GENERAL YURI wrote:Does someone know where I have to go for deck variables?
For example I would like to rename Support to "Organic Support" and Recon to "Divisional Support".
Where do I find the deck specialisations? Would like to change the alloted slots. Also, is it possible to add more specialisations?
Also: Is it possible to mess with the 175m AP penetration scaling ?
- Renaming Deck Categories
1) To fully rename Deck Categories, you will need to find and replace the text you want in 3 places : interface_outgame.dic,interface_ingame.dic and battlegroup.dic
The tricky part is to find the *newest* file with these dictionaries for the language(s) that you are interested in.
So what you must do is : find the newest "ZZ_Win.dat" files that contains the newest versions for each of the files. (To be clear, find and open ZZ_Win.dat, NOT
So if for example, interface_outgame was last update in version "ABC" of the game, you will need to go to that ZZ_Win.dat file, open the interface_outgame.dic and edit the string.
If battlegroup.dic was only modified in an older version and is missing from ZZ_Win.dat in the newest patch (makes sense to leave out what didn't change, saves space) you must look for it in the folder corresponding to an older patch,
So step number 1 is to find in which ZZ_Win.dat of which patch are each of "interface_outgame.dic","interface_ingame.dic","battlegroup.dic" to make sure you aren't changing an old file that will be ignored by the game.
2) Once you found it, open it. To open "*.dic" files click on the "T" icon of the mod tool. Once opened you will all texts with LocalizationHashes attached to them, and also, very importantly, see a text box in the top-right window. That text box is you "filter text" box. So if you quickly want to find and rename the Support category, type SUPPORT (or SUP) and you will jump where you need to.
The 3 files I mentioned contain the following things that you are interested in :
1) outgame_interface.dic . Contains the Deck Category abbreviations that you find when browsing the armory or building you deck (LOG,INF,REC,etc).
2) battlegroup.dic . Contains the Deck Category names when you preview a whole Deck. (long names like SUPPORT or PLANE)
3) ingame_interface. Contains the Deck Category names when you buy units from the Deployment Menu (short names LOG,INF,REC)
Make sure you modify all 3 files to replace all references to Deck Categories in all places.
- Deck Specializations
These are found again in a number of places :
1) In TDeckAttributes you have the Deck Specializations in the UnitTypeList Collection. To figure out which is which go to ZZ_Win.dat, open ("T" button) battlegroup.dic and copy/paste the LocalizationHash in the top-right text box.
This way you can see which LocalizationHash corresponds to which Battlegroup Type and you can also rename them as well.
2) In TShowRoomDeckManager you have the "Deck Defaults" like default starting points, default slots, slot costs, etc. What interests you is the DefaultSlotMatrix that says how many slots you have per Deck Category and DefaultCostMatrix, what is the ActivationPoint cost per Deck Category Slot.
The Categories are identified by a number :
3 - LOG
10 - REC
9 - TNK
6 - INF
13 - SUP
8 - VHC
11 - HEL
7 - PLA
12 - NAV
So when you see DefaultSlotMatrix Map 10:5 it means 5 slots for Category 10 (10=REC)
And for DefaultCostMatrix when double-click on Map that corresponds to Map 10 : Collection you will see the Slots costs for Category 10, REC for each slot.
3) And finally you have TDeckRulesModifier.
This contains all modifiers, both for Nation/Coalition, Type and Era.
In the default game you have :
121808 = Armored
121809 = Mechanized
121810 = Motorized
121811 = Airborne
121812 = Marine
121813 = Support
Availability = Availability bonus (or malus if you have a negative number). Value of 1.0 = 100% extra availability
Activation Cost = Mapping of which Category/how much Cost per Category slot.
Slots Removed = Mapping of which Category/how many slots removed. Negative number gives that many extra slots.
Experience Bonus = Mapping of which Category/XP bonus of that category
Texture = don't mess with it
Activation points = Bonus Activation points.