Update cyclus: ~Monthly
- A not-yet-released mod is released.
- A Mod is announced. It must offer somewhat precise suggestions of what the mod is going to change.
- If you don't want your Mod to be indexed, specifically state so in the first line of your post.
- Outdated mods are not removed unless you inform me about them.
Purpose of this thread: This thread attempts to list all currently available mods and topics relevant to Modding. Also, links to the tools needed for Modding are included. I did not create any of those topics nor am I responsible for their content. Please contact the respective author for questions related to their work. In case I missed a topic, I'd appreciate if you could send me a Private Message.
- Modding and/or using modifications of the game is not officially supported. Game modifications or modified files you download can cause harm to your game and/or computer.
- Running mods which influence the vanilla version of players not using the mod or which affect the progress of a multiplayer game, especially in your favor, is considered cheating and will be punished accordingly. You may run those mods in private games or on your own dedicated server. Latter one needs to display a warning in its title/name.
- Links provided in this post won't make you leave to any external site (unless otherwise stated), but you may find links doing so in the topics of this forum. External sites can be insecure.
Table of Content
List of Mods
- Click a mod's title to get to the respective topic.
- Outdated mods are found in the spoiler at the end of each category. Maybe you can get them running or find any use in them. Tell me if they're moved there incorrectly.
- Modders may provide me with a short sentence to describe their mod and I'll add it.
- The contact person of the respective modification can be found in brackets. In most cases, it's the author. If there's more than one author, the one posting the mod topic is listed as contact person.
- "not yet released" : no download of the mod has been provided yet
- [Active] : The mod author has shown recent activity and the mod is compatible with the latest version of the game.
- [Working] : The mod is not developed any further, however, it still works with the latest version of the game.
- [Dead] : The mod is not working with the current version of the game.
- Normal mods
- [Active] Wargame: 1991 (Eukie)
- [Active] Wargame: Ash and Shadows (Spectre_nz)
- [Active] Wargame: Airland Dragon (Sireyn)
- [Active] Wished Dreams Mod (Narcissistic Black)
- [Working] Faustmann Balance Mod (Razzmann)
- [Working] The W:RD Sandbox Mod (The W:AB Noob)
- [Dead] Wargame: Crimean Escalation ( jonas165)
- [Dead] SirMichel's Balance Mod (SirMichel)
- Campaign mods (Mods only changing the dynamic campaign(s))
- [Working] Great Scandinavian War and Adriatic Islands campaign mod (Zomba69)
- [Dead] Climb Narodnaya hard way (rogers303)
- [Dead] Revised Campaign Mod (Guggy) - Mods campaign OOB's to better represent the timeframe of the given campaigns.
- [Dead] Busan Pocket campaign revised (Zomba69)
- [Dead] Campaign Mod: Israel 2nd Yom Kippur War 1980 (Zomba69)
- [Dead] Campaigns Revisited (Zomba69)
- Skin/Texture collections (For specific skins look here: )
Skins/Textures are multiplayer-compatible in any case, means you can use them without problems.
Below a list of relevant threads:
- Skins' directory - look here for specific skins
- Lists of texture pack - another list of skin/texture packs sorted by author
- Request reskins! - didn't find a skin? Request a new one here.
- Infantry units background (Eugen Systems)
- Wargame Font Installer (The W:AB Noob)
- Ace40k's Mi-24D Hind Re-Textures Ultimate Pack (ace40k)
- Aircraft & Helo Icon Reskins by NordicBloodHound (NordicBloodHound)
- Archduke_Franz's Reskin Project (Archduke_Franz_WGRD )
- BTDb The Base Texture Database ( Darkmil)
- Bundeswehr Infantry Reskin (Col_Sandfurz)
- Col._Sandfurz and Fliegers Bundeswehr Reskins (Col_Sandfurz)
- CommissarDornez's Reskins ( CommissarDornez)
- Community RAF Skin Pack (COMThing)
- COMThing's Skins (COMThing)
- CrazyRus29's Reskins (CrazyRus29)
- Custard's Reskins (Custard)
- Darkmil's and Anto-Shturmovik's Reskins (Darkmil)
- Dutch infantry reskin (General Mig)
- eMeM's Reskins (eMeM)
- Flogger's Reskins (FregFlogger)
- Icon Pack - All nation special forces funny icons and some more... (GeneralZhao)
- JGSDF Reskin Pack (GelLiSeN_)
- General Mig's Reskin packs (General Mig)
- Kinglorre's escapade into texturing (Kinglorre)
- kvasius's icon packs (kvasius)
- Londsmee Texture Red Dragon reversion (londonsmee)
- MLP Skins (Darkmil)
- Mikeboy's Reskins (Mikeboy)
- Polish Markingz Mod (REDDQ)
- Pok! Reskin update By pocky (pok)
- Pok! Vietnam Reskin update (pok)
- Realistic Ranks (Pyro)
- REDDQ's Little Texture Factory - Karmazynowa Jaszczurka (REDDQ)
- Reskins by Mitth'raw'nuruodo's (thrawn)
- Rgr's Reskins (Rgr)
- ROK Army reskins (GelLiSeN_)
- Royal Danish Army Reskin Pack v1.0 (GelLiSeN_)
- Scouse's Re-Textures (scouse22rn)
- SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod (HrcAk47)
- Swedish Air Force Reskin (Darkmil)
- True Cold War - SweetFX preset (silverhaze)
- United States of America Icons Pack (TheRealUncleSam)
- United States Army Reskin Pack (GelLiSeN_)
- United States Marine Corps Reskin Pack (GelLiSeN_)
- Vasto's Reskin Project (Vasto)
- War 5444's Icon Pack (War 5444)
- Wargame Modern Model Warfare (SpeisCheese)
- History of mods
In the spoilers below you can find mods which were never released or which have been abandoned long ago. None of the mods is working with the current game version, however, you may find interesting ideas or discussions.
