others

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Tue 27 Aug 2019 19:04

DarkKaiser810 wrote:can someone help me i followed the way to find TShowRoomDeckManager but i cant seem to find it where its suppose to be any help?

btw if anyone can make a discord for this forums that would be nice and easier to talk to others

The name was misspelled. Unfortunately, I don't know of a Discord specifically for Wargame, but you are welcome to contact me with questions- Sireyn#7554

DarkKaiser810
Private First-Class

Postby DarkKaiser810 » Mon 2 Sep 2019 02:12

anyone know all the FOB's / transports ( using the mod ash and shadows ) in TUniteAuSolDescriptor or if someone knows an easier way to find them one by one that would be great to know

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 2 Sep 2019 19:36

DarkKaiser810 wrote:anyone know all the FOB's / transports ( using the mod ash and shadows ) in TUniteAuSolDescriptor or if someone knows an easier way to find them one by one that would be great to know

I cannot speak for anyone else's mod, but in vanilla, FOBs are located under 82: TUniteDescriptor. Filter the list by ClassNameForDebug and input "FOB". What transports are you referring to?

Marc_P
Private

Postby Marc_P » Tue 3 Sep 2019 11:36

Hi,

I'm new to Red Dragon and to Modding in general and I was wondering if there would be a way to :

- Make the supply vehicules with unlimited supply (so no need to go back and forth to the FOB)

- To have fixed recruitment points for the battle (you cannot add new units during the battle)

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Wed 4 Sep 2019 00:44

Marc_P wrote:Hi,
- Make the supply vehicules with unlimited supply (so no need to go back and forth to the FOB)

Technically, maybe, but I haven't tried. Practically, you can set the supplies to whatever you like. Here is where you find the references in the modding suite.

Marc_P wrote:- To have fixed recruitment points for the battle (you cannot add new units during the battle)

The vanilla game already has this. Just set the income to to None.

Marc_P
Private

Postby Marc_P » Wed 4 Sep 2019 11:55

Merci, Thank you ! You just saved the game for me ! :)

I like the idea of keeping some supply for your troops but find very cumbersome to go back and forth to the FOB to resupply your trucks

One more question though : where do you find the name of the different supply units ? (Trucks, FOB, etc)
Attachments
Untitled 1.jpg
Untitled 1.jpg (569.4 KiB) Viewed 154 times

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Wed 4 Sep 2019 15:17

Marc_P wrote:where do you find the name of the different supply units ? (Trucks, FOB, etc)

You can find the supply units under TUniteAuSol, then use the filter at the top right. Seach "Factory", "3". This will bring up every unit in the LOG category. You can filter the list further by MotherCountry. The names you see in the editor are not the ingame names, but they are usually identifiable. The names you see in game are in the ZZ_Win.dat.

Spoiler : :
Factory
3 = Logistics
10 = Recon
9 = Armor
6 = Infantry
13 = Support
8 = Vehicle
11 = Helicopter
7 = Plane
12 = Navy

MotherCountry
USA : US
Britain : UK
France : FR
Germany : RFA
Austrailia : ANZ
Norway : NOR
Denmark : DAN
Sweden : SWE
Canada : CAN
Japan : JAP
South Korea : ROK
Netherlands : HOL
Israel : ISR

Russia : URSS
East Germany : : RDA
Czechoslovakia : TCH
Poland : POL
North Korea : NK
China : CHI
Yugoslavia : YUG
Finland : FIN

Marc_P
Private

Postby Marc_P » Wed 4 Sep 2019 17:48

Ok thank you, this is very basic question but when I enter value of 3 in the filter I have all the results including 3, like 3, 13, etc..

ALso I was wondering if there is a way to increase the size of the "alarm messages" during the game. The ones showing in the center of the screen while playing to inform you when you lost an unit, etc.. ?

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Wed 11 Sep 2019 21:08

Marc_P wrote:Ok thank you, this is very basic question but when I enter value of 3 in the filter I have all the results including 3, like 3, 13, etc..

ALso I was wondering if there is a way to increase the size of the "alarm messages" during the game. The ones showing in the center of the screen while playing to inform you when you lost an unit, etc.. ?

Sorry for the late reply. I don't believe there is a way to filter for an exact match, but fortunately the 3 and 13 is the only instance of this inconvenience I've encountered. If there is an uncertainty about whether you found the correct unit, you can match it with the unit price and production year.

I glanced over several likely places for this text but was unable to find anything directly related. You can have a look yourself in everything.ndfbin by searching strings like "ui", "text", "feedback", etc. Other ndfbins of interest may be globals and gdconstanteoriginal, though there is a fair chance in finding it someplace else. I'm sorry I can't be of more help here.

Return to “Modding”