The W:AB Noob's modding factory!

jonas165
Brigadier

Re: The W:AB Noob's modding factory!

Postby jonas165 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 07:36

Thanks! If you need help somewhere, tell me. I might take a look at modding RD then too.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

GENERAL YURI
First Sergeant

Postby GENERAL YURI » Wed 2 Apr 2014 10:46

The W:AB Noob wrote:TUnite>modules>movementhandler>default

Big thanks! :D

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 3 Apr 2014 18:19

Whenever I start a mod, there always seems to be a new patch. I guess that's what the purpose of this modding factory is. BTW, I think I found out how to unlock maps, so do you guys want that?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Salamander7734
Master Sergeant

Postby Salamander7734 » Thu 3 Apr 2014 21:29

The W:AB Noob wrote:Whenever I start a mod, there always seems to be a new patch. I guess that's what the purpose of this modding factory is. BTW, I think I found out how to unlock maps, so do you guys want that?

Hell.... yes....

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Sat 5 Apr 2014 07:54

Hey does anybody else get a crash with the AI after modding unit stats? I've been getting crashes since v39. I'm not too fussed since I'm not gonna do anything major until release, but it is annoying.

I can have my air superiority Super hornet, but any stat modding causes a crash, especially cost/availability

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Sat 5 Apr 2014 07:55

Hey does anybody else get a crash with the AI after modding unit stats? I've been getting crashes since v39. I'm not too fussed since I'm not gonna do anything major until release, but it is annoying.

I can have my air superiority Super hornet, but any stat modding causes a crash, especially cost/availability

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 5 Apr 2014 18:16

Well, I did not try changing roles of vehicles yet, but I can imagine that it would crash. I say you should change the bot strategies. Pick an original plane similar to your new one (like the CF-18) and try using the same bot strats as your new hornet
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Sun 6 Apr 2014 01:50

The W:AB Noob wrote:Whenever I start a mod, there always seems to be a new patch. I guess that's what the purpose of this modding factory is. BTW, I think I found out how to unlock maps, so do you guys want that?

If you want to be a bad boy unlock Marine_3, it's a naval map which we have downloaded for the startup video options config.

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Sun 6 Apr 2014 05:05

The W:AB Noob wrote:Well, I did not try changing roles of vehicles yet, but I can imagine that it would crash. I say you should change the bot strategies. Pick an original plane similar to your new one (like the CF-18) and try using the same bot strats as your new hornet

I should rephrase what I said; I can use the air superiority Super Hornet without a crash, but if I slightly change the stats of say for instance, the Avenger with it's stingers (+175 range), the game will crash at a random point in an AI skirmish, which I find very strange.

jubedy
Command Sergeant Major

Postby jubedy » Sun 6 Apr 2014 14:47

Did you try making the AI a new deck after modding? Maybe the AI is confused using decks from before somehow? I don't know why it would be crashing, it was never an issue back in ALB...

Is there any chance you changed anything specific with a unit to make it crash? I don't want to say it's the AI's fault yet, because it still works fine after balance patches, which is pretty much the same thing.
Spoiler : :