- Spoiler : Outdated Total redo's :Total redo (The game is completely reworked, the context has been changed location and timeframe/history wise)
- War in the East (Xenon) - Review if outdated
- Wargame : Modern Battle (leopardgunner) - not yet released
- Wargame: Operation Iraqi Freedom (KarlsK) - not yet released
- Wargame: Global Crisis (horsman) - not yet released
- Vietnam War Mod (Darkmil) - not yet released
- Modern Wargame: Emerging Powers (Vladimirova) - not yet released
- 'Authentic' Deck Project mod (Salamander7734) - not yet released
- Insurgency Mod (silverhaze)
- Project Wargame Metro (h4didact4532) - not yet released
- REALISM 1980 Mod (Genre Shift!) (RaduM) - A Realism-oriented mod set in 1980.
- SOCOM Mod (The W:AB Noob) - Emphasizes on the many types US Special Forces, (some that are not in Red Dragon) in a highly tactical game against conventional forces.
- Tearing Down The Wall: Wargame 1987 (Mikeboy) - not yet released
- With Destiny: 1995 (Iris) - not yet released
- Spoiler : Outdated mods :"Normal" mods (The original game is adapted, parts of it are changed to achieve some goal)
- All out War (jts3579)
- Commander Name Mod (The W:AB Noob) - Replaces the name of US soldiers in-game to that of notable W:RD modders.
- Give underpowered units a chance (vinz75)
- Gunnars Gameplay Mods (Gunnar)
- US Superbuff Mod (thatAC130)
- Wargame "R.P.A. Edition" (Darkmil) - not yet released
- VPIERDOL MOD 3.0 W:RD (defecore)
- Uralgraznomod (Vasily Krysov) - A game-play mod that revamps several major systems in order to promote mechanized warfare.
- Ugly Ducklings Mod(ace_Ad)
- Transport Mod (NocTempre) - not yet released
- Stats Readjustment Mod (Darkus1155)
- Revised Map (laws215)
- Rodoljub "Roki" Vulovic Unit Cards Mod! - For EVERY Nation! (Razzmann)
- Red Dawn 1991 (homerfcb)
- Principal Assault Mod (captain biggles) - not yet released
- Modded Starting Options (Randomletters)
- Horsman's Mod Shop (horsman)
- Creative Coalitions mod 3.1 (GodofHellfire)
- ANZAC Mod (The W:AB Noob)
- Coalition Flags Mod (The W:AB Noob)
- Modern Units Mod (KerakTelor)
- Awesome CVs mod (FleF[FFR]) - CVs are set at the minimum price. T80UK@175$. Jeeps @10$. Availibility revised in consequence.
- Balance mod (xenotype)
- [Balance modification] Steel kings (Sleksa)
- Bombs & Shells Realism FX Mod ( Panzerjäger)
- Enhancement Mod (Col_Sandfurz) - Various enhancments to several nations like new units, balance changes and a looot of textures.
- Glorious Trabant Mod (CommissarDornez) - Replaces the Führungs UAZ, AufkLz UAZ and the LKV Ural. Adding the Trabant P601 in their place.
- GRAU approves for RD - Soviet naming mod (BTR)
- Mikeboy's Plane Redo (Mikeboy) - Changes aircraft loadouts to eliminate redundancy and maximise air force's potential.
- Small Danish Armed Forces (swordsmandk)
- Wargame Accurate Unit Renaming & Scripts (takistani_local)
- Besides the lists above, you might also want to check:
Random mod and reskin downloads (The W:AB Noob) Contains some stuff not released on the forum.
Personal note: At the end of this post, I'd like to thank the pioneers who invested an underestimated amount of time to bring Modding tools to the broad public. Also, thanks to all the modders and people actively contributing to the growth of Modding - you've proven those wrong who vehemently declined Modding as a possiblity and brought us a new, fascinating aspect of the Wargame series. I am honestly impressed by you guys and proud of Wargame's Modding community